I have a curve 8330 speaker for calls suddenly stopped working and doesn't work if I put it to speakerphone either. Screen sometimes shuts off for a few minutes at a timethen just reapears. Just wondering if I do an insurance claim will they send me another 8330 or the newer curve 8530? Just curiois!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-10 03:28 PM
    They will send you the same device. Most likely a refurbished unit.
    01-09-10 03:31 PM
    I have a curve 8330 speaker for calls suddenly stopped working and doesn't work if I put it to speakerphone either. Screen sometimes shuts off for a few minutes at a timethen just reapears. Just wondering if I do an insurance claim will they send me another 8330 or the newer curve 8530? Just curiois!

Don't worry. I'm sure they have plenty of 8330s for you. Good thing too since you'd have to buy mostly new accessories. Should save quite a bit!

01-09-10 03:33 PM

Have you did a battery pull? What about a reloading of the software/hard reset?

If you don't have any liquid or physical damage and you are still under warranty or extended warranty, then just go through VZW for a warranty claim.
    01-09-10 03:39 PM
    The speaker pop was a software issue. What version is your phone on? If that is the issue you may not have to file an insurance claim.
    01-09-10 05:48 PM
    speaking of insurance claims....got a notice today ascurion boosted the deductible to $89 up from $50
    01-09-10 06:01 PM
    speaking of insurance claims....got a notice today ascurion boosted the deductible to $89 up from $50
    is this for new customers? b/c i just did a claim on mine and it only costed me 50 for the claim :dunno:
    01-12-10 10:58 AM
    It depends on when the insurance was added. Back in July they changed it to where there are 2 different tiers for phones and advanced devices. The deductible for phones went down to $39 and the deductible for advanced devices went up to $89. If the phone was purchased after I believe July 7th, the new insurance pricing and tiers applies.
    01-12-10 01:46 PM
    I don't think is applies if the phone was purchased after july.
    It applies to *new* insurance where there was no prior policy.
    My new Storm 2 still has the same insurance plan as my S1.
    No change in premium or deductible.
    01-12-10 03:06 PM
    I don't think is applies if the phone was purchased after july.
    It applies to *new* insurance where there was no prior policy.
    My new Storm 2 still has the same insurance plan as my S1.
    No change in premium or deductible.
    no suce thing as NEW insurance, you can only get it when you buy the phone new. cant be added later
    01-12-10 03:08 PM
    no suce thing as NEW insurance, you can only get it when you buy the phone new. cant be added later
    If you don't have insurance, and then you get a new phone and get insurance, wouldnt that be new insurance?
    01-12-10 05:25 PM
    if you call Vzw and have had the phone within the mfg yr warranty you won't have to use your ins as a claim If you have had the phone over a yr then it does become an insurance claim and you will get the most recent device. If your model is no longer in their inventory then you will get the upgrade phone
    01-12-10 06:00 PM
    if you call Vzw and have had the phone within the mfg yr warranty you won't have to use your ins as a claim If you have had the phone over a yr then it does become an insurance claim and you will get the most recent device. If your model is no longer in their inventory then you will get the upgrade phone
    Just because a phone is out of mfr warranty does not automatically make it an insurance issue. As long as there is no physical damage to the phone it can be replaced by VZW after the one yr warranty is up for a fee. You would only be referred to insurance if the phone is lost/stolen or if there is physical damage. There are also 2 types of insurance, one of which includes the extended warranty in which case the phone can be replaced after one yr at no charge for defects, but still thru insurance for damage. Also, with the purchase of a new phone the insurance is "supposed" to be updated to the new pricing but that is not always the case and depends mostly on the rep.
    01-12-10 06:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD