08-03-09 08:10 PM
65 123
tools
    i generally don't like people advertising that they're VZW employees...the few that are on here AND capable of forming coherent thoughts are at risk of losing their jobs...then again i've learned quite a bit since i quit so maybe it's for the better?
    07-29-09 07:55 PM
    Yeah Im not throwin around my rep id or any of that fun loving stuff like I've seen other reps get walked. And im just having fun they recently took some external access from us but at least I have this
    07-30-09 08:32 AM
    Anyone happen to read any of these articles they all say that they are going to cut jobs on the wireline side

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 08:40 AM
    Anyone happen to read any of these articles they all say that they are going to cut jobs on the wireline side

I didn't even read it but I'm lookin around and we hired 300 ppl within the last month... SO i think we might be ok
    07-30-09 08:48 AM
    So maybe you should read next time and post responsibly?

07-30-09 08:54 AM
    So maybe you should read next time and post responsibly?

Uh... Did I ever say that it wasn't wireless? I think ppl in the other thread said it was VZcomm but it doesnt in this thread? And just because I say that my callcenter is hiring the **** out of people makes me think we aren't layin off here. But that doesn't mean I'm not posting responsibly.
    07-30-09 09:19 AM

No need to read any of those... I get emails from higher ups that let me know where VZW stands. I don't care what happens to VZ Com bc that doesn't affect me directly.
    07-30-09 09:31 AM
    Uh... Did I ever say that it wasn't wireless? I think ppl in the other thread said it was VZcomm but it doesnt in this thread? And just because I say that my callcenter is hiring the **** out of people makes me think we aren't layin off here. But that doesn't mean I'm not posting responsibly.
    When you say verizon around people assume it is wireless and that would be the only reason to post it here. We don't see people post about GM layoffs. I am saying that you should post that it is VZ communications because they are 2 different companies and it is not responsible to intentionally misrepresent which company is laying people off especially when you supposedly work for one of the companies.

07-30-09 09:43 AM
    Also to another point look at the title of your thread. Verizon Wireless is getting the Pre and Verizon Communications is getting rid of 8000 employees. How are people not to assume that you mean wireless?

07-30-09 09:54 AM
    Who are you talking to I didn't post this sh*t
    07-30-09 10:00 AM
    And that would be my bad sorry man looked at the wrong part of the post so all that is intended for the OP and I will be reading from now on and posting responsibly

07-30-09 10:14 AM
    And that would be my bad sorry man looked at the wrong part of the post so all that is intended for the OP and I will be reading from now on and posting responsibly

Alrighty sounds good to me.
    07-30-09 10:18 AM
    Yeah Im not throwin around my rep id or any of that fun loving stuff like I've seen other reps get walked. And im just having fun they recently took some external access from us but at least I have this
    Dude, are you posting from work? You should really check the forums from your phone man. Opera Mini FTW. Not that they will trip about it, but still. I've gleaned some info from the forums every now and then but just to hang out and chat? Tsk Tsk.

Be careful.
    07-31-09 02:24 AM
    Dude, are you posting from work? You should really check the forums from your phone man. Opera Mini FTW. Not that they will trip about it, but still. I've gleaned some info from the forums every now and then but just to hang out and chat? Tsk Tsk.

Be careful.
    They flip about our phones being out. And believe me I'm not like halfassing my job, it doesn't take a genius to setup email on a BB. I'm likin opera mini however I agree with you there.
    07-31-09 07:33 AM
    They flip about our phones being out. And believe me I'm not like halfassing my job, it doesn't take a genius to setup email on a BB. I'm likin opera mini however I agree with you there.
    Ahh okay. Well, I worked for the State of CA for awhile and one day when I was surfing the net on my lunch, the IT dept remotely took over my PC just to mess with me. They then told my super that I was surfing the net during "work hours" (lunch break) and I got reprimanded. It was pretty lame. They were like, "you've used so and so bandwidth and here are the sites you visited". It was a bunch of CNN and phonescoop and such. Nothing even warranting making a big deal about. Ok, just wanted to give you a heads up.

About the phone being out, Are you tech support? If they ask, just say it's related to the call haha. Just kidding. Then I suppose you couldn't pay attention to the person on the other end or their account.
    07-31-09 09:10 AM
    Ahh okay. Well, I worked for the State of CA for awhile and one day when I was surfing the net on my lunch, the IT dept remotely took over my PC just to mess with me. They then told my super that I was surfing the net during "work hours" (lunch break) and I got reprimanded. It was pretty lame. They were like, "you've used so and so bandwidth and here are the sites you visited". It was a bunch of CNN and phonescoop and such. Nothing even warranting making a big deal about. Ok, just wanted to give you a heads up.

About the phone being out, Are you tech support? If they ask, just say it's related to the call haha. Just kidding. Then I suppose you couldn't pay attention to the person on the other end or their account.
    Yeah the recently pulled a bunch of our access to other sites but we use crackberry all the time so its allowed. I txt at work and I give them that excuse when they tell me to put it away. I'm tech supoprt but we have emulators though of every phone we offer(for the most part) that we can use on the pc...
    07-31-09 09:19 AM
    Yeah the recently pulled a bunch of our access to other sites but we use crackberry all the time so its allowed. I txt at work and I give them that excuse when they tell me to put it away. I'm tech supoprt but we have emulators though of every phone we offer(for the most part) that we can use on the pc...
    Thisis true, but sometime the emulators do not go as deep as I would like to go. We also have equipment lockers that have actual devices we an use. is a pain though, have to place a customer on hold, walk across the center, which is huge to get the EQ. I rarelt have to this as I am quite familier with most equipment.
    07-31-09 09:29 AM
    I played with a Pre yesterday and when you slide the screen up to access the keyboard, the edges will just about cut you they are very sharp. And it feels verrrry cheaply made b/c of this. Cheap thin sharp plastic. never had a phone that could cut me before.lol
    07-31-09 09:43 AM
    Haven't you heard of a razor?
    07-31-09 10:26 AM
    Yeah, I shave with one. Best phone ever. Shave and call in sick to work. All with one device.

07-31-09 10:44 AM
    Yeah, I shave with one. Best phone ever. Shave and call in sick to work. All with one device.

And then it freezes like **** when you try to delete your 2 txt messages! It does it all, who needs a BB?
    07-31-09 11:32 AM
    i generally don't like people advertising that they're VZW employees...the few that are on here AND capable of forming coherent thoughts are at risk of losing their jobs...then again i've learned quite a bit since i quit so maybe it's for the better?
    I'm not sure how we're risking our jobs as long as we do not post confidential information?
    07-31-09 01:38 PM
    I'm not sure how we're risking our jobs as long as we do not post confidential information?
    Word. A guy came on here and stated his rep id and was walked 10 minutes later. And its not like we are putting corporate numbers or anything up here. Just our 2 pennies
    07-31-09 01:45 PM
    The only company who fires people for posting on forums is Sprint.
    07-31-09 03:05 PM
    The only company who fires people for posting on forums is Sprint.
    The guy said some choice stuff it was a long time ago and the guy was doing basically what you said not to. Posted confidential info, and the situation(as i recall) was someone badmouthing verizon and he said I'm(insert name here) my rep id is(666) and you are a... and the guy went off. So he just branded his post with a vzw badge.
    07-31-09 03:16 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD