Not sure if anyone can answer this for me. I joined a family plan which I believe has insurance on each line but am not positive. When I signed up I got the Bold 9650. I switched back to a feature phone after a while and sold the Bold. I am now back to a Bold which I purchased from somewhere other than Verizon. If I had insurance on my line when I signed up in the first place would the insurance still apply to my newer Bold? It seems like it would not but I just wanted to be sure.

My reason for asking this is that upon receiving the phone in the mail I have noticed that the speaker that you listen to when calling someone seems very scratchy. It is very hard to hear someone even with the volume turned halfway down. Sometimes I also can not hear them at all because it cuts out or something. Does anyone have any ideas to what it might be? Seems like the speaker itself is just shot.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
    01-21-11 08:40 AM
    I could be wrong here but I thought the insurance was tied to the phone and not the line. So you would not have insurance on this new phone.
    01-21-11 09:40 AM
    I could be wrong here but I thought the insurance was tied to the phone and not the line. So you would not have insurance on this new phone.
    That is what I figured. Thanks for the help.
    01-21-11 09:50 AM
    The insurance company used to allow used phones to be covered, but you had to wait 45 days...while the phone is active on your account.
    01-21-11 10:15 AM
    The insurance company used to allow used phones to be covered, but you had to wait 45 days...while the phone is active on your account.
    OK I will look into that. how long ago would you say you knew that was how it worked? I suppose I could just call Verizon or go into a store and ask them.
    01-21-11 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD