06-12-08 02:26 AM
32 12
tools
    Although their are certain people in the forum who seem so opposed to people "whining" which perplexes me since this is a "forum" in which us BB addicts come to "share" tips, ideas, get help, and yes even rant or praise whatever it might be..oh...my point......gone are the days when you bought a Model T you can have it any color as long as its black! The more consumers "complain" about the services and products we "spend" our hard earned money on the more companies will do to appease are demands...You say you dont like it go somewhere else? Sure but the companies dont see it that way. They WANT you to stay and spend your money on them.."So what can we do to keep YOU($$$) a valued customer?" Hmm keep them "complaints" coming!
    06-09-08 09:42 PM
    I understand you can use a Bluetooth GPS puck with the Curve. I know we should not be forced to and agree that it sucks that VZW locks out GPS. Right now I can return my Curve, but I am still under contract.

What bluetooth features did VZW lock out?

What else is locked out besides GPS?
    06-09-08 09:46 PM
    FYI...

(What is that strange wording in their reply about "unconfirmed information"? I didn't ask for any "unconfirmed information")

My email to Verizon:
    Hello, I just purchased a Blackberry 8330 on your network. I had been following the development of this phone for a long time, and was very happy to see Verizon was going to offer it. One of the main reasons I decided on this phone is because it has built in GPS. Once I got this phone however, I learned that the GPS has been disabled by Verizon unless I purchase the VZ Navigator service. I have added the service to try it. It is a very nice program and works, but it really isn't what I need or want. Even after paying for the service, Blackberry Maps and Google Maps still can't recognize the GPS. This is very disappointing.

Their email to me:
    Thank you for contacting our Verizon Wireless website. We apologize for any confusion regarding the GPS capabilities of our Blackberry devices. We are eager to clarify this information. Verizon Wireless is committed to providing the very latest in products and services. Verizon Wireless does not provide support for the BlackBerry Maps application or 3rd party software that would be required to make full use of the 8330's GPS capabilities. As a result, the 8330's GPS functionality has not been enabled so that we are able to provide a standardized level of functionality and support for our advanced devices. We are unable to state if or when additional GPS functionality will be enabled on the Verizon Wireless 8330. We understand and apologize for any frustration regarding this but we are only able to provide information regarding products or services that we are currently offering. We are unable to disclose any unconfirmed information because it would be subject to change and could raise expectations that may not be met. If you would like to receive e-mail updates regarding new products and services, please click on Sign up for email updates from the Support tab located at the top of our verizonwireless homepage. If you have further questions or concerns...
    06-10-08 06:13 PM
    They were anticipating your next question of "when will it be unlocked?"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-08 07:48 PM
    I have the 8830 with Verizon and I can connect the bluetooth in my car with the BB and the address book transfers as well. No problems.

I spoke with Verizon support and asked them about the NAV and they told me that I can buy it and deactivate it at any time and the monthly fee of $10 will be prorated. So if I am going to a new city and want to activate it for a few days or a week it would be just a portion of the monthly fee. I don't know if this is actually true since I have not tried this but if it is then it isn't so bad in that you can activate when you know you will need it.
    06-10-08 08:09 PM
    I was just a my verizon store yesterday for 3 hours, time from my life I will never get back, any way I have all the problems that is being discussed. I talked to 3 supervisors, the data manager and the verizon tech on staff...

First off they told me that the only way gps will work, as stated above, is to use their VZ Naz, which by the way is just point to point gps or tower gps not sat gps. So if you have a route planed and you run out of cell service you can still see where you have to go but with no speed or if you need to change your route or get into a detour and need to change directions you cannot.

Now for the bluetooth, i can connect to my oakley razier wires, not to my car, or my computer to do file transfers or any other computer i have tried it on. When i asked the tech about this they told me it must be a Blackberry problem because Verizon did not make the phone, even though they go in and block and change everything they want to, but they cannot tell me what they blocked and what they didn't?

When and where can i find a crack to unlock this verizon garbage?

Or do I have any other options besides frustration?
    06-11-08 12:53 PM
    ...VZ Naz, which by the way is just point to point gps or tower gps not sat gps.
    No, it's real GPS. It won't do any navigation without seeing at least 2 satellites.

computer to do file transfers or any other computer i have tried it on. When i asked the tech about this they told me it must be a Blackberry problem because Verizon did not make the phone, even though they go in and block and change everything they want to, but they cannot tell me what they blocked and what they didn't?
    The Curve's quick start manual specifically states that Verizon doesn't support Bluetooth OBEX profiles (OBEX=Object Exchange, ie file/data transfers). So no-go on file transfers over Bluetooth, but you can read and write to the memory card via USB.
    06-12-08 02:26 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD