When will Verizon get the iPhone? At this point, never, says Motley Fool: Verizon Pays for Stupidity (AAPL, ADBE, GOOG, MOT, VZ)
    10-05-10 05:10 PM
    LOL
    10 chars
    10-05-10 05:11 PM
    I mean that's just funny.
    10-05-10 05:31 PM
    That's just plain funny. Seems like Seidenberg is telling apple, and I'm paraphrasing, "to shove the thing up their collective #@$", if they think they will get special treatment.
    10-05-10 08:38 PM
    Hmmm how did you get that out of "we have to earn the iPhone and we haven't earned it yet? Please explain.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 08:40 PM
    My favorite part of that article was this-

but because Steve Jobs isn't about to let broken technology anywhere near Apple's crown jewels
    What's he got with AT&T then?
    10-06-10 02:28 AM
    Verizon usually puts there own App store and programs on there smartphones correct? At&t doesn't do that, because Apple has total control. It all has to be pre-approved.
    10-06-10 07:29 AM
    My favorite part of that article was this-

What's he got with AT&T then?

That's EXACTLY what I was going to say!!! LOL!!!!!!
    10-06-10 09:10 AM
    nvm misread.
    10-06-10 10:20 AM
    ...and another iPhone CDMA article. I'm kind of not believing Verizon when they said they aren't getting the iPhone for a long time.

Technolog - CDMA version of iPhone will be ready by early 2011
    10-06-10 05:51 PM
    Vzw tells people in the stores they won't be getting an iphone either. Why? If vzw announces a 2011 iphone, no one is buying a smartphone from them during the holiday season.

10-06-10 07:24 PM
    Vzw tells people in the stores they won't be getting an iphone either. Why? If vzw announces a 2011 iphone, no one is buying a smartphone from them during the holiday season.

WRONG

Verizon reps tell you that because we have no information on the iPhone being released on our network. When Verizon announces it, then you'll know it's for sure.
    10-06-10 07:34 PM
    Looks like Verizon will be getting iPhone afterall. Since this is from Fox News site should be legit.

iPhone Coming to Verizon by Year's End, Insiders Say - FoxNews.com

Doc
    10-06-10 07:38 PM
    Would the VZW iPhone be a global phone?

10-06-10 07:46 PM

No telling. Clearly, CDMA-only will not be global. Might be better just to wait and see if VZW actually gets the device.
    10-06-10 08:06 PM

EXACTLY..

People need to learn businesses are not your friend, its nothing personal its business..

Alot of shoppers think to personal but need to think business wise..

VZW is not your friend. Why would they tell you, yes its coming out in the summer 2011, knowing millions what the iphone. VZW probably wouldn't make sales for a long time
    10-07-10 04:40 AM

I'm guessing that LTE might allow it to be ,but I'm sure that will be mentioned as a selling point too.If not for the iphone(since who knows for sure if that phones coming to vzw , lol) to make other android phones world phones that are LTE compatiable
    Last edited by DavidNC; 10-07-10 at 07:27 AM.
    10-07-10 07:25 AM
    When will Verizon get the iPhone? At this point, never, says Motley Fool: Verizon Pays for Stupidity (AAPL, ADBE, GOOG, MOT, VZ)

JUST heard on CNN - 1st qtr 2011 VZW will get iPhone.

YAWN

10-07-10 08:29 AM
    Good. Competition is helpful.

10-07-10 08:54 AM
    Good news for AT&T. Hopefully this will clear up the congestion on their data networks.Should help their QC performance scores.

10-07-10 12:59 PM
    4G will not even have that major of an affect for years to come. Not just because they will need to upgrade the system as a whole but by the time a company like Verizon can get their entire system up to a 4G standard there will be improvments in the system allowing faster speeds.

4G (or LTE) in it's base form is not inherintly faster, it just has the capabilities to be faster. So your new 4G phone may not be as screaming fast as you would like.

Also who knows what will happen with pricing as Qualcomm has multiple royalties to CDMA technology. The 4G (LTE) may not have as much overhead due to copywright infringements thus making the systems cheaper?
    10-10-10 03:19 AM
    Yay for 4G.
    SO FANCY~*~*~*~*~*
    10-10-10 03:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD