10-15-08 08:26 PM
58 123
tools
    Ok, I am done, this has officially turned into a Ford vs. Chevy debate.
    10-12-08 02:29 PM
    But helstar you do charge for your business cards and such. That cost is worked into your fee. A business would never charge their actual out of pocket. You would never make any money.

All cellphone companies double dip. On a land line we only pay long distance for calls made not calls received. For cells we pay for minutes used whether it is coming in or going out.

Cellphones are still a luxury. You may not think so, but it is. I know many people who survive without one. If your job requires you to have one than they need to pay for it. If they are paying for it than they may not allow texts at all. Their perogative.

No one carrier is gonna give you everything you want. You are gonna find something to complain about with every carrier. That is what makes competition. If there was no competition than prices would be sky high. If you want free everything get cricket. But remember it doesn't have roaming and you are stuck to your area only.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-08 03:00 PM
    The hiring practices of a company should not be offered as a barometer for that company's contributions to the economy. Not unlike most of your contributions to this thread, they can be used as a diversion that neither addresses the true issue at hand, nor seeks to understand and respond to the concerns of those in opposition. There are many other factors that that will negate the temporary stimulation provided by such practices.
    Thank goodness we live in a country that evey has can debate an issue and state opinion. As to your response to me, I give you an rousing WHATEVER!. We agree to disagee. There is not a subject here that I will ever get into argument over.

Have a nice day. Thank you for your thoughts and contributions.
    10-12-08 03:27 PM

All cellphone companies double dip. On a land line we only pay long distance for calls made not calls received. For cells we pay for minutes used whether it is coming in or going out.
    I knew this would come up sooner or later in this thread. You have a valid point but there is a distinct difference. Two cell phone users talking to each other are both using infrastructure to make the call, so it makes sense to charge them both airtime as they are likely consuming resources at two different cell towers (perhaps even on two different carriers). The difference here is that the provider (say google.com) of the SMS alert is meeting the carrier half way by delivering the payload to the carriers network from there own infrastructure. This example happens on the internet every day. i.e. CrackBerry.com is more than likely not hosted on your ISPs network so your HTTP request gets routed across networks (hops) until it reaches the ISP hosting CrackBerry.com. CrackBerry only gets charged for bandwidth they use on there own network (built in to there hosting agreement).

No one carrier is gonna give you everything you want. You are gonna find something to complain about with every carrier. That is what makes competition. If there was no competition than prices would be sky high. If you want free everything get cricket. But remember it doesn't have roaming and you are stuck to your area only.
    This is the problem, there isn't enough competition, and there are few enough of them that they cooperate on things like SMS because its a cash cow for all of them. If one of them were to break rank and offer SMS at slim margins they would gain temporarily but everyone (carriers) would lose long run because the other would be forced to follow suit. Cooperation yields better results than cut-throat. This is precisely why unregulated markets don't work. Companies don't want to compete they want to make money. It's easy to take this argument to the other extreme though. Over-regulation hurts as much as under-regulation, so it shouldn't be about more or less but about better.
    10-12-08 05:44 PM
    Ok, I am done, this has officially turned into a Ford vs. Chevy debate.
    come on mike there's no debate here..........Chevy sux.

love those chicks on your homepage.

I also under stand that free is free.
    thats just ignorance..........
    10-12-08 07:48 PM
    We had AT&T and had the worst service ever. Constant dropped calls, poor customer service, the list is long. We switched to Verizon about 6 years ago and though I still compare plans, I haven't found one who can touch Verizon for coverage or customer service. I have found that, for us, a side-by-side comparison constantly puts Verizon well ahead of the competition. Personally, I think you get whatever you are willing to pay for (yes, I know that ended in a preposition). LOL
    10-12-08 11:55 PM
    come on mike there's no debate here..........Chevy sux.

love those chicks on your homepage.

thats just ignorance..........
    Man, Troy and I disagree again, I am a Cadillac man, so I side with GM. Now if GM did not have the Caddy's who knows what I would drive. Probally a Saab, but that is owned by GM as well.
    10-13-08 09:40 AM
    Im upset that we allowed an osp subscriber to continue this threaded discussion with a quote from wikipedia!
    Last edited by dionsb; 10-16-08 at 04:27 PM.
    10-15-08 08:26 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD