Please forgive me but this is not related to BB's.

I use a Verizon UM175VM device for internet service.

On my BB I can do the *228 to update my software/roaming.

What can I do to update the same with the UM175?
    12-31-09 06:48 PM
    Go to options on the VZ Access Manager and select Activation.
    Have the device plugged in and not connected.
    12-31-09 06:58 PM
    Or - if you leave it plugged in, and not connected, you can call tech support and have it pushed.

Or, you'd have to be able to obtain a copy of the prl on your computer - and tech support can talk you through how to manually update.
    12-31-09 08:02 PM
    Or - if you leave it plugged in, and not connected, you can call tech support and have it pushed.

Or, you'd have to be able to obtain a copy of the prl on your computer - and tech support can talk you through how to manually update.
    Tech support cannot push those PRLs wirelessly unless it is an Alltel device. VZAM is the best tool to update the prl via activation. If that doesn't work they can visit a corporate store or just obtain what they think is the right prl like you said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 11:21 PM
    You can do manual activation: Ctrl+D; passcode: "000000"; activation code: "000000" You will need your MDN, MIN (can be found in under Help->About VZ Manager) PRL (should find in About VZ Manager) or on your phone in Phone Info. They are the same in most cases.
    12-31-09 11:31 PM
    if the mdn and min displayed in the about section then it would already be activated..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 11:37 PM
    If I remember, a manual programming you will may also need the HOME SID. I do not think you have access to this info. I know phones need this for a manual program, but it has been a long time since I seen the screens for modems.
    12-31-09 11:48 PM
    If I remember, a manual programming you will may also need the HOME SID. I do not think you have access to this info. I know phones need this for a manual program, but it has been a long time since I seen the screens for modems.
    All you need is the MDN, MIN, SID and the Activation code 000000 for manual activation, but I don't know how this got so in depth. He asked for the simular way to activate like dialing *228, Options>Activation. That's all Folks.
    12-31-09 11:51 PM
    All you need is the MDN, MIN, SID and the Activation code 000000 for manual activation, but I don't know how this got so in depth. He asked for the simular way to activate like dialing *228, Options>Activation. That's all Folks.
    AH, so the old memory is serving me right.
    01-01-10 12:37 AM
    AH, so the old memory is serving me right.
    I'm sure your memeory is fine. lol....
    01-01-10 12:54 AM
    Why are we making this so complicated!?

options>activation people!

sheesh!
    01-01-10 07:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD