check out Gizmodo for the recent verizon blog, they are talking about the future of tv and it looks like you'll be able to get fios or someversion of fios on your phone and they even show a blackberry 8830 with it on there called fios tv on the go. that would def. make my 8330 even better. check it out everyone.
    07-30-08 11:43 AM
    TV is always evolving... and it is a great technology that can expand!! All of the things available currently amaze me, so the future will be full of surprises.

I really like the idea of Verizon fios and ATT UVerse... TV over fiber is cool
    07-30-08 11:45 AM
    i just think this is one of the cooler things that verizon could do, i travel a lot and and sitting and waiting for my plane to arrive is kinda dull with just the internet and music. so the more options i have the better. especially if i can download and save tv to my device so easily.
    07-30-08 11:48 AM
    From what the picture looks like (and being a FiOS sales consultant) I'd say that currently the On the Go app will be more along the lines of the Verizon Wireless TiVo app. You'll be able to search shows and set your dvr from your mobile. fios-dvr-18

Still looks nice as **** tho. Hopefully this'll be an app for ANY blackberry and not a VZW subscription. (as I have a t-mo 8320)
    09-15-08 06:52 PM
    Btw. Verizon Fios Mobile DVR has been launched. Unfortunately it only works with three LG phones currently. The Voyager, EnV 2 and the newest Chocolate.

No word on any Blackberry love.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 07:18 PM
    Update.

Verizon has launched a mobile web version of their FiOS TV Central web site and more. It's still in beta, but so far works fine for me. m.verizon.com
    02-26-09 12:17 PM
    The web interface is glitchy, but what I really want is the app for my Curve.

02-26-09 12:20 PM
    after watching tv on my curve my eyes start getting cross eyed, lol
    i have sprint and they have the tv app. i always watch cartoon network or cnn live and i can only take it for a small bit of time.
    i work for comcast and we were going to do the same type of idea with sprint.
    its testing was just too much money for the time to dump our money into the project.
    ohh and the lg was again the only phone that would support it as well, lol
    02-26-09 12:28 PM
    This isn't an app to watch TV on your phone. It is one to schedule your DVR from your phone.
    02-26-09 10:33 PM
    delorean, you profile says tmo, but you say you are a fios rep?!?!?
    03-01-09 12:20 AM
    Yes. I sell Verizon FiOS I do not sell Verizon Wireless. I have been a T-Mobile customer for years before getting my current job.

03-01-09 12:31 AM
    Yes. I sell Verizon FiOS I do not sell Verizon Wireless. I have been a T-Mobile customer for years before getting my current job.

Any idea when this service will be available in Tyler, Texas (75701)? I saw this service at my friend's house in Dallas and loved it and can't wait for it to come here (if it ever does). Our cable provider sucks.
    03-01-09 01:16 AM
    Any idea when this service will be available in Tyler, Texas (75701)? I saw this service at my friend's house in Dallas and loved it and can't wait for it to come here (if it ever does). Our cable provider sucks.
    I'm sorry, but I really can't tell when FiOS will be in a specific area. Usually all I can really say for sure is that if Verizon is a landline provider in your area we will be comming. But Texas (Specifically the Dallas area) is a special case. Both Verizon and AT&T are working on bringing their fiber solutions to the same neighborhood.

What I can do for anyone that wants to be notified when FiOS is available in their area is ask that you e-mail me your name, address and home phone number to cdrushler [at] verizon [dot] net. Oh also, please state in your e-mail that you give me permission to contact you when Verizon FiOS is available. Otherwise I won't be allowed to give you a call. If you're a line cutter and don't have a home phone please specify and provide me with another way to contact you.

Thanks,
    Chris
    03-02-09 11:30 AM
    I wish this was in my area. Major Metro area, and we don't have it yet. Maybe someday
    03-02-09 03:14 PM
    First of all, the M.Verizon.com site is not allowing me to actually "Record" the shows. I can see everything, but it won't work.

Also, am I gonna be able to watch my FiOS TV on my BlackBerry Storm?

When? I live on Long Island (just outside New York City). I am in a Major-Metro Area...
    03-20-09 02:06 PM
    You must log into m.verizon.com with the primary e-mail address for the FiOS account. Also, you must have a Home Media DVR associated with your account. Try logging in to verizon.com/fiostvcentral from your computer first. There may be some setting on your DVR (or online) that has to be set to accept remote dvr features.

As for watching FiOS from your mobile phone I would assume that will not happen. FiOS specifically is a Fiber Optic Service brought straight to your home. It is not an OTA service. Also, Verizon and Verizon Wireless are two different companies. Verizon Wireless being partially owned by Verizon and partially owned by Vodafone.

Verizon Wireless has a Video service allready. I don't think they'd want to lose the revenue from that service by allowing Verizon to stream their FiOS content to VZW's wireless customers.
    03-20-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD