1. MKREdit's Avatar
    In a month from now I am visiting the Dominican Republic and I would like to use my 9630 Tour while there. I wouldn't be calling much locally but I will be calling back to the states. What will I have to do to accomplish this? Would a prepaid sim card be a viable option?
    09-15-09 10:12 AM
  2. FF22's Avatar
    Make sure you call Verizon in any event to let them know you will be out of country.

    You might want to signup for their GLOBAL plan if available from where you are going.

    Calls would be $0.99 per minute both in and outbound. Your regular CALLERS would not know any difference, they just call your regular number.

    I believe if you opt for a local sim card from down there, you will have a different phone number. Then I suspect calls back to the US would be international and may be expensive (or use up more of your pre-purchased allotment.) And any of your friends calling you would need to call that number, also international.

    Verizon pro rates the 65-69 Dollars/month on a daily basis and you don't pay your normal BB data rate if you opt for data, again, on the pro rata basis. For example, two weeks, half of that 69 rate and half of your normal BB rate.

    Have fun
    09-15-09 02:53 PM
  3. AaronWasHere's Avatar
    F2 is pretty much right on... call into VZW customer care and let em know. If they can't help directly, they can get you to global support and make sure everything is squared away.
    09-15-09 03:25 PM
  4. MKREdit's Avatar
    Having a different number isn't a problem besides only one person should be calling me while I'm away. Now that I think about it it may be best that no one has the number so they are not using up my minutes. At this point its just about the dollars. I think I'll be checking rates for sim's along with vzw's international plan.
    09-15-09 11:38 PM
  5. tsguy52's Avatar
    Check this link out and it will answer most of your questions: International Services
    09-16-09 12:50 AM