Didn't know if anyone else had this happen. I had the lg env from verizon just got that phone just over a year ago. The other day I received a text from verizOn saying I was eligible for a free curve. I called the number and had the curve the next day. I guess they are doing it for people who have been with them for a while and text a lot. Either way I am glad I got this curve its the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-08 01:16 AM
    I had a very similar thing happen to me with the 87XX. They called me and told me that i was eligible to receive a free Blackberry. So after a 10 min phone conversation with them I was all excited. Two days later I received my new blackberry. However here is the catch that i encountered. By accepting the new phone I entered into a new 2 yr agreement with them, even though I didnt sign anything. It really didnt matter to me because i was planning on staying with VZW regardless. That might be something you want to check on just to see. Enjoy your new BB you will love it.
    09-03-08 01:26 AM
    Whenever a US carrier gives you a new device, they always extend your contract.
    09-03-08 01:29 AM
    Yeah I don't have a probem with 2 more years I have been with verizon forever. I started with primeco then verizon bought them.

09-03-08 01:33 AM
    verizon has been pushing the curves for existing customers to upgrade for a few months now
    09-03-08 07:16 AM
    I got the same kind of deal back in June, was eligible for early upgrade. Got 2 yr pricing and rebates back then which = about $70 or so, but it was still a good deal and dont know how I managed without a BB now that I have one. Maybe the bold will be out by the time I am eligible again next June with the VIP discount.
    09-03-08 11:12 AM
    I wish they would offer me this. I love my pearl, but would ug to a curve in a heartbeat. Contract isn't up 'til 9/09.

If the Verizon gods are listening, hit me up with a new curve, please.
    09-03-08 12:54 PM
    All in alk I paid $30 for mine. Albeit not free but close enough. VZW also gets a kickback for not selling the phone but getting a new 2 year commitment and over $300/year for their unlim data plan. Plus most of us pay more for texting plus added insurance plus in most if not all new upgrades they changed your phone plan to a nationwide which has some more limits than america's choice or other plans. They mnlake their money in commitments, cancellation charges, data plans, and especially texting and phone call plans.

09-04-08 12:48 AM
    I wish they would offer me this. I love my pearl, but would ug to a curve in a heartbeat. Contract isn't up 'til 9/09.
    1 year into a 2-year contract, VZW will sell you any of their phones for the "subsidized" price. The catch is that your New Every Two gets reset and you have to re-sign for another 2 years, but at least you don't pay full retail.

Note that it's almost impossible to do this on their web site. Best bet is to find one of their corporate retail stores and head straight for a manager. Or at least someone over 30.
    09-04-08 02:28 AM
    I got my Curve for free when I visited the local "Big" Verizon store. Long story short I laid my bike down and cracked the creen on my i760. We get great pricing on hardware because my wife works for BlueCross and they said I could get a Curve for free if I renewed my contract. I get the BIS package for only $15 a month too which made me decide to switch. I have nothing but good things to say about Verizon, even if you do pay a little more compared to the other majow CDMA carrier.
    09-04-08 10:02 AM
    I too upgraded to a Curve. Within 8 days of my purchase, they dropped the price $50 to $99. I called them up and they gave me a $50 credit on my bill.

No complaints...except that I now want a Bold!
    09-04-08 02:55 PM
    I went five months past my new every two and verizon started sending me emails for a free pearl or a $50 curve. I went with the pearl. Can't resist free!

09-04-08 10:00 PM
    thats sweet. i know the dropped the price of all their Blackberries, but free upgrade to Curves? Thats awesome. I guess they are pushing out their inventory... could only mean one of 2 things. New Model coming out and need room (ie thunder,bold, 9XXX) or they want to have more 8330's out on the street then any other carrier.

Congrats on all of you that got the upgrade!
    09-05-08 01:02 PM
    My wife received a call from our local VZW store a month asking if we were aware we would be having a $20 data charge on our next bill (we both had ENVs with WirelessSync email.. don't waste your money). She said 'No, that's no good.. and by the way, these phones are horrible.' He offered to Refund the ENVs (they were about 5 months old, well used) and give us 2 Curves at new contract prices. We of course took them up on that offer, and with the refund plus $50 each rebate on the Curves, we ended up being Paid By Verizon to upgrade to awesome phones! I am a true believer in VZW customer service now.
    09-06-08 12:27 PM
    I really like Verizon's customer service as well. They have been good to me...
    09-06-08 12:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD