09-18-09 08:57 AM
43 12
tools
    I called Verizon , out of curiosity, and asked how much the early termination fee was for my account. CS asked me why and I told them I wanted to get a BB but was not even a year into my existing contract. She asked me if there was anything wrong with my Dare, and I said no I just wanted a BB. She put me on hold and then came back and told me they would upgrade me to whatever I wanted at the 2 year contract price and my contract would be 2 years from when I activate the BB. So Im just starting all over again with a "new" contract. I got the Tour for $149 ($249 with $100 mail in rebate) I cant believe they did it for me. Jan. will be my 1yr anniv. for my existing plan.
    09-11-09 06:25 AM
    You really got lucky! They usually don't do this, but hei congrats on your BB hope you enjoy!
    09-11-09 06:29 AM
    Try and do that with sprint lol. Congratulations!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-09 07:25 AM
    there is something to be said for VZW customer service. My storm decided one day it didn't want to click anymore... next day i walked into a store and they handed me a brand new Storm no questioned asked.
    09-11-09 07:54 AM
    I called Verizon , out of curiosity, and asked how much the early termination fee was for my account. CS asked me why and I told them I wanted to get a BB but was not even a year into my existing contract. She asked me if there was anything wrong with my Dare, and I said no I just wanted a BB. She put me on hold and then came back and told me they would upgrade me to whatever I wanted at the 2 year contract price and my contract would be 2 years from when I activate the BB. So Im just starting all over again with a "new" contract. I got the Tour for $149 ($249 with $100 mail in rebate) I cant believe they did it for me. Jan. will be my 1yr anniv. for my existing plan.
    Just curious here though. If VZW had said no for this upgrade.

Would you have actually terminated early?

Would you have posted a negative experience about your CS interaction?
    09-11-09 08:06 AM
    Good to hear! They do this a lot if you call in and honestly have an issue, and are ready to look elsewhere for service. Good to hear another happy customer tell his story.
    09-11-09 08:07 AM
    I bet this is not an uncommon thing to do. They will be making more money off the OP as well as reduce their Tour inventory. Sounds like a win for Verizon as well as for the OP.
    09-11-09 08:15 AM
    Did the Dare have a data plan? V gots to luv putting people on data plans...
    09-11-09 09:07 AM
    I bet this is not an uncommon thing to do. They will be making more money off the OP as well as reduce their Tour inventory. Sounds like a win for Verizon as well as for the OP.
    Exactly! vzw saw that they can get some more money since the OP will have to add a data plan! congrats hope you like your new bb!
    09-11-09 09:10 AM
    I think having the BlackBerry data plan added to your account is what did the trick. I don't see them doing it if you were going from a BlackBerry to a newer BlackBerry model.

09-11-09 09:12 AM
    Verizon is da shiz!
    09-11-09 09:14 AM
    I wanted to upgrade one of my kid's phones early to a BB and could not get them to give me a break at the store or calling in. I really thought I wouldn't have a problem since I was going from a regular phone to a BB with the extra $30 per month! The best they came up with is to add-a-line at an extra $10/month which is ridiculous even though it still saves you on the full retail price . My plan costs me almost $3,000/year and I've been with them for about 13 years . Should have threatened to leave like brihvac did.
    09-11-09 09:17 AM
    3,000 a year and you think they are going to bend? I think it depends mainly on the rep cuz when I see people calling in with issues that I know are indeed fact then I will bend. Or if someone from a school like harvard or a big business you bet they are upgrading early and you bet they will get that phone tomorrow. Why? They pay over 100k$ a month. So don't walk around with 3 grand thinking you're the coolest thing since peanut butter.
    09-11-09 09:20 AM

I called because I was looking at the new Sprint plan and was curious how much it would cost to terminate my contract ($136). I would not have complained about them if they didnt do it. Its not the reps fault if they wouldnt have done it. Policys are policys. I didnt think they would have done it anyway. I didnt call up saying I wanted a new phone. I just asked what the early termination fee would be. They are the ones that asked me why I wanted to know and I told them I wanted a BB and I was not eligable to get a new phone. I didnt mention anything about leaving Verizon. They could have just told me and that would have been the end of the phone call.
    Last edited by brihvac; 09-11-09 at 09:50 AM.
    09-11-09 09:44 AM
    I called because I was looking at the new Sprint plan and was curious how much it would cost to terminate my contract ($136). I would not have complained about them if they didnt do it. Its not the reps fault if they wouldnt have done it. Policys are policys. I didnt think they would have done it anyway. I didnt call up saying I wanted a new phone. I just asked what the early termination fee would be. They are the ones that asked me why I wanted to know and I told them I wanted a BB and I was not eligable to get a new phone. I didnt mention anything about leaving Verizon. They could have just told me and that would have been the end of the phone call.
    Cool deal - A good rep will see the a customer might want leave when a customer asks about an ETF. If there is an issue customer is having that might cause them to leave, a good rep will go out of their way to investigate and resolve the issue. This is called good CS in my book and a great way to maintain the customer base.
    09-11-09 09:57 AM
    Cool deal - A good rep will see the a customer might want leave when a customer asks about an ETF. If there is an issue customer is having that might cause them to leave, a good rep will go out of their way to investigate and resolve the issue. This is called good CS in my book and a great way to maintain the customer base.
    Totally agree. Its good to see some smiles out there instead of people thinking they can sue lol
    09-11-09 09:59 AM

WHile I am not the OP, I have been in a situation where I honestly would have terminated if they didn't find a way to help me. Of course verizon pulled through(after a little time) and did the right thing. But if they hadn't, I would have gladly walked.

That being said, I would hope the OP wouldn't have cried wolf if he couldn't get his way on this, as he wasn't entitled to anything.

The most important thing is to honestly thank the reps who help you. I am happy to really praise someone who does right by me. I never get pissed at those who don't, but will politely ask for a supervisor in a heartbeat if I'm being mistreated. in 10 years I have spent nearly 18,000 dollars with Verizon. I don't take that lightly.
    09-11-09 10:31 AM
    Not sure if you are, but if you're a longtime csr with very few upgrades they will upgrade you especially into a bb.

I believe the Dare has pretty much been discontinued anyway. Little toddler lego dumbphone.

Good luck and welcome to the bb world. Have a nice day
    09-11-09 10:38 AM
    Great. I got a similar deal after 3 months with a Dare. Also got the BOGO. My sister got one of the BBs and my daughter got the Dare, all on family plan. They told me I wouldn't even have to put the Dare on a line. I liked the Dare but after using internet on it wanted more.
    I think you get these deals because VZW is in the wireless business not the cellphone business.
    09-11-09 12:20 PM
    Try and do that with sprint lol. Congratulations!

i have always upgraded early with sprint.
    i have never had a phone for 2 years with them, i always usually upgrade before my first year is even close to up.
    they gladly accept re-signing of 2yr contracts
    09-11-09 12:31 PM
    i have always upgraded early with sprint.
    i have never had a phone for 2 years with them, i always usually upgrade before my first year is even close to up.
    they gladly accept re-signing of 2yr contracts
    No wonder sprint can't make any money.

09-11-09 02:42 PM

+1
    10char
    09-11-09 02:50 PM

its not that they dont make any money from it it is a great idea if you think about it.

everytime i re sign they have me for that much longer. i have no problems or issues with sprint so i dont mind re signing 2 Yr every yr.

then do it now with their premiere members allowing them to get a new update every 12 months and for people that get tired of phones quick.

thanks for the laugh though
    09-11-09 02:55 PM
    Did the Dare have a data plan? V gots to luv putting people on data plans...
    Good contribution to the thread.

Grats on the early upgrade!
    09-11-09 06:00 PM
    True I can't think of many people who if offered an early upgrade would say no, IF they enjoy the service they're getting.
    09-11-09 06:12 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD