03-20-09 11:45 PM
31 12
tools
    You don't have to. If you didn't FRP would get billed + etf.

If you did return the phone, then what he said is pointless. I love BOGO sales. Really brings out the inner scammer in people haha
    03-19-09 10:16 PM
    I was really looking forward to getting a BB this weekend!

My mom is due for an upgrade and originally was going to give me her upgrade so I could get a BB (mine is in Nov), as I'm really getting in the need of one with school, work, and internship. I felt guilty and didn't want her to miss out.

So she noticed the BOGO and decided that although she didn't need a BB she'd go ahead and get the 2 and upgrade/renew both our plans for 2 years from the $35 plan we have to the BB data plan. We both did a lot of research to make sure it was possible.... looking at VZW.com and other articles... well after a month I ran across this thread. What a bummer!

I feel that's a dumb decision on Verizon's part as we were going to upgrade two $35 plans to $99 plans... which means they get more money each month. I feel that if they had arranged it so the deal worked in this way they'd end up with more money in the long run.

Oh well, I guess the bright side of this is that by the time my upgrade comes up Niagra should be out.

(I don't mind going the summer without something as useful as BB, but once school and internships start up again in August it was going to come in real handy!)

Thanks for listening to me vent.
    03-19-09 11:43 PM
    CASHED IN ON THIS. got another line and got a free storm.. i robbed them plus they gave me money back cause i traded back the glyde i had on the second line. plus i get the rebate for the glyde..
    ME-1
    Verizon-0
    03-20-09 12:40 AM
    I love BOGO sales. Really brings out the inner scammer in people haha
    And we see our share of scammers running loose here.

I was really looking forward to getting a BB this weekend!

My mom is due for an upgrade and originally was going to give me her upgrade so I could get a BB (mine is in Nov), as I'm really getting in the need of one with school, work, and internship. I felt guilty and didn't want her to miss out.....
    Are you on the same account? If you are, it wouldn't hurt to call 611 and ask if they'd move up your date.

It may be a bit early, but you never know if you don't try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 12:45 AM
    CASHED IN ON THIS. got another line and got a free storm.. i robbed them plus they gave me money back cause i traded back the glyde i had on the second line. plus i get the rebate for the glyde..
    ME-1
    Verizon-0
    I don't really believe you? What exactly did you do?
    03-20-09 12:49 AM
    And we see our share of scammers running loose here.

Are you on the same account? If you are, it wouldn't hurt to call 611 and ask if they'd move up your date.

It may be a bit early, but you never know if you don't try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Yes we are on the same account. Now that I'm in town for the weekend, we're going to head in sometime in the next few days and give it a go and see what they say.

As my dad's always said "It never hurts to ask. The worse they can say is no."

So ask I will.

If not, my grandfather mentioned he was due for an upgrade and has no intention of using it. He prefers to keep his phones simple (and even hates that his phone has a camera on it). So I might just very well use his upgrade....

We'll see how it all goes!

Hope it goes well, as this would be an early bday gift for me
    03-20-09 11:45 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD