Hey guys, I was checking out a site at pinstack.com and was reading about this. Here is the link below. All this time I thought unlimited meant unlimited.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/64923-5gig_data_plans.html

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-10-08 02:19 AM
    Hey guys, I was checking out a site at pinstack.com and was reading about this. Here is the link below. All this time I thought unlimited meant unlimited.

5gig Data Plans - PinStack.com - BlackBerry forums

They did that back in late February. Apparently they had people (or so they claim) using their broadband cards and broadband modems to stream video and music as well as host websites and FTP sites.

I questioned it since when I'm on the road I use my air card as my ISP for sometimes upto a week at a time. And when I say USE I mean USe. I do all the normal surfing an business functions during the days as well as on line gaming in the evenings.

They CLAIM that under normal usage even someone that uses their broadband as their sole ISP won't go over the 5GB. And again, according to them, even with my extreme (IMO) usage if I had even approached 5GB I'd have been blocked and questioned.
    03-10-08 02:39 AM
    i used to have the verizon data card i got kicked off for using it too much. i have a sling box. and was using it probably 4hrs a day. well i didnt have to pay the cancellation fee.
    03-10-08 05:19 AM
    Okay
    I use my phone a lot!
    But my last statement from tmo reads approximately 100mbs of data. How do you possibly use 5gb???

03-10-08 06:10 AM
    Okay
    I use my phone a lot!
    But my last statement from tmo reads approximately 100mbs of data. How do you possibly use 5gb???

On a pc w/ an air card, it's not hard, on a phone you would be tethering.
    The 5 gig does not get you cut off, at some point over 5gig the throttle your bandwidth for the rest of the billing cycle.
    03-10-08 10:09 AM
    Just go to sprints aircard. Last I've herd unlimited is unlimited there. Tmo is cool too but too slow

03-10-08 11:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD