05-29-09 06:43 AM
41 12
tools
    i agree with both sides here. before you sign the contract read what it has outlined for you or if you upgrading ask to see the changes detailed on paper for u. when you're signing something that you have to pay for its the worst time to not be paying full attention lol.

however, as a good customer service practice, the CS rep should be going over this carefully and giving you want u want no matter how busy it is.

so VZW should credit the customer for i'd say up to 6 months. anything past that i would say the customer does have some resposibility of reading their bills in detail to make sure the charges are accurate.
    05-26-09 07:00 PM
    And I thought I could be a beast!! Get 'em killer!! lmao!!
    Lol, thanks.

I guess the point that should be taken away from this thread is that everyone should, each and every month, check over their bill throughly before paying it. It may be Verizons responsibility to get your bill right but its also your responsibility to read over it and make sure youre not paying more than you should be.
    05-26-09 07:01 PM
    Lol, thanks.

I guess the point that should be taken away from this thread is that everyone should, each and every month, check over their bill throughly before paying it. It may be Verizons responsibility to get your bill right but its also your responsibility to read over it and make sure youre not paying more than you should be.

c/s i review the charges, the discounts, minutes, msgs, everything just to make sure it falls withing my normal range and seems right
    05-26-09 07:04 PM
    i agree with both sides here. before you sign the contract read what it has outlined for you or if you upgrading ask to see the changes detailed on paper for u. when you're signing something that you have to pay for its the worst time to not be paying full attention lol.

however, as a good customer service practice, the CS rep should be going over this carefully and giving you want u want no matter how busy it is.

so VZW should credit the customer for i'd say up to 6 months. anything past that i would say the customer does have some resposibility of reading their bills in detail to make sure the charges are accurate.
    6 months seems rather excessive. i like the 3 month policy that they use now. its a reasonable amount of time, but the customer still gets quite a bit in return based on what the issue is. i personally negotiated based on the situation, there was no clear cut answer for all of the questions that came in.
    05-26-09 07:15 PM
    They did the same thing to me .... I didn't even know there were 2 different plans until I called to have my bill lowered & that's one of the features they changed. I paid it for almost a year too :0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 07:23 PM
    in my experince, about 85% of customers on VZW are uneducated to their options for plans at any given moment. i base this on my personal experience and employment for VZW for over 2 years...

the calls that i would get every so often about "is there any special deals or promotions available that would better benefit me" are generally ended with "if anything new came out, you would be notified with a bill insert, a separate flyer/letter, or an ad somewhere on our website. even on the television they advertise new promotions. just keep a look out."

but the problem is that for most everyone, it isn't a priority until they're broke or go over their minutes, etc...

if people took the initiative to check their bill every OTHER month or every 3 months, anything...take the time to do the research for themselves, then everyone involved would be better off.

if after doing research, you called me and asked for clarification on the options, i would gladly sit on the phone for an hour discussing the potential for improvement with you. but if you call and ask me to hold your hand and do it for you, good luck. i'll point you at every self serve option available. not because i am lazy, but there is something to the old addage,

"give a man a fish, feed him for a day.
    teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime."

i firmly believe that to be a benefit for everyone involved.

couldn't agree more!!!
    05-26-09 07:58 PM
    They did the same thing to me .... I didn't even know there were 2 different plans until I called to have my bill lowered & that's one of the features they changed. I paid it for almost a year too :0

Sorry this happened, but I bet if you use this excuse to a cop, it will all like a lead balloon. Dang I did not know the speed limit was 35 and I was doing 80. Oh yes I was only going one way officer.

once again, not a bad idea to review that thing called a bill once in while
    05-26-09 07:59 PM
    Ok here's a scenario..... FoMoCo sells you a Lincoln towncar, even though you only need a focus. You have no idea that the focus even exists. 5 months into owning this vehicle, you find out that the focus is available, which would save you money on your payment. You ask for it and FoMoCo agrees. You then say since I didn't know I should get a refund of the difference of what my payment would have been...... What do you think would happen? You wouldn't even ask cause you know its not their fault that you didn't do any research before your purchase.....

05-26-09 09:16 PM
    That's true also. Anything over idk let's say $50 and especially eletronics I always do my research before purchasing. I'm not into having the most popular thing out so I like to find the product that best fits me. And in some cases, when you go into a store the employee will try to "upsell" or sell you the product that they need to sell or that cost the most. I don't like to be told what's best for me so I do my research and narrow it down to one or 2 options tops. That way when I go into a store I know exactly what I came to buy, how much I will spend, and cannot be persuading into buying much else.

05-26-09 09:29 PM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon because my Curve had gone haywire and the young lady that helped me noticed that I was paying 44.00 for my Data Plan and I should have only been paying 29.00. I never thought the 44.00 charge was wrong because so many people on here claimed to be paying that much for the Verizon Data Plan. Apparently there are 2 different Data Plans and the 29.00 one is for personal use and the 44.00 one is if you are having your work e-mails pushed. You might want to check if you're paying the wrong amount. She just saved me 15.00 a month. Problem is I've been overcharged since the end of December and they won't retro it...
    The reason for not backdating is because the only difference between the two plans is that the $45 provisions you for corporate emailing, which requires an IT passcode to access company email. Most won't because it requires by Law that they get paid if email is checked outside of regular work time. It's the reps fault for not qualifying your email needs, but the reason Verizon cannot backdate the overcharge is that you may have used the corporate email but maybe aren't employed with that company or just learned you can no longer have access to email outside of work such as I experienced. That sounds harsh but it costs mrore to maintain a corporate email than a gmail or yahoo!. I know it sounds like Verizon.vs.You but it really isn't. Business costs money you know, just think of it as any typical business expedenture. It'd cost more to send an employee to a different state every day than to hire another employee to just work at that state's store or company wouldn't it? Same theory, different specifics. Hope that helps. Also there is not a way to see what email is being used on a phone over a period of time, in which case if it were proven that you never accessed a work email address then that'd be perfectly legit to credit you back. but since we cannot actually look into that (such as how many minutes you've used, or texts, etc) we wouldn't have factual proof that you didn't. But I'm glad you won't be paying that extra $15 a month, I've had to fix that myself for a few customers.
    05-26-09 09:37 PM
    You did look at the info and you approved it when the rep showed it to you

However i dont know why the rep wouldnt switch you to the $29.99 right after they activated the phone as they did with my whole family they told us at first it would be 44 then she would immediately switch
    05-26-09 09:59 PM
    And as far as I am reading it, he didn't even know that there was a 29.99 plan. He just assumed that data was 44.99! So how is that his fault when he looks at his receipt and sees 44.99???
    05-27-09 07:58 AM
    It also looks to me that the 29.99 web and email (unlimited)plan is now 35.99. I was looking at my bill and it seems to have increased... Looking into that now
    05-27-09 08:05 AM
    yea, I noticed that too! I'm about to check my bill as well!
    05-27-09 08:08 AM
    It totally sucks when you get screwed over like I did once with long Distance. When I was a Sprint customer, I was charged for long distance even though it wasn't long distance because I was in my Home area. Guess what, I was charged for it for many months. Guess what I did, I called Sprint. They told me since my plan didn't have long distance, even though it was the next town over, I would get charged because where the tower was or something like that. I told them "is the tower made out of gold". I was so heated. The representative felt my burden so they gladly refund me the money that they had charged me and they switch me to a plan that did include long distance to avoid any future concerns. I know this probably does not have anything to do with your question but I know how it feels to be screwed over. If a company wants your business, they will do anything they can do keep you. I'm now with T-Mobile and I am happy customer.
    05-28-09 10:33 PM
    I would call them back and talk to a manager if you have to. They can see that all this time you were on a BIS acct. They should refund you the $15 a month retroactively, IMO.
    they can... up to 90 days.. so 3mo worth. past that...
    05-29-09 06:43 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD