06-12-08 02:26 AM
32 12
tools
    i called Verizon to show them my dissatisfaction in there advertising and service concerning blackberry. The first "tech" i talked to had no answers and i had to say can you hear me now every time i asked a question because he did not answer. when i asked for a supervisor i got a nice lady who wanted to "make it right" and after telling her i would be spending the next 2 weeks "exploring my options" she asked what i meant so i told her GPS works on ATT she gave me 6 months of credit for VZ navigator. It is not what i waned but i was not expecting anything since " the Verizon curve 8330 is not programed to work like that" so maybe if everyone on here calls and says they want this service maybe they will reconsider since we are stopping them from making 60 more dollars.
    06-06-08 09:34 AM
    GOOD FOR YOU! im happy you got somthing out of em... I truthfully dont need the navigator urgently as I have factory installed realtime navigation in my work vehicle but when im exploring large cities like NY, Chicago, LA etc where I am not in my car it would be a great feature to have so for that reason it upsets me that they cripple the GPS capabilits the phone has just to make a quick buck... i agree i encourage eveyone who has an extra min they can spare to call and complain about this maybe if we create and overwhelming flood of calls in regards to the same issue then maybe they will looked into unlocking it... (atleast i would hope)
    Last edited by RealEstatePro; 06-09-08 at 09:20 AM.
    06-06-08 09:51 AM
    Must be nice to have$$$$ "gps in all vehicles"
    I think i will call an complain just knowing this about VZW made me angry
    06-06-08 11:05 AM
    GOOD FOR YOU! im happy you got somthing out of em... I truthfully dont need the navigator urgently as I have factory installed realtime navigation in my vehicles but when im exploring large cities like NY, Chicago, LA etc where I am not in my car it would be a great feature to have so for that reason it upsets me that they cripple the GPS capabilits the phone has just to make a quick buck... i agree i encourage eveyone who has an extra min they can spare to call and complain about this maybe if we create and overwhelming flood of calls in regards to the same issue then maybe they will looked into unlocking it... (atleast i would hope)
    Hey, next time you are up in the Chicagoland area, let me know. I hope it isn't for business because the housing market here S-U-C-K-S!!!!

PIN:319DC856
    06-07-08 10:27 AM
    That's what happens when corporations get too large! I've read so many posts about customer dissatisfaction and how they force you into a data plan and then charge for BES service when you only need (for some) BIS. I payed 45 a month for three months before I figured that out.

Everybody! Call your carriers and make some noise!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-08 10:41 AM
    It would ne nice if "We th4e people" could actually voice are opinions and get what we want. In the world of big business, the bottom line is the all mighty dollar. Sure there are some things that get changes when we speak up but not all. In the end we pay to have these top of the line gadgets and thats exactly what they see. No matter what they do to thier phones, we still buy them because we gotta have them.
    06-07-08 11:30 AM
    Very good point. Us techno geeks will always gobble this stuff out. We have to have the latest and greatest tech because we pine for new features and when they are released we run out and get it.

06-07-08 11:35 AM
    Thats a great deal. Can you use VZ Nav per use? On my old EnV i could do a 24 hr period for 2.99. I loved this feature because i could use it as i needed it once and a while and not pay for it monthly. I have been afraid to download in case it just adds it monthly to the bill...

Anyone have any ideas?
    06-07-08 05:41 PM
    NAV on Blackberry only is monthly not per use.
    06-07-08 05:56 PM
    i used to use it per use under get it now for 2.99 per 24 hour period so i know it is available. I used it more than 15 times that way since it has come out.
    06-07-08 06:23 PM
    Yes, nav is only monthly on advanced devices.

06-07-08 06:45 PM
    Yes, nav is only monthly on advanced devices.

OK TY thats the answer i was looking for i knew i was not crazy. LOL
    06-07-08 07:03 PM
    well I think we should write a complaint letter from all of to Verizon. Maybe if they got a letter or email with a ton of sigs. They would look at things differently, about us Blackberry users.
    06-08-08 12:40 AM
    well I think we should write a complaint letter from all of to Verizon. Maybe if they got a letter or email with a ton of sigs. They would look at things differently, about us Blackberry users.
    There is a link to a petition in my signature -
    06-09-08 09:09 AM
    Well if we win the GPS war, we will have to get blue tooth from them next.
    I would love to be able to use my blue tooth to its fullest.
    06-09-08 09:34 AM
    Well if we win the GPS war, we will have to get blue tooth from them next.
    I would love to be able to use my blue tooth to its fullest.
    What doesn't the bluetooth do that you want?
    06-09-08 09:35 AM
    What doesn't the bluetooth do that you want?

From my understanding (and please someone correct me if i am wrong) VZW phones do not have fully open bluetooth meaning that you can only use it with like head sets and so forth but you cant use it to transfer information to other bluetooth capable devices like if u wanted to transfer your BB phonebook to lets say a Bluetooth enabled vehicle the phone will not allow you to transfer that information...it will give you an error saying the phone is not capable of this function or so forth... however it will let you sync in order to talk hands free but thats about it...

FYI... i may be wrong but thats what i was told from several other VZW customers (BB addicts) i have spoken to in the past...
    06-09-08 09:53 AM
    Hey,

That's not true. Me wife and I both share stuff through bluetooth and I have uploaded my phonebook from by device to my 08 Accord so I haven't had those issues. Whoever you are talking to isn't doing something right.
    06-09-08 01:28 PM
    i sent some music from mine to my bud's WinMo phone today... I was surprised that it worked, though.
    06-09-08 05:12 PM
    Hey, next time you are up in the Chicagoland area, let me know. I hope it isn't for business because the housing market here S-U-C-K-S!!!!

PIN:319DC856
    I Def will... ya i know the market is horrible everywhere ... you think its bad up there lol FL is the 2nd state in Foreclosures right now in the US ... were trailing right behind Vegas....
    06-09-08 06:37 PM
    Hey,

That's not true. Me wife and I both share stuff through bluetooth and I have uploaded my phonebook from by device to my 08 Accord so I haven't had those issues. Whoever you are talking to isn't doing something right.
    Really thats good to know cause i have a friend with an 8830 and he paired his phone with the bluetooth in his acura TL and that worked fine but when he tried transfering the adress book it saig the device was not capable of doing it... wierd cause acura is honda...
    06-09-08 06:41 PM
    As for the VZ Nav, it was explained to me that its included in the $29/month service for the BlackBerry already.
    06-09-08 07:06 PM
    As for the VZ Nav, it was explained to me that its included in the $29/month service for the BlackBerry already.
    Unfortunately it is not to the best of my knowledge. I believe they will give you a month free but after that it's $10 a month.
    06-09-08 07:44 PM
    We should'nt have to pay for that anyways we should just be able to use the F****** GPS capabilities that some BB models have... for those that have regular phones that dont have GPS capabilities then fine i can see it be an additional service but honestly its BULL****
    06-09-08 07:47 PM
    Unfortunately it is not to the best of my knowledge. I believe they will give you a month free but after that it's $10 a month.
    Well if thats the case I will cancel then I will have to wait and see if they charge me. I spoke to about 3 or 4 people, and saw their plans in their binder, that showed VZ Nav included in the list with email, web, etc.

Btw, nice avatar Kinetic, but go Rays
    06-09-08 08:34 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD