Possibly when I last upgraded I asked what would happen to my Employee Discount (gov't agency) if I retired and was told it would prevail. Well, I just got an inquiry from Verizon asking me to verify my employee status. They check by sending an email to your employee email address and you respond. Well, that won't work since my email address has dissolved.

Anyone know the situation before I venture forth? I can enter my phone number of check other options but that would be a dead giveaway at the moment!

What can a poor pensioner do?
    09-21-13 09:10 PM
    Lol. I had a friend in a similar situation with Sprint, and he would dodge their inquiries (letters, which turned into automated phone calls, and then even into manned calls,) like he was dodging death itself. I was actually surprised how long it took for them to catch up to him. I surmised Sprint was willing to eat the difference rather than lose him as a customer...up to a point.
    09-21-13 09:15 PM
    To avoid possible issues with fraud, since it was your employer or Verizon that told you in the first place that you'd still have your discount, could you again have them vouch for you?

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    ragdeiii03 likes this.
    09-21-13 09:20 PM
    Agreed, contact your previous employer

Q10 10.2.0.1725 thanks BL Team
    09-21-13 09:22 PM
    Hello. Just visit a Sprint store and ask for a Sprint discount program eligibility verification and service agreement form. Tell them that you are retired and was eligible before your retirement. They will lookup the information and enter your sprint wireless number, sprint account number, account holder name, corporate id(provided by sprint rep) and personal email address. You have to fax this form plus a recent pay or pension stub to the provided fax number. Once your info is validated you will receive a confirmation email, usually within 5 days. Any other info needed by you will be explained on the form. This is what I did and was re-verified.
    00stryder likes this.
    09-21-13 09:57 PM
    Hello. Just visit a Sprint store and...
    OP is a Verizon customer
    09-21-13 10:00 PM
    I used sprint but Verizon should have a similar form......
    09-21-13 10:01 PM
    I used sprint but Verizon should have a similar form......
    I pretty much substituted every "Sprint" with "Verizon" when I read what you wrote. I figure since these carriers like to emulate one another so much, the process would roughly be identical.

Posted via CB10 on my white Z10 & lovin' it!
    09-21-13 10:04 PM
    Do you get back pension check from them? When I got my employer discount, I didnt have a personal email. ATT did it from a paycheck. These carriers give a lot of discounts to employees that don't have email. They've got to have a backup method.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 10:05 PM
    Thanks, ALL. The replies are much appreciated. I may allow another billing cycle to pass and drop in. Or drop in anonymously and ask. I will turn off my cell phone before venturing near the store and wrap it in tinfoil!

Local government but State pension program and direct deposit. But I'm sure I have some paperwork.
    09-21-13 10:16 PM
    Do you get back pension check from them? When I got my employer discount, I didnt have a personal email. ATT did it from a paycheck. These carriers give a lot of discounts to employees that don't have email. They've got to have a backup method.

Posted via CB10
    You send a copy but you whiteout the personal info. If you don't have an email address you can always contact them about your account.
    09-21-13 10:30 PM
    The forms are also available online. Google "Sprint (or Verizon) Discount Eligibility Form"

I've faxed in forms with pay stubs and have had it work for at least 3 different people including myself.

Posted from my BB Q10
    09-23-13 01:44 AM