03-20-09 11:45 PM
31 12
tools
    02-05-09 12:29 PM
    I wonder if were within our 1st thirty days of getting the storm, can we still go back and get this deal?
    02-05-09 12:53 PM
    yes as long as the second line u are signing up for is upgrade eligible as well
    02-05-09 02:05 PM
    Yup.

Need to have 2 or more lines eligible to upgrade.

FREE is the best 4 letter word evAr/
    02-05-09 02:10 PM
    sounds like a great deal
    02-05-09 02:16 PM
    What happens if it is being updated on a single line account? I have a friend willing to update and give the extra phone to me, or is that not possible?
    02-05-09 02:40 PM
    I have 4 lines on my family plan, and only 1 is for a BB... my contracts currently up so I can upgrade if I'd like.

Do you think you can upgrade another line to a BB to get the BOGO and then cancel the data plan etc the next month and switch that line back to a regular non BB phone so that you can sell the extra or keep it as a backup... or will Verizon require you to keep the 2nd data plan for the 2 year contract.
    02-05-09 02:42 PM
    Damn.......that's sweet
    02-05-09 02:45 PM
    Looks like I will be calling my local vzw store since me and my wife just switched over from alltel monday and got new storms!
    02-05-09 06:43 PM
    yup, 30 day price protection rocks
    02-05-09 06:58 PM
    what an awesome friggin deal..wish they would have had it about 2 weeks ago..
    02-06-09 02:27 PM
    What happens if it is being updated on a single line account? I have a friend willing to update and give the extra phone to me, or is that not possible?
    That is up to the store itself.
    02-06-09 02:46 PM
    I have 4 lines on my family plan, and only 1 is for a BB... my contracts currently up so I can upgrade if I'd like.

Do you think you can upgrade another line to a BB to get the BOGO and then cancel the data plan etc the next month and switch that line back to a regular non BB phone so that you can sell the extra or keep it as a backup... or will Verizon require you to keep the 2nd data plan for the 2 year contract.
    You could switch back, that's fine. It will still extend your contract for two years though.
    02-06-09 03:56 PM
    what an awesome friggin deal..wish they would have had it about 2 weeks ago..
    as long as you bought your phone within 30 days of the promo starting, bring your receipts and as long as you have a 2nd line eligible or start a new line you can take advantage of the promo
    02-06-09 07:11 PM
    For those that are within their return perion meaning you purchased within the last 30 days you can get a credit plus rebate. I have received my credit and just complete the online rebate center. SO LETS GO GET OUR CREDIT AND REBATES PEOPLE!!!!!!!
    02-06-09 08:36 PM
    My Credit Of $199 Plus Rebates!
    02-06-09 08:36 PM
    My friend and I are both eligible for upgrades on our phones and were both considering getting Storms together.

She is on her own plan and I am on mine, is there anyway that we would be able to upgrade our phones at all even though they are on separate plans???

If so, that would be awesome, then her and I could just split the cost of the first Blackberry...

o, is it a rebate offer too? I sure hope not...
    03-18-09 08:59 PM
    Well, you have a few options.
    1. it's NOT a rebate offer.

What you could do is:
    1. You each could upgrade, each get 2 storms, then sell the second one and end up making a profit on them...
    2. You (or her) could do it, and give the other person the device to activate on their line, but this would void the warranty
    03-18-09 09:01 PM
    Sultan gave you wrong information. It's not a buy one get one unless you have two phone lines eliglible for upgrade on the same account or if you're willing to add a second line. If you have one line eligible you do not get two storms.
    03-18-09 09:15 PM
    Yup. Buy one and sign a new agreement. Get 2nd one free only with a second agreement on the same account.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 11:11 PM
    My husband finally converted over to a BlackBerry. I wanted the free but I wasn't eligable for an upgrade until next year. We just added an extra line, put an old standard phone on it and turned the phone off.

They swapped around the ESN numbers for us and all. Even after they let us upgrade super early for the 2 year price.

I am still getting used to the Storm. I think part of it maybe because I am bitter that Bookworm isn't available for it lol
    03-19-09 09:43 PM
    there could be a slight possibility this promo is being extended from the origional end date of march 31st....
    03-19-09 09:46 PM
    Sultan gave you wrong information. It's not a buy one get one unless you have two phone lines eliglible for upgrade on the same account or if you're willing to add a second line. If you have one line eligible you do not get two storms.
    This isn't wrong information. She could start the line on the second and cancel it a day later and keep the phone.
    03-19-09 09:47 PM
    No she couldn't. If she cancels the line within 30 days she gets charged FRP + ETF for the phone. If she keeps it for more than 30 days then yes, she could pay the ETF and keep the phone.
    Last edited by Weekendbum; 03-19-09 at 09:55 PM.
    03-19-09 09:48 PM
    This isn't wrong information. She could start the line on the second and cancel it a day later and keep the phone.
    No she couldn't. If she cancels the line within 30 days she gets charged FRP + ETF for the phone. If she keeps it for more than 30 days then yes, she could pay the ETF and keep the phone.
    And the FRP & ETF would be applied to the bill & if not paid, the existing line risks being shut off, too.

Plus, I believe that to deactivate that line within the 30 days, you would have to return the phone...
    03-19-09 10:12 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD