08-08-08 09:24 PM
53 123
tools
    I just remembered something that is truly irritating and is a reason that they really should give me an 8330 at 2 year price if not for free.

As most with an 8830 know, it cannot receive or send MMS messages! Obviously you're not going to take a picture and send it because there isn't a camera, but it should at least be able to receive MMS messages or send a picture stored on the device, no? Clearly Verizon disabled MMS because it is indicated on the RIM website that this device supports MMS with an asterisk next to it.

If I call, they're probably just going to tell me to have people email the images or say I should have exchanged within the 30 day window but I didn't know that any blackberry could receive MMS messages until I found a thread on this forum... by that time my 30 days were up. Might be worth another try though.
    08-08-08 08:22 PM
    If you didn't try to send or receive a picture message in the first 30 days it must not have been that important of a feature.

Also, no VZW phone without a camera can send/recv picture messages so your tactic will get even less traction.

Oh and yes, the RIM website does say it supports MMS*
    *Check with service provider for availability, roaming arrangements and service plans. Certain features outlined herein require a minimum version of BlackBerry software.
    Did you check with your carrier?

Didn't think so
    08-08-08 09:18 PM
    I just remembered something that is truly irritating and is a reason that they really should give me an 8330 at 2 year price if not for free.

As most with an 8830 know, it cannot receive or send MMS messages! Obviously you're not going to take a picture and send it because there isn't a camera, but it should at least be able to receive MMS messages or send a picture stored on the device, no? Clearly Verizon disabled MMS because it is indicated on the RIM website that this device supports MMS with an asterisk next to it.

If I call, they're probably just going to tell me to have people email the images or say I should have exchanged within the 30 day window but I didn't know that any blackberry could receive MMS messages until I found a thread on this forum... by that time my 30 days were up. Might be worth another try though.
    DANG! may blackberry does not cook my dinner. I found after the release of the next generation of devices that they do. I was silly not to ask during the first 30 days if my Blackberry cooked dinner. DAMN! my provider should just give me the new one free of charge or heavily discounted. To boot I still have cook my own dinner.

Can I hear sarcasim? you bet!
    08-08-08 09:24 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD