10-05-09 11:44 AM
54 123
tools
    Hey all,

So, just want to let people know that you can get free trackballs replaced in most Verizon stores. I'm sure you know that already, but one more thing I need to ask. Are the trackballs they give us in in the store OEM?

Thanks!
    08-21-09 10:47 AM
    Thanks for the info and yes it has posted in other forums.
    08-21-09 10:51 AM
    Thanks! Gonna go out and get one later!
    08-21-09 11:00 AM
    Yes it is an OEM replacement. Fits like a dream!
    08-21-09 11:04 AM
    I've been having some problems with their trackballs, some of them fit fine, then they slip a little...I get another one and it's too far in, lol (I have bad luck with trackballs)...I will try again today!!
    08-21-09 11:09 AM
    How about for Tour -- and Sprint, but guess Verizon fellas/ladies wouldn't know lol.

WCM
    08-21-09 11:18 AM
    I'm pretty sure they do provide replacement trackballs for the Tour in the store, but the issues with the Tour's trackball isn't physical, it is a software problem...RIM is working on a fix from what I hear.
    08-21-09 11:20 AM
    We do not have replacement trackballs for the tour at this time. Only Curve, Pearl and world edition.

And yes, they are OEM.
    08-21-09 11:28 AM
    How about for Tour -- and Sprint, but guess Verizon fellas/ladies wouldn't know lol.

WCM
    No, they wouldn't.
    08-21-09 11:29 AM
    We do not have replacement trackballs for the tour at this time. Only Curve, Pearl and world edition.

And yes, they are OEM.
    Ok, thanks! Hopefully they will give me the right one this time lol
    08-21-09 11:30 AM
    I'm pretty sure they do provide replacement trackballs for the Tour in the store, but the issues with the Tour's trackball isn't physical, it is a software problem...RIM is working on a fix from what I hear.
    You are in part correct, there is physical and softaware issue. The software portion can be reduced by changing the sensitivity to 70/70. The hardware portion at this time is being replaced by VZW.

The reason for this is that on the tour, the device has to fully be taken a part. which will void the warr. On the WE, Curve, and Pearl they are designed to have the ring removed and they come right out.
    08-21-09 11:46 AM
    Ahh, gotcha. Have you ever noticed what I mean about the trackballs being different depending on which one you get for the Curve? Some are good and some are bad lol...
    08-21-09 11:50 AM
    And incase anybody from Verizon thinks I was making fun of them, that is far from the case.

I was just asking if Sprint was doing this, as well--being this i sa problem for Tours.
    08-21-09 01:52 PM
    Blue and bold, he wasn't trolling. He asked a question and you flamed him for it, pure and simple.

Unless this is some hate spilling over between you two from another thread that I haven't come across, you overreacted a bit there, sport.
    08-21-09 03:21 PM
    Blue and bold, he wasn't trolling. He asked a question and you flamed him for it, pure and simple.

Unless this is some hate spilling over between you two from another thread that I haven't come across, you overreacted a bit there, sport.
    Ah tis my bad got done flaming someone else and I had the flame lit when I read this. My bad Sorry to the guy I flamed... but srsly check Sprint Threads or the amazing search button
    08-21-09 03:23 PM
    Ah tis my bad got done flaming someone else and I had the flame lit when I read this. My bad Sorry to the guy I flamed... but srsly check Sprint Threads or the amazing search button
    I do that too, except for me when I have a bad day at work I tend to bring it home with me. Needless to say my girlfriend (diplomatically of course) tells me where I can stick my cloudy demeanor...
    08-21-09 03:36 PM
    Hey all,

So, just want to let people know that you can get free trackballs replaced in most Verizon stores. I'm sure you know that already, but one more thing I need to ask. Are the trackballs they give us in in the store OEM?

Thanks!
    WOW! Thanks for letting us know that... I usually have people go online and get replacements and if they whine then I'll replace the whole thing; usually thats what they want even though its soooo easy just to replace the trackball.
    WOOT for the verizon stores!!!!
    08-22-09 09:47 AM
    My trackball kept falling out so I took it into Verizon and the tech guy "fixed" it but I ended up having to go back and they gave me an entire trackball assembly replacement and it has been perfect ever since. I love Verizon.
    08-22-09 11:52 AM
    yeah... I broke my silver ring tabs because I got in the habit of popping it out when I was bored. I'm lucky I didnt lose the whole assembly. I ordered a new one online and giggity good as new!
    08-22-09 11:58 AM
    Dam !! Which I knew the trackballs were free I ordered a spare about month and a half ago now .Maybe I outta swing by there and pick me another one up ,unless they don't give them out without installing them .LOL Like for emergency spare trackball even tho then I would have 2 spare trackballs .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by DavidNC; 08-23-09 at 12:40 PM.
    08-23-09 12:03 PM
    Dam !! Which I knew the trackballs were free

TRACKBALLS ARE NOT STOCKED AND GIVEN OUT FOR FREE, PERIOD.

If you have been given a trackball, it's been one out of a model that has been returned or an extra laying around in the tech area.
    08-23-09 07:30 PM
    TRACKBALLS ARE NOT STOCKED AND GIVEN OUT FOR FREE, PERIOD.

If you have been given a trackball, it's been one out of a model that has been returned or an extra laying around in the tech area.
    Stores were shipped trackballs back in june. So certain stores do have replacements. Have to be done in store by a tech though.

08-23-09 07:44 PM
    Wow, The Big Red giving something away for free; I think I'd pick one up even if my phone didn't have a trackball just on GP since it's VZ!
    08-23-09 07:53 PM
    Wow, The Big Red giving something away for free; I think I'd pick one up even if my phone didn't have a trackball just on GP since it's VZ!
    Lol well better for them actually! Otherwise they would be replacing the whole device. Call center reps are still supposed to replace with clnr though.

08-23-09 07:58 PM
    Lol well better for them actually! Otherwise they would be replacing the whole device. Call center reps are still supposed to replace with clnr though.

However, when you mention the OPTION to get a replacement trackball for around $15 with shipping; its generally appealing. Its not the only option I give; just a suggestion.
    I generally pose it like this... "You wont have to replace the whole phone; install the DTM software; do a backup; activate a new phone; do a pin switch on the BIS; then do a restore... "
    Now if they still want the whole thing replaced... I'm happy to oblige.
    It will do a lot of good in regards to the cost of shipping CLNRs though... good call.
    08-23-09 08:54 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD