Well over a month ago I posted a link to a speed test sponsored by Wired.com, and they have just now posted the results of 15,000 tests conducted by users like you. Apparently Verizon came out on top and poor AT&T was last, check it out for yourself.

Verizon Leads, AT&T Runs Last in Wired.com’s 3G Speed Test | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

I know that some have indicated that these results are in no way accurate or scientific, but they measure something and Verizon is first in that something, lol.
    Last edited by cenloe; 07-11-09 at 02:42 AM.
    07-11-09 02:34 AM
    You know, they aren't scientific - but you do have to give it up to them for trying to point out some possible deficiencies. The WiFi connection possibility is one, but while they said it might change the results, the changes would favor AT&T.

Also, they mentioned equipment variables - well, if the fansites were correct & VZW has the worst phones, again, AT&T would have an advantage.

WiFi was probably a factor in T-Mobile having such a good showing. In reality, T-Mobile speed resembles a snail in a snowstorm. There is no way it cound beat Sprint.

They did mention PC World also came up with a similar showing, but didn't include T-Mobile.

Our testing, with real equipment, averaged for area & region, regularly shows VZW, then Sprint, with AT&T a distant third. T-Mobile doesn't stand a chance.

For a humorous look at reality, check out my thread elsewhere on this site.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-11-09 04:58 AM
    All tests conducted by Ivan Seidenberg

My supervisor just brought this to my attention...
    Ivan Seidenberg is the CEO of VERIZON...
    LMAO

and people say tests arent biased...
    07-11-09 09:38 AM
    More than anything, these results are fun to discuss. The results can be skewed and manipulated countless ways, just read some of the comments after the article.

@heather.law
    Where did it say "All tests conducted by Ivan Seidenberg"?
    07-11-09 11:00 AM
    oh, I sent the article to my collegues and a couple supers...

acknowledge our speed test is not scientific; we view it as a general barometer that gauges the performance of 3G networks in the United States. With that said, we note a few caveats:

We realize that the substantially larger amount of AT&T test takers may unfairly contribute to an overall lower download speed — so take this considerably lower result with a nugget of salt.
    The test results rely heavily on good faith that participants were being honest (and not, for instance, running the test over Wi-Fi). We did, however, remove any bogus, impossibly high results, as well as incomplete data fields.
    Software, processors, memory and other factors will obviously affect a cellphone’s overall download speeds. Smartphones with faster CPUs, more RAM and so on will clearly give the network an advantage. But then again, these test results should give you a general idea of the network performance you should expect not only on these networks, but also the phones they carry.
    All tests conducted by Ivan Seidenberg

its about the middle of the article. I will relook at the origional bc I copied and pasted into my email.

You know what I just looked at the article again. Mike put that in there himself to be a dope and funny.
    Last edited by heather.law; 07-11-09 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Im a dope
    07-11-09 12:02 PM
    Get the joke? He put the CEO of Verizons name in there because the tests "favored" verizon...
    you want to know how dumb I feel...
    but its saturday right? Brain optional.
    07-11-09 12:20 PM
    Get the joke? He put the CEO of Verizons name in there because the tests "favored" verizon...
    you want to know how dumb I feel...
    but its saturday right? Brain optional.
    haha.. Lowell McAdam is actually our CEO..
    07-11-09 01:25 PM
    Like I said... "brain optional" LMAO!
    07-11-09 01:50 PM
    Wow - I even missed that. Must've been the hour & terninal fatigue.

Ivan Seidenberg is CEO of Verizon Communications.

Lowell McAdam is CEO of Verizon Wireless.

07-11-09 02:39 PM
    Yeah well, I didnt even bother to Google his name to gather any info. Guess our brains are all on weekend mode, oh well.
    07-11-09 05:00 PM
    Heh - my mind was on the overnight mode. It was 2AM & I was checking things before bed - and I'd had a couple glasses of Scotch & an evening in the pool.

The only thing I picked up was the T-Mobile anomaly.

07-11-09 05:16 PM
    and I'd had a couple glasses of Scotch & an evening in the pool.

Poolside with scotch sounds perfect! Im jealous.
    07-11-09 08:14 PM
    This time of year, I practically live in the pool. And when I really want to relax, it is a glass of single malt & a glass of 7-Up.

07-12-09 01:26 AM
    No wonder Dogs is alway there.
    07-12-09 10:20 AM
    This time of year, I practically live in the pool. And when I really want to relax, it is a glass of single malt & a glass of 7-Up.

7 and 7 can't beat it.
    07-13-09 03:32 PM
    Sorry, but I'd drink castor oil long before I would drink Seagrams. No offense, but that is not a good line of spirits.

We're talking Islay or Speyside malts - single malts. Consumed straight or with water or 7-Up (never Sprite) or club on the side (never mixed or with ice), often with a rich 54-ring heater on the side. Price ranges from $50-$1000/per 750ml.

No, definitely NOT Seagrams.

07-13-09 04:24 PM
    LOL @ Seagrams

I tended bar a few years ago, scotch is one of my favorites. I never did find a single malt to suit my taste, but I did drink quite a bit of blended scotch. Chivas Regal and Johnny Walker were my favorites-the older the better. I will have to try the two you mentioned Twins.
    07-13-09 05:09 PM
    Those are regions for malt. For a wonderful everyday Scotch whisky, try Aberlour - a Speyside malt, aged in boubon & sherry casks. It is much better than a 10-year-old has a right to be and every bit as good as their older vintages. If you shop around, you can find it for around $50/750ml.

I will admit, Scotch whisky is an acquired taste.

The better blends use various malts - some with better results than others and not all single malts are worth having. Glenlivet is one that is better given as a gift than consumed.

07-13-09 09:45 PM
    Sorry, but I'd drink castor oil long before I would drink Seagrams. No offense, but that is not a good line of spirits.

We're talking Islay or Speyside malts - single malts. Consumed straight or with water or 7-Up (never Sprite) or club on the side (never mixed or with ice), often with a rich 54-ring heater on the side. Price ranges from $50-$1000/per 750ml.

No, definitely NOT Seagrams.

Would you really ruin a good Speyside with 7-Up?...and what is wrong with an ice cube or two...no more than two.

07-13-09 11:03 PM
    Not in the same glass. Never put anything in a good Scotch.

Just a little chaser sip, from time to time, to free the palate.

07-13-09 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD