05-20-10 12:02 PM
50 12
tools
    so on the 8th (which was a Saturday) i ordered my new phone the HTC Incredible, and was told that the order would be processed and shipped via 2 day delivery to me and it would be in my hot little hands by Wednesday the 12th......the 12th comes and goes, and no phone, so i call.....well sir it seems that FEDEX picked up your phone today, but we don't have a tracking number as of this time......i say let me talk to your boss.....i can't sir he's in a "meeting"......now the blood starts to boil, i know when i'm being given the run around.....have him call me.....yes sir i will.

i wait till the next day with no call from said "boss". now i'm kinda getting furious. so i call back....i go right to "i need to speak with your boss", and i get the same song and dance about a meeting. OK i say let me speak with his boss......"sir, he too is in a meeting". by now you can only imagine my temp and blood pressure are way through the roof......another day goes by with no call and no new phone delivered.

fast forward to Monday of this week....STILL no phone that was supposed to have shipped a WEEK ago. so i call again and ask for a person in charge.....guess what i get told......yep another meeting. i let the clown on the phone have it, and have it good.

today....i call back, and just like the aerosmith song.....same 'ol song and dance.....this time i actually get a call back from some guy named Chris who says he's a manager....he tells me that my phone will not ship until the 29th of the month. i went into nuclear overdrive on this guy, since i looked at my account today and noticed that i had ALREADY BEEN BILLED for a product that i had not only not received, but one that had not EVEN BEEN SHIPPED YET.....he says that is the company policy. so i gave him an earful that would make a seasoned combat vet blush......all i want is my new phreaking phone....
    05-18-10 11:17 PM
    Sorry to hear that. Nothing is more frustrating than wanting your new phone.

The Droid Incredible is in extremely short supply. The guaranteed dye of shipping is June 1. Anything before that is luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-10 11:30 PM
    05-19-10 12:33 AM
    Tell them youre ticked off and youre thinking about switching carriers, watch them scramble =)
    05-19-10 12:38 AM
    Won't do any good. The orders are waiting in line, there is no way to cut in front.
    I'm sure you think you're more important than the other 15,000 people that ordered one, but you're not.
    05-19-10 12:53 AM
    ....he tells me that my phone will not ship until the 29th of the month....
    I think it's an omen. Cancel the order now and get your money back while you can.
    05-19-10 12:57 AM
    now the blood starts to boil
    now i'm kinda getting furious. so i call back....
    by now you can only imagine my temp and blood pressure are way through the roof......
    i let the clown on the phone have it, and have it good.
    i went into nuclear overdrive on this guy,
    so i gave him an earful that would make a seasoned combat vet blush......
    I know it's frustrating when you get told one thing and another but you sir have MAJOR issues. You need heavy medication and professional help. You are the the exact same kind of trash that calls and thinks you can talk and act however you want with someone over the phone. **** you! You think you're great because you can yell at a stranger over the phone? **** you, **** your phone, **** your mother, **** your father (for raising you so poorly) and **** your face.
    05-19-10 02:57 AM
    I know it's frustrating when you get told one thing and another but you sir have MAJOR issues. You need heavy medication and professional help. You are the the exact same kind of trash that calls and thinks you can talk and act however you want with someone over the phone. **** you! You think you're great because you can yell at a stranger over the phone? **** you, **** your phone, **** your mother, **** your father (for raising you so poorly) and **** your face.
    THIS^ This x1000

When someone calls me on the phone acting the fool, especially for something I cant change, it only gets me mad, and they typically are greeted with a click, but either way, in the end your all up in a tizz and miserable and still havent accomplished anything. Everyone and their brother in law has ordered these things, so the backlog is understandable. In any case, I'm sure the guy you went "nuclear" on just sharted his pants and ran to get your phone shipped.
    Last edited by bigdaddyII; 05-19-10 at 03:09 AM.
    05-19-10 03:01 AM
    WRONG ! He is the customer..he is ALWAYS right. Any other attitude is wrong . What you just posted is the reason American business is going down the tubes.
    This man bought a product that was not delivered and the vendor has a responsibility to deliver that product which it failed to do. He should not be upset??? Come on now this holier then thou crap from customer service and business is what congress needs to tackle...start hitting guys like Verizon and AT&T in the pocket for this kind of crap. Deliver the goods within 10 days or give the customer a full refund.PERIOD
    05-19-10 05:57 AM
    WRONG ! He is the customer..he is ALWAYS right. Any other attitude is wrong . What you just posted is the reason American business is going down the tubes.
    This man bought a product that was not delivered and the vendor has a responsibility to deliver that product which it failed to do. He should not be upset??? Come on now this holier then thou crap from customer service and business is what congress needs to tackle...start hitting guys like Verizon and AT&T in the pocket for this kind of crap. Deliver the goods within 10 days or give the customer a full refund.PERIOD
    It says right on the phone on verizon's website that it is back ordered. It's his own fault if he can't wait.
    05-19-10 06:21 AM
    lets see here....

a company bills a customer for a product that they don't even have or will ship for almost a month......poor business practice

the rep on the phone tells me when i order my new phone that it WILL SHIP on the following Monday...there are many programs out there that show current inventory in REAL TIME. now if the guy would have been up front with me and said "sir i see that the phone you want is back ordered, and the next expected date that we will have them in is __________. " i would have had a totally different attitude, and we more than likely wouldn't be having this conversation

the next rep i talk to says "oops, sorry sir. i see where your phone was picked up by FEDEX today, but we won't have a tracking number until 5 P.M."

hey there smart guy, when FEDEX picks up a package it's assigned a tracking number immediately.....another example of a rep telling someone ANYTHING, even if it's not true, to get them off the phone with a smile.
    05-19-10 06:28 AM
    It says right on the phone on verizon's website that it is back ordered. It's his own fault if he can't wait.
    there was no disclaimer on the website when i ordered...
    05-19-10 06:29 AM
    Who cares what the website says? And it's a week later from when he ordered it - what did the website say last Monday?

OP: I think it is illegal or certainly against credit card company policies to charge a customer before a product ships. You might want to contact your credit card company and check on that.
    05-19-10 06:32 AM
    ROFL at the people defending Verizon in this case. Every day he calls and every day every manager is in a meeting? Please. Don't be naive.

Had the first guy been honest about the backlog instead oc clearly lying and saying it had been shipped, this probably wouldn't have been such a problem.

Last edited by CASActuary; 05-19-10 at 06:40 AM.
    05-19-10 06:38 AM
    Tell them youre ticked off and youre thinking about switching carriers, watch them scramble =)
    Yeah, that's going to work.

And you know what, he's the only one in the entire country waiting for the phone. When people call and ask about the status, all we can do is give out the information that is available to us.
    05-19-10 06:44 AM
    When people call and ask about the status, all we can do is give out the information that is available to us.
    Isn't this part of the problem? Either by design or stupidity, VZW seems to lack a pathway for providing accurate, up to date information to their customers. As a result, it provides opportunities for cretins like the OP to blast the guy on the other end of the phone. **** poor behavior on the part of the OP and once again **** poor info coming down the pipe from VZW.

05-19-10 07:11 AM
    Some reps are just unbelievable in here!!!!!!!
    05-19-10 07:20 AM
    Isn't this part of the problem? Either by design or stupidity, VZW seems to lack a pathway for providing accurate, up to date information to their customers. As a result, it provides opportunities for cretins like the OP to blast the guy on the other end of the phone. **** poor behavior on the part of the OP and once again **** poor info coming down the pipe from VZW.
    This is the most reasonable post so far on this thread.

Should the OP have gotten so pissed off over mis-information on the shipping date on a phone? No. But VZW should have told him, when he ordered, that the phone was on back-order; and that information should have been readily available each of the subsequent times he called in.

And, there's no available supervisor to speak with twice when calling in?
    05-19-10 07:44 AM
    Is Mario a vzw rep? Hope he is not near me.

As far as Op,,,,, if he were given good info, like the phone was on backorder, this would never have escalated to this point. And seriously the boss is in a meeting, on four subsequent calls?!?!?!? Come on....
    05-19-10 07:48 AM
    Is Mario a vzw rep? Hope he is not near me.

..... if you don't live near the "Boo'd-que" .. no worries I guess , lol
    05-19-10 07:54 AM
    Believe me I know I'm not the only one waiting. All I'm asking for is some honesty when I talk to one of the reps when I call. supermario....that's pretty adult of you there. Way to go..
    05-19-10 08:07 AM
    lets see here....

a company bills a customer for a product that they don't even have or will ship for almost a month......poor business practice

the rep on the phone tells me when i order my new phone that it WILL SHIP on the following Monday...there are many programs out there that show current inventory in REAL TIME. now if the guy would have been up front with me and said "sir i see that the phone you want is back ordered, and the next expected date that we will have them in is __________. " i would have had a totally different attitude, and we more than likely wouldn't be having this conversation

the next rep i talk to says "oops, sorry sir. i see where your phone was picked up by FEDEX today, but we won't have a tracking number until 5 P.M."

hey there smart guy, when FEDEX picks up a package it's assigned a tracking number immediately.....another example of a rep telling someone ANYTHING, even if it's not true, to get them off the phone with a smile.
    Actually, realizing and billing for a sale before the goods have shipped is illegal. Had to spend 2 full days in "training" seminars on this very subject.
    05-19-10 08:11 AM
    I wouldn't be so mad about the backordering (since it was advertised) but it's inexcusable to bill someone BEFORE the product is shipped. Isn't that illegal?

I'd file a complaint. Don't let them do that crap.

05-19-10 09:04 AM
    Question: Did the original sales person earn a commission on a sale that could not be fulfilled in a timely manner? Is that why the phone "was to ship almost immediately" to earn that commission?

Being lied to can definitely boil one's blood so on call one, two and possibly three, Verizon was escalating the blood pressure of the op. And subsequent reps were only covering for the original screwup until he finally got the truth.
    05-19-10 09:21 AM
    I am on the same boat with OP but have diff circumstance. I got my Inc a week ago but I can't use my phone now because it started rebooting itself continuously since 05/10

On 05/11, I called cs to order an exchange. They charged my cc for a new phone (already billed) and gave me a promise the phone delivery on 13th. Now, I and all u guys know that wehave to way till next month to get this hot s...t

I am not sad or mad, or blame on anyone. But I totally disagree when they charged me before the phone ship. I called them yesterday to cancel my order and they refused to do that because "it is impossible"????

I just wonder what kind of sale like this. I paid ur money and get nothing but promise and promise. Sorry Verizon, ur coverage is good but at this point: u aint cool at all.
    05-19-10 09:54 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD