08-03-09 08:10 PM
65 123
tools
    07-27-09 01:39 PM
    Well my center is hiring mass amount of people.. I don't know about the layoff part.
    07-27-09 01:52 PM
    Well my center is hiring mass amount of people.. I don't know about the layoff part.
    Same here we've put on a ton of weight recently...
    07-27-09 01:53 PM
    There goes that BG BS again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 02:02 PM
    Actually, before you go dumping on the BGR, simple research has the story.

FOX Business

Verizon 2Q profit falls, tops view, plans job cuts | Top AP Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Last edited by BergerKing; 07-27-09 at 02:15 PM.
    07-27-09 02:06 PM
    Thanks for the article.

There was a link in the comments section of this article to another article which contained this quote,

"Verizon, which has more than 235,000 employees, said today that it will pare the workforce in its declining wireline business, slashing expenses as the economic slump lengthens."

Verizon Profit Drops; Carrier Plans 8,000 Job Cuts (Update1) - Bloomberg.com
    07-27-09 02:08 PM
    Hear hear... r u in Boise???
    We are hiring massive amounts of newb's

I think my job is secure...
    07-27-09 02:09 PM
    So I did a search. Newswires say apx 80 former Alltel employees being laid off nationwide. 40 in Arkansas make up half of the layoffs. This news is about a month old.. About page three of a Bing search brings up the BG garbage. What was the old saying again? If any part of a statement is false, the whole statement is false? I think that applies to BG.

07-27-09 02:18 PM
    I think people mistake Verizon Comm for Verizon Wireless. Verizon Comm has 200K+ employees Verizon Wireless only has 70,000.
    07-27-09 02:27 PM
    Ya I'm not buying it. Its just like reading a celebrity magazine. My center is hiring out the *** also because everyday the company grows and grows with the sale of data products especially
    07-27-09 02:27 PM
    Hear hear... r u in Boise???
    We are hiring massive amounts of newb's

I think my job is secure...
    Nope, not in Boise..
    07-27-09 02:28 PM
    aye aye my job is secure.
    07-27-09 02:29 PM
    Actually, before you go dumping on the BGR, simple research has the story.

FOX Business

Verizon 2Q profit falls, tops view, plans job cuts | Top AP Stories | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Okay, but as mentioned elsewhere recently, this is VZ Communications and not Verizon Wireless. They just sold a bunch of exchanges to Frontier who is taking applications with preference going to VZ employees willing to relocate. Fox mentioned Verizon Wireless as a point of reference Wireless is not laying off anyone.

07-27-09 02:30 PM
    Those VZComm employees can come apply with Wireless.. We're a better company anyways
    07-27-09 02:33 PM
    *snickers*

*fist bump*... too right!
    07-27-09 02:35 PM
    i'm excited for the pre!!
    not too sure on the whole lay off part though as most of you already stated...
    =)
    07-27-09 02:35 PM
    i'm excited for the pre!!
    not too sure on the whole lay off part though as most of you already stated...
    =)
    Layoffs are never good for employees, but they are the nature of business. Even good businesses have to layoff from time to time. Anyone want to look at the number of people employed by att today? Compare that with how many they employed 15 years ago. Then go back to 1987. Big ouch. Were talking over a couple hundred thousand jobs lost.

BOS, the crap BG article went from talking about Q2 reports, then wireless phone releases, plus customer gains and then rolled right into the latoffs. They never made any mention that verizon communications and verizon wireless are two different companies. It might be different if they said here's the verizon wireless Q2 reports and they announced layoffs of 8000. Over at subsidiary verizon wireless, rumors of a Palm Pre are again surfacing, gains of 1.1 million customers was reported and job growth is forecast nationwide. but they didn't. The way they reported it if you can call that reporting is to leave readers thinking verizon wireless is cutting jobs. It isn't a stretch to see some people read that and think, "Those SOBs already charge me a lot, they gained 1.1 million and they are still laying off 8000? Screw them. I am going to another company!"

BG isn't worth anything. What they write is made up and careless.

07-27-09 06:12 PM
    Yup vz communication not wireless which has been said countless times in this thread.
    The local news actually filmed outside of a verizon wireless corp. Location today when announcing the layoffs, needless to say that news station got a bit of grief from the corp location. People just don't pay attention and jump for a gain in publicity.

07-27-09 06:20 PM
    If you read some the articles - it appears if jobs are lost, they are comming VZ Com not VZW. This may include employees as well contractors
    07-27-09 07:04 PM
    yeah here we are adding a bunch of newbies.... some good, some i am really questioning how bad the job market really is.... how can a wireless company hire a new sales rep that doesn't know how to use the mouse pad on a laptop? (really with i was exaggerating)
    07-27-09 07:07 PM
    yeah here we are adding a bunch of newbies.... some good, some i am really questioning how bad the job market really is.... how can a wireless company hire a new sales rep that doesn't know how to use the mouse pad on a laptop? (really with i was exaggerating)
    True makes me think... Did I walk in like that? Doubt it. Anyone else at a callcenter that is now VZW and alltell?
    07-28-09 08:17 AM
    True makes me think... Did I walk in like that? Doubt it. Anyone else at a callcenter that is now VZW and alltell?

Well you sure know how to post on crackberry...
    07-28-09 03:35 PM
    Well you sure know how to post on crackberry...
    Wow, I love you following around like my own loser/moderator making me feel special all day
    07-29-09 08:00 AM
    Wow, I love you following around like my own loser/moderator making me feel special all day
    What I can't figure is that you claim to work for verizon, yet state things that no verizon person would ever say. Many of the things you say are out and out lies and fabrications. Others are just guesses, with many of those guesses so wrong they are laughable . How many more times will you tell someone to uninstall/reinstall instead of giving them educated information? There are your pointers on how to put things over on verizon. Then I look at your handle. Blue is the color of att and bold is a phone on att. Sorry, but I am in smachart's corner here. It helps he is usually very perceptive and knows his stuff as I think he has shown here.

07-29-09 12:31 PM
    What I can't figure is that you claim to work for verizon, yet state things that no verizon person would ever say. Many of the things you say are out and out lies and fabrications. Others are just guesses, with many of those guesses so wrong they are laughable . How many more times will you tell someone to uninstall/reinstall instead of giving them educated information? There are your pointers on how to put things over on verizon. Then I look at your handle. Blue is the color of att and bold is a phone on att. Sorry, but I am in smachart's corner here. It helps he is usually very perceptive and knows his stuff as I think he has shown here.

Ha my handle comes from a song called blue and gold from a band called the ghost inside(check them out). There is not gold bb so i liked the sound of blue and bold. Anyway we use programs like acss and infomanager. I don't know what proof you want? I might work for them but I'm not on here saying that this is exactly what I would tell ppl to do when they call in. I can't push things through the switch for people on here... so... Who cares if I don't brand all my posts with IM A VZW REP, I'm on here passing time.
    07-29-09 12:47 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD