If i dont want to pay 10 for gps activity, I can still download google maps and use it free, right? assuming I get an unlimited data plan, right?

I'm so eager to get a curve, but if the thunder is going to have faster internet access I should wait for that, right?
    07-28-08 10:49 PM
    To your first question, yes. Google Maps will approximate your location by cell towers. Or you can buy a bluetooth GPS puck. To the second, that's up to you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-08 11:08 PM
    Google maps still lacks for driving directions though. No audible alerts, manually move it to the next turn. Lame.

I don't have a BlackBerry to save money on service. I have it to be more productive. Navigator is more productive than Google Maps for me so $10 is cheap.

07-28-08 11:12 PM
    Google maps still lacks for driving directions though. No audible alerts, manually move it to the next turn. Lame.

I don't have a BlackBerry to save money on service. I have it to be more productive. Navigator is more productive than Google Maps for me so $10 is cheap.

Hmmm. I have to admit, this is a very valid point. Most of us do pay extra for a data plan, why not shell out the extra ten bucks a month....

07-28-08 11:15 PM
    Hmmm. I have to admit, this is a very valid point. Most of us do pay extra for a data plan, why not shell out the extra ten bucks a month....

In my case, because it's an employer-provided phone, and my employer does not want to pay the extra charge. It's not an option for me to pay it.

07-28-08 11:17 PM
    In my case, because it's an employer-provided phone, and my employer does not want to pay the extra charge. It's not an option for me to pay it.

That is super lame jeff!!

07-28-08 11:18 PM
    Lame? How so?

07-28-08 11:20 PM
    Because I would think it would be at least an option for you to pay the extra $$ to have a feature you want on a device you have to use. Ya know?

07-28-08 11:22 PM
    If I could get it billed separately, I would. I pay $10/month for Pocket Express. But the Verizon bill is paid by corporate contracts. On well, I bought a Freedom Keychain 2000 so I just use it.

07-28-08 11:26 PM
    Ah. I gotcha. I was just sayin..

07-28-08 11:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD