I was at the Verizon store today and I was talking to one of their sales reps about the Curve 8330 and when I inquired about the unlimited data plan, the rep told me that it was $29.99, but it did not include an @blackberry.net email address that I could use to forward pop3 mail to. She said that if I wanted that option, I'd have to purchase the corporate package for $44.99/month. Is she seriously misinformed, trying to sell me snake oil, or has Verizon lost its mind?
    06-02-08 11:34 PM
    I was at the Verizon store today and I was talking to one of their sales reps about the Curve 8330 and when I inquired about the unlimited data plan, the rep told me that it was $29.99, but it did not include an @blackberry.net email address that I could use to forward pop3 mail to. She said that if I wanted that option, I'd have to purchase the corporate package for $44.99/month. Is she seriously misinformed, trying to sell me snake oil, or has Verizon lost its mind?

No this is simply a mis-informed rep who does not know what he is talking about...I have a 8830 WE and i have the 29.99 data plan and i have a vzw.blackberry.net email address this feature is standard with any blackberry with a data plan...
    Last edited by RealEstatePro; 06-02-08 at 11:46 PM.
    06-02-08 11:44 PM
    i have verizon service and when i upgraded to verizon i had to get the blackberry data package. which i believe was 125.00 and then i have a plan thats 79.99. the 125.00 was rebated because i signed on for another 2 years but but i pay the 79.99 and 44.99 a month which berings my bill to 125 before taxes.
    so she may have been misinformed.
    06-02-08 11:46 PM
    The $44.99 plan is only needed if you're connecting to your works e-mail server. The BIS plan is $29.99 per month and should be all you need for personal use. It still allows you to use up to 10 e-mail addresses on your Blackberry plus you get a @vzw.blackberry.net e-mail address.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 02:56 AM
    I am a rep at verizon..and sorry she told you VERY wrong.. the 29.99 will take up to 10 email accounts and included in those 10 you CAN set up a vzw.blackberry.net address.. the main thing you can do.. is as stated in post before.. corp. servers
    06-03-08 03:04 AM
    I love having VZW reps surfing the CB forums. Hopefully they can help sway VZW to unlock wifi and expanded Bluetooth

06-03-08 03:32 AM
    i love having VZW reps surfing the CB forums. Hopefully they can help sway VZW to unlock wifi and expanded Bluetooth

06-03-08 03:34 AM
    NEVER trust the store! They told me my pearl would be $290 and then when I got home and called Verizon, it was $50! They told me they could have given me the same deals in store but the most you pay and the bigger plan you get, the more thru make!

06-03-08 06:07 AM
    I love having VZW reps surfing the CB forums. Hopefully they can help sway VZW to unlock wifi and expanded Bluetooth

Verizon's 8xxx models dont have wifi..... it's not built into the phones if i remember correctly....
    06-03-08 07:57 PM
    i dont understand how you can sell a product you know nothing about. its a shame that a few bad reps can give a lot of customers a bad taste in their mouth about a carrier.
    06-03-08 08:04 PM
    i dont understand how you can sell a product you know nothing about. its a shame that a few bad reps can give a lot of customers a bad taste in their mouth about a carrier.
    Don't get me wrong, i love the coverage i get with them, but I drive semi's for a living in the northwest, and hands down they beat the other carriers out here (comparing with my co-workers with other services, notably Sprint and t-mobile) on the roads i travel, but i think it's a combination of overpricing, crippling, and misinformed reps that puts a bad taste in their customers mouths, not just one in particular.... For me i'm willing to spend a few more dollars for service, but the two later of the three are what bugs me... more so the crippling of gps as it could greatly benefit for my job, ie. finding places on google maps...
    06-03-08 08:24 PM
    i dont understand how you can sell a product you know nothing about.
    Why are you so surprised. Here's an example of an uninformed user who isn't even a VZW rep.
    i love having VZW reps surfing the CB forums. Hopefully they can help sway VZW to unlock wifi and expanded Bluetooth

Bad info is everywhere... For the last time people, CDMA Blackberry don't have WiFi on them.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!
    06-03-08 11:13 PM
    I am a rep at verizon..and sorry she told you VERY wrong.. the 29.99 will take up to 10 email accounts and included in those 10 you CAN set up a vzw.blackberry.net address.. the main thing you can't do.. is as stated in post before.. corp. servers
    Kreeper is actually "slightly" wrong on that as well. The correct statement should be that without the $44.99 BES plan you cannot connect to a company's BES server. Not all work places have BES servers in place, but give their users access to OWA email on their Exchange corporate email servers. A BIS plan can most certainly connect to such a server via the OWA conduits for email.

BES Plan=POP3, IMAP, OWA, BES
    BIS Plan=POP3, IMAP, OWA

That's the breakdown.
    06-03-08 11:18 PM
    I have a OWA at work and have my work email sent to my BB and I am on BIS

06-03-08 11:22 PM
    I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!!!
    It's all starting to make sense now...
    06-03-08 11:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD