10-18-09 06:35 PM
100 1234
tools
    I've never had anything remotely close to "good" customer service with verizon. When ever i've broken a phone, they've made me pay full price for it unless i was eligible for an upgrade. I've been with them for 6 years. I've been waiting for the storm2 since the first words were leaked about it. It looks like a great device, but with customer service like verizon, its not worth staying around. and who knows they could make us wait till the holidays for it.
    then u said u didnt break em, make up ur mind...
    10-18-09 12:08 AM
    I'd also like to add that i am part of the VERIZON VIP PROGRAM and service isnt any different.

I'd also like to apologize for when i said "when ever i've broken a phone" I meant whenever a phone broke.... Happy?
    10-18-09 12:15 AM
    Like Verizon cares about you, your just money to them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 12:25 AM
    umm, ok. Good luck with less 3G in more places. Oh and how about them dropped calls your going to experience on .............whatever other carrier you go with. And you felt the need to post this here because you knew it would get allot of attention even though its in the wrong section. Nice move!
    Verizon is not a 3G carrier. No GSM = NO true 3G no matter what they say.
    10-18-09 12:29 AM
    The concept of patience is lost to some people.
    If you honestly can't wait a month, maybe two (yikes!) for a new PHONE, you either need a reality check or a fresh diaper.
    10-18-09 12:32 AM
    missed it... either way.. I don't know why you would complain about paying full price for a phone when your contract isn't up.
    Im not the one complaining about it.
    10-18-09 12:43 AM
    I'd also like to add that i am part of the VERIZON VIP PROGRAM and service isnt any different.

I'd also like to apologize for when i said "when ever i've broken a phone" I meant whenever a phone broke.... Happy?
    I guess I will ask it again. So how did these phones "break"
    10-18-09 12:44 AM
    Like Verizon cares about you, your just money to them.

Any business makes money from their customers, and needs loyal customers in order to sell lots of products/services.

They aren't in business to make friends, or to "care" about you, except inasmuch as they care about you liking them and their products enough to purchase/re-purchase and recommend to your friends/family.

If you're expecting more than that from a corporation, you're always gonna be deeply disappointed.

My experience is that Verizon takes customer service very seriously as a key differentiator in their business model...I've never had a bad experience with Verizon support, and I've been with them since the Airtouch days. Not saying they never drop the ball once in a while (nobody's perfect), but I'd recommend them w/out hesitation to anyone looking for a carrier.

If I want someone to care about me, I've got my wife.
    10-18-09 12:57 AM
    @ibigler5

Vzw's VIP program isn't hard to be a part of, and it doesn't mean you get special customer service. No activation fee on new lines, etc and that's about it. Treat the reps bad and they make nice little notes in your account history. Treat them with a little respect and they will bend over backwards for you.

Ps, I didn't feel like going back and quoting you. Easier this way

I've been mad as he-double hockey sticks at them, yet I managed to convey my points without resorting to anger. They stepped up and helped as much ad they possibly could. Ever have a csr give you their cell #? I have, and they answered and resolved my issue.

10-18-09 01:00 AM
    Verizon does kinda suck when it comes to have good customer service, especially in the stores. The people on the phone tend to be a lot better to deal with. But to be honest, you just have to know how to complain and force them to do what you want. Once you practice ******** at them a few times and persuading them, you can generally get what you want out of them.
    10-18-09 02:01 AM
    OMG, you DIDN'T just say that! Months and months of arguing about this and you STILL insist that Verizon doesn't have 3G service.

LOL!
    10-18-09 02:12 AM
    It has recently occurred to me that Verizon Wireless is a joke or a service. Though they do have great service they do not care about their customers, thew people who keep them in business. It is ridiculous that they cant get their **** together. I have been debating for awhile about whether or not to switch to a different carrier and I think this is the breaking point.

VERIZON WIRELESS... YOU HAVE JUST LOST A LONG TIME CUSTOMER...

p.s. if you ever get your **** together, feel free to contact me

GOOD DAY
    wow. nice rant. wtf does it have to do with the storm2? get out of here.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-24-09 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Language in quote
    10-18-09 02:15 AM
    You sir are an idi0t.

all 3g stands for is 3rd Generation.

The current network that verizon is running on is their 3rd Generation network........meaning 3g!!!!

OMG I can't talk on the phone and get an email at the same time like the GSM customers...WHO GIVES A F*CK !

Its still 3g and its Faster and more reliable in more places than at&t and tmobile combined.....have fun with your gsm 3g.
    10-18-09 02:21 AM
    Uh Oh I has 3G!!!!!!!

Seriously? Looks like you need to spend some time reading and educating yourself before you come in here and post this kind of nonsense!!!!!!
    10-18-09 02:37 AM
    +1 3g=third generation. And lte=4g. Lte is short for long term evolution by the way. Nothing more than a tag for consumers to know that they are using an upgraded technology.

10-18-09 03:21 AM
    cool story everyone
    10-18-09 03:36 AM
    my only complain with verizon is their phone selection, but it looks like theyre starting to work on that
    10-18-09 05:41 AM
    3g rules :P
    10-18-09 05:53 AM
    So, wait a second.

He's mad because he's been DYING for a phone that had no OFFICIAL release date?

Dude, these are message boards that get leaked info. You get your hopes and dreams crushed because a business does what it has to for a business?

What a ridiculous little tool!
    10-18-09 06:56 AM
    So, wait a second.

He's mad because he's been DYING for a phone that had no OFFICIAL release date?

Dude, these are message boards that get leaked info. You get your hopes and dreams crushed because a business does what it has to for a business?

What a ridiculous little tool!
    +1... if he waited just a little longer then Santa would have brought him plenty of new toys to play with. But instead he's on the naught list.
    10-18-09 07:28 AM
    Look at the bright side...1 more available phone

10-18-09 07:35 AM
    It has recently occurred to me that Verizon Wireless is a joke or a service. Though they do have great service they do not care about their customers, thew people who keep them in business. It is ridiculous that they cant get their **** together. I have been debating for awhile about whether or not to switch to a different carrier and I think this is the breaking point.

GOOD DAY
    Way to back up your accusation with any sort of evidence.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-24-09 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Language in quote
    10-18-09 07:40 AM

GOOD DAY
    What exactly are you complaining about here? That they didn't release the Storm 2 on time for our unofficial, leaked, and rumored release dates? Or would you rather them rush the S2 to market and have a Storm1 fiasco all over again?

Verizon is getting it right. They recognized they were hurting in the smartphones department, so now they have the Storm 2, Droid, and soon-to-be Pre coming to their network. They're going to be unstoppable.
    Last edited by chrisy520; 10-24-09 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Language in quote
    10-18-09 08:49 AM
    Well, I must admit that their prices are a tad bit high; close to Sprint though but my service has being nothing short of rock solid. As far as CS, I've had no need to call them besides upgrading devices and I must admit that I'm now on a VZ employee account so if I have to call I deal with employee services.

When I first sign-up with them I got a Razr and to be honest I really liked it but my roommate (who works for VZ) talked me into getting a new device since she claimed that was one of their top devices that has issues. They switched it and put the charge on my first bill,(cool.) I then went to a LG 8350. Excellent device, never had one issue or CS call about it. 4 months in is when I switch to an emp account and I could upgrade every 10 months;(cool) so at the 9th month, I was itching to switch to a BB and they did so despite me having a a little over a month to go,(cool.) My 8130; rock-freakin' solid. Never an issue, never a dropped call, I've traveled with it over a 5,000 mile trip; always had service. Used VZ Nav. and it never tripped up even in those areas were you can tell you're not in 3G. (The display changes slightly) So, I really haven't had the pleasure of dealing with CS for an issue bcuz, I don't have any! In fact, I've called a couple of times just to see if 611 works and to say hello!

Even though I still call Verizon the snobs of the cell world, I think they can't be beat. Yes you might come across someone that ticks you every once in a while but heck, that's everywhere. There's a store in zip code 48075 (MI) and their employees are so freakin' arrogant (besides this one manager) I even hate going to pay my bill there so, I just don't go in there but most of the other area locations have great CS. I have friends with TMO, Sprint, and ATT and they have all had to use my phone at times bcuz of issues. Even a couple with the "Golden Phone" the iPhone. I asked them is there an app to show when and where you have decent coverage! They might not have the best selection of phones but they have enough that you should be able to get a device you can live with. I'm anal about having close to 100% up-time and a non-buggy device and knock the Pearl if you want; VZ has given me both and I'm happy as can be Sorry about writing a book but, you should get the point. Stick with VZ
    10-18-09 09:19 AM
    If the op stayed out of these types of boards on the interwebs he wouldn't even know of this or other RUMORED devices. Then when it dropped he would have a nice surprise instead of crushing disappointment.

10-18-09 09:33 AM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD