I hate to say it, but Jobs is Milking ATT for everything he can get before the exclusivity runs out, maybe a negotiation will be made but don't see Apple coming soon. Christmas maybe, but I doubt it.
    06-08-10 09:52 PM
    I have stopped even hoping for this. I am happy with my Incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 10:28 PM
    You needed to create a new thread to say that?

Thanks for your great insight into the issue though...
    06-08-10 10:32 PM
    I hate to say it, but Jobs is Milking ATT for everything he can get before the exclusivity runs out, maybe a negotiation will be made but don't see Apple coming soon. Christmas maybe, but I doubt it.
    I would be more inclined to say AT&T is milking Apple. They're selling mad product on sub par network/service. JMO from my use of the service ie; dropped calls and no 3G service.
    You needed to create a new thread to say that?

Thanks for your great insight into the issue though...
    There have been WAY more created to say a lot less, ex. all those that created one to say Jobs and VZW were in talks and the iphone was definitely coming.
    IMO we need way more like this to get these people to realize that the iphone IS NOT COMING
    06-09-10 10:06 PM
    Maybe there's a reason AT&T is allowing a 6 month early upgrade... to keep customers from switching should Verizon be getting an iPhone in 6 months.
    06-09-10 11:05 PM
    Yup they are trying to get all they can out of ATT and Apple Combo before maybe it does go to another carrier. MONEY make the World go round, its all about steps in marketing and sales. Never jump to a max discount unless you have ran out of options.
    06-09-10 11:09 PM
    IMO, it's in Verizon's interest to float these rumors whether they want to get it or not. Keeps potential ATT converts on the fence.
    06-09-10 11:22 PM
    ATT is definitely getting milked here, not Apple. ATT pays a substantial amount to apple for every subscriber and whenever they allow early upgrades, its ATT who eats the loss, not Apple.
    06-10-10 08:41 AM
    Good post.....
    06-10-10 10:51 AM
    I have stopped even hoping for this. I am happy with my Incredible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'm at the point where when customers come in and I'll ask about it, I'll say "iPhone? Never heard of it."
    06-10-10 11:10 AM
    Apple sells hardware. AT&T buys hardware and gives it to customers at a subsidized price. Early upgrades cost AT&T. AT&T wants that exclusive contract as long as they can keep it.

For Apple it's potentially worth more than $5 Billion, yes that's Billion in gross revenue from a Verizon iPhone next year alone. There are estimates that Apple can reasonably expect to sell about 10 million CDMA iPhones to Verizon subscribers. This doesn't even include the "churn" it will cause for AT&T.

With that kind of money on the table Apple cannot afford *NOT* to make an iPhone for Verizon when the contact with AT&T runs out. The only speculation is when that date actually is. I don't think there is any speculation of whetther there will be a Verizon iPhone.

I say end of the year, for Christmas. Now that can be 2010 or 2011. 8-)
    06-10-10 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD