02-18-09 08:42 AM
85 ... 234
tools
    Read this and I am sorry, but sounds like someone is twisting things jsut for the sake of argument.

He mentioned he pays extra for enhanced coverage for his laptops phone especially when there is no guarantee I would even get the same phone.

And your wrong Tadberry. Geico and Progressive may be A rated companies but they are not considered the old-line full service companies.

The cellphone industry is a ripoff and has a horrible rating with the bbb and has many lawsuits and injunctions out there against them.

Those who are smarted probably aren't reading anyway. I will validate the original question with a little change.
    I swore I was going to avoid this topic as no matter what the answer or how one responded, someone would get their panties in a wad.

But I guess I should've said "FULL SERVICE, OLD LINE, TRADITIONAL INSURANCE CARRIERS."

Some people will twist the semantics game to suit their argument, no matter how it is played.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    First, "Pauley", I find it interesting that you've chosen to become a newbie and post your very first post here at CB on a topic that you think smart people will avoid. Welcome to CB ... "Pauley".

"Pauley" and TwinsX? ... or, TwinsX and "Pauley"? ... oh, heck, let's just call them both The Twins.

I haven't twisted a thing here Twins - I used the term you originally assigned ... "mainline". Based on your usage of terms ... I am not wrong. And I promise you - you're not going to teach me a heck of lot about the insurance industry.

BBB, lawsuits and complaints. I assure you, that all the "oldline, full-service, whatever" casualty companies you want to identify have BBB complaints, lawsuits and consumer complaints - all of them. It's part of the territory. And sort of a "twisted" way of casting dispersions on Asurion.

Asurion is not a rip-off for some consumers - that's my argument. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. My arguments are not invalidated by your ad hominem attack(s) or redefinition of terms. And my panties aren't wadded; they silky smooth and feel just great ... Twins.
    02-17-09 10:27 AM
    A) Your assertion or allegation that the two posts are of the same origin is ludicrous. Any mod with access to the IP address info will confirm this - unless Pauley broke into my office or swiped my BlackBerry. Nope, no broken windows & my BlackBerry never leaves my side. If I were a betting man, I'd put down $100,000 that Pauley's IP address has never bee used by me, since each is unique.

B) if I recall correctly, I saw that Pauley had registered some time before posting. Hardly a register & post scam.

C) Spelling/grammar/style isn't even close. Anyone can see that.

D) You are grasping at straws, trying to rationalize your choices/decisions. Twisting what I say & attempting to draw attention away from the intent of the statement is really a cheap ploy which distracts only the ignorant. You're coming off as whiny.

E) Don't you think if I'd come up with an idea as silly and as childish as you seem to be capable of, I'd have done it sooner, rather than waiting for over a week?

F) Conversing with you is a complete waste of my time. While I may have previously suspected as much, your last post proves it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 12:10 PM
    Fair Enough, Twins.

You exited the conversation a long time ago.

With exception of the last post from "Pauley", I have addressed each one of your points in a generally honest and logical manner. Not a ploy, not twisting - I don't need that. And there is no requirement to agree, obviously. The point is still *Asurion is not a rip-off for some consumers*.

I'll let my comments, and yours, on this thread stand for themselves.

Adieu.
    02-17-09 01:22 PM
    I just made a claim w/ Verizon's insurance after my screen spider-webbed under pressure the other day(oops! ). It did cost a whopping $50...but the new phone came with everything the original one did...manuals, DM, travel charger, wall charger, USB.....etc. And the only thing they want me to send back to avoid the $300 charge of not returning it, is the phone itself! They don't even want the battery back! Just the phone. however I did leave the SIM card and the mem card in it. How could anyone consider that a ripoff?!? Who cares if you have to pay the monthly fee and you only get two claims per year....it personally saved my ***!!!
    02-17-09 02:54 PM
    You don't accumulate 80 million customers by ripping them off. Verizon claims to have the best network, not the lowest prices. Freedom of choice is very powerful and I choose VZW.
    02-17-09 06:37 PM
    I should probably feel bad doing this but it seems verizon could do at least a little better with insurance. If i lose or break my phone and have to replace it i have to pay 50 bucks on top of the monthly fee i already pay plus i can only get two replacements a year

My girlfriend has sprint and they pay some fairly low monthly fee and get unlimited yearly replacements with no deductible...

So do you think it is justified to say that i "lost" my phone when i actually broke it so that i can keep all the accessories? Seems like such a ripoff that i have to pay them to get just the phone without any accessories for a broken phone
    I think I would rather pay 50.00 bucks then having to go spend like what 300 or 400 dollars for a new phone.

So to me no it's not a rip off
    02-17-09 06:47 PM
    Cost benefit analysis and the acutary analysis.
    In english.

You gotta look at the plan cost ($5-$15 a month) and cost of replacement ($50) versus the monthly fee should you put that aside on your own to replace your phone ($200-$500) should you damage or lose it? The acutary analysis..how often do you loose, drop, spill, damage your phone?

I carry no insurance on mine (Storm and Curve).
    The wife carries and pays her own phone insurance.

Again to each his own.
    02-17-09 11:36 PM
    If you need more than 3 phones a year, you have more serious problems than the amount of money you pay for insurance on a phone. If every four months you're breaking your phone, learn to be more careful. I've never paid for insurance on a phone and have never needed it. Just take care of your phone. Buy a protective case for it and be careful. Otherwise, deal with the insurance from Verizon, or don't pay for it at all. Nobody is holding you at gunpoint and forcing you to pay for the insurance. It's a service they offer, governed by their terms, not yours.
    02-18-09 08:06 AM
    I actually looked into this before I bought my Curve. One of my cousins is a tech and told me that with the smartphones, it's definitely worth getting the insurance. When you try to replace the phone w/o it, you're paying full price (for the Curve, that's $499.00 -or was) because you're not purchasing it with a new activation. Even paying the 5 bucks a month and the 50 bucks to replace the phone - it would take you 8 years and 3 months to hit the $500 mark (the estimated value of the phone, brand new.) INSURANCE IS WORTH IT.
    02-18-09 08:21 AM
    I recently had to use their insurance and found it quite helpful. I was at a party and dropped my lg Dare in my drink... twice. The 2nd one wasn't my fault though. Instad of having to shell out $400 - $500 on a new phone, I filed a claim and had the replacement within 24 hours (which was brand new, not a refurb). It worked out great, my buddy wanted the Dare and was due for a new phone on his acct, I had him purchase the Storm for $199 and traded him the brand new Dare I just received plus $100. The only downside is I cant put this phone down. I'm on it at work all day, then when I get home I'm still messing with it...
    02-18-09 08:42 AM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD