I spend about $90 a month for my cell phone. Its a (gag) droid original. I would of gotten att or sprint, but they wanted a deposit before i could get service. Verizon was the only one that didnt. I wish I would have never signed up for verizon. Anytime you walk into verizon, they always push the droid phone. I own one and I would say its one of the worst phones I have ever used in 18 years. The apps randomly crash and quit. It has software bugs that when corrupt, require a full factory reset of the phone. The virtual keyboard sucks and does not work correctly when charging, the list goes on and on.

I bought a blackberry storm. Yay for me. My buddy has one and has been happy with it.

So a few weeks back, I check to see what my ETF was going to be if I told verizon to shove it, it was $175. Well when I decided to tell them to shove it today, they changed their policy recently and its now $300. So now im still stuck with verizon. I was going to get the blackberry data only package, which WAS $35 a mo, and use a diffrent carrier for voice and text, since straight talk has 1000 minutes and text for $30 a month. Hello new $65 a month cell bill, OOPS it looks like that dream is now gone. Verizon has gotten rid of the plan.

So it looks like verizon has me by the nuts until 2012. They are perhaps one of THE worst cell carriers out there, and all the reps I speak to basicly have an "oh well" attitude. Oh well If I had to reset my old phone once a week, oh well If It breaks,oh wll your paying $100 a month for stuff thats $40 a month with other carriers, your calls drop while driving?, lol, oh well!

Whats this? Verizon bought another tower, so we can send the $40 a month companies into a grave, and you will enjoy our crappy service for $100 a month, and since we are getting more customers every day, we will buy another call center and raise your bill to pay for it. We bought the iphone so we can kill att and charge you more to own an iphone, on our already crappy service.

May Verizon wireless, and all the people who run it, burn in hel.l.
    01-26-11 08:30 PM
    Sounds like you are having a pretty bad experience. Maybe the people here can help you out if you explain some things a little better.

First. When did you buy your Motorola Droid and did you get it new through Verizon? If you got it new through Verizon and less then a year ago they should warranty replace it for you. Any type of phone has some bad batches. Maybe you just got unlucky with it?

Second. Verizon changed their ETF policy a good while ago. All smartphones have a $350 ETF and have had it for a while. If you signed your contract before the change took effect then it wouldn't effect you I don't believe. Are you sure you weren't looking at the other type of devices (dumb phones/feature phones) ETF policy which is $175? I don't remember the exact date the changes took effect and I may be wrong on the amounts of the ETFs but I do know it wasn't recently.

And Third. Before you give up on your Motorola did you try getting help at one of the many Android forums? There are many people on those forums that make custom ROMs, themes, apps, and more. I am sure they could help you figure out why your device is doing what it is doing. I had a Motorola Droid and it never gave me any problems at all. I still use it over WIFI and load custom ROMS on it just for fun.

Anyway good luck with your problem. Maybe someone else can give you some advice that will help you.
    01-26-11 09:15 PM
    If you purchased your phone after 11/19/2009 the ETF was always 350, you mustn't have been paying attention. And the Droid came out 11/06/09 so since your contract is until 2012 you purchased it after the ETF changed, you didn't read what you signed and now your mad. Next time pay attention.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    rewd and fanjelz like this.
    01-26-11 11:12 PM
    If you purchased your phone after 11/19/2009 the ETF was always 350, you mustn't have been paying attention. And the Droid came out 11/06/09 so since your contract is until 2012 you purchased it after the ETF changed, you didn't read what you signed and now your mad. Next time pay attention.
    +1. If u get any help from a nice rep, that will make me extremely angry. All ppl who get out of things even tho they're in the wrong is bad news for the rest of us that know and follow our contracts.

01-26-11 11:58 PM
    I don't understand, the Storm is a Verizon phone. Can't he just activate that phone on Verizon & ditch the droid?

01-27-11 06:04 AM
    Wow! Great first post, kid.
    01-27-11 06:06 AM
    Verizon as a whole has a bad attitude, they think they are better than the other carriers when in reality they are very overpriced and their service is not that great. As for droid yes they push it like its so amazing. Another very overrated product. This is why I switched to Sprint. 50 bucks a month cheaper, same coverage, and so much nicer customer care/store reps.
    01-27-11 06:34 AM
    Verizon as a whole has a bad attitude, they think they are better than the other carriers when in reality they are very overpriced and their service is not that great. As for droid yes they push it like its so amazing. Another very overrated product. This is why I switched to Sprint. 50 bucks a month cheaper, same coverage, and so much nicer customer care/store reps.
    You may want to add the caveat: in your humble opinion. As a consumer you have to know your requirements, just as when you go into a car dealer, or else you will be getting sold a product that may not meet your needs.

On the other hand, I believe the 50 bucks a month cheaper for Sprint same coverage is if you are standing still and even then there are some caveats.

Otherwise, Verizon has more coverage.
    01-27-11 10:15 AM
    I am sorry you have had a bad experience, i have been on verizon for ever, and never a problem. Life is easy, people make it difficult. Take a deep breath.
    i7guy and fanjelz like this.
    01-27-11 12:05 PM
    Your ETF is less than the minimum monthly service for the rest of your contract, and you can sell the phone and pay the ETF with it. Cripes, some people are never happy unless they have something to complain about.
    02-01-11 02:52 PM
    Hi,

If he has an original droid with issues, get a warranty replacement if the ETF is still $300. You would have to be under a year.
    You will probably get a Droid 2.
    My wife just had her Storm replaced. No more originals, only the S2. Darn.

BTW - I have never had an issue with Verizon that could not be worked out with the right CSR or CR manager. I’ve only had a CSR manager interaction once and that was to call me an offer me an early upgrade after I complained on a feedback call.
    02-01-11 06:42 PM
    Yes call and talk to a manager. If you wanna save a bit why not use Google Voice?

02-01-11 08:54 PM
    Verizon has me by the nuts.
    Wow, we only had to sign a contract...
    02-01-11 09:20 PM
    I don't understand, the Storm is a Verizon phone. Can't he just activate that phone on Verizon & ditch the droid?

That's what I think he's doing, based on his saying he will be "stuck with" Verizon.

But, AFAIK, even if Verizon still HAD the "data only" package, I don't know how you could have a data only service on a phone, then have the talk and text package from another carrier activated on the SAME phone anyway.
    02-02-11 07:00 PM
    Yes call and talk to a manager. If you wanna save a bit why not use Google Voice?

Also I'm no fanboy. When Verizon first bought Alltel I wanted so bad to jump ship. But I recently did some work over the last two months for them (stripping/waxing cell tower stations in central KS) and I will tell you what, the level of network efficiency and redundancy is insane. I mean they have UPS and diesel generator backups at each site that can run probably for days.
    02-02-11 11:04 PM
    Was there a question in here, or is this just a rant?
    02-03-11 03:43 PM
    It was just a rant because someone didn't read what they signed and because they didn't return a phone that they hated within the 30 days.

02-03-11 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD