got a question for anyone who is on a family share plan and has blackberrys. Is it possible to have two BB's on one family plan and was it tough to get verizon to let you have two on a plan? my brother and his girlfriend are planning on switching back to verizon and would both like to get blackberry's. I converted them, i'm proud... lol Is there a plan for family plans with blackberry's or do you have to get a family plan and add the $30 dollar email/web for each phone?

Thanks in advance!
    Brandon
    06-28-08 05:06 PM
    I had a hard time with a similar situations recently. We have four phones and two are BlackBerrys. We share minutes and some other similar "features" but it took a few minutes and a courteous customer representative to get the pricing to work in such a way that we weren't being punished unduly for the BBs.

Basically I'm regurgitating what jennifer has said and incremented the number of devices. jennifer's answer++ and a bottle of rum. Which I think I need because I've been on an energy drink bender and I think I've finally lost it.
    06-28-08 05:16 PM
    LOL. Are you following me?
    Are you Pepper Potts? :-D
    06-28-08 05:25 PM
    Ouch. Skip the Rum, hand me the Scotch. And a Maxim.
    06-28-08 05:34 PM
    Ouch. Skip the Rum, hand me the Scotch. And a Maxim.
    Lol... Good stuff! Welll thanks for the replies, I didn't think they had a plan for bb's but wante to make sure! I'm on my own so I wasn't sure... Thabks for the info guys! Heading in to check it out with them....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-28-08 06:27 PM
    I'm on a family plan w/my gf. We share our minutes and unlimited texting...and we each have our own seperate BIS plans at 30 bucks each. I'm pretty sure it's like 10 bucks a month for the unlimited texting and i forget how much for the shared minutes.
    06-30-08 01:55 AM
    Yeah, i went in and set them up on a plan... the rep at verizon tried selling them all of the add ons but i filled them both in on what they needed and what they would possibly want and whatnot... The girl didn't know hardly anything about bb's but insisted that BBmessenger used texts instead of data...
    06-30-08 09:01 AM
    Jennifer is right. You can't really get out of the 30 extra a month but Verizon is customer service oriented and will "cut you a deal" so to speak. If you call and aren't satisfied, you can go to a Corporate Store and they will jump through hoops to earn your business. I just switched from T-mobile and have been amazed at how quickly they issue credits when you are even slightly inconvenienced!
    06-30-08 09:16 AM
    Yeah i wasn't expecting to get them out of the 30 dollars a month... I was just wondering if they had a blackberry plan so to speak for two phones... Verizon has it's few flaws, but can't complain much about them.... I switched over from t-mobile a few years ago and have been happier since...
    06-30-08 09:42 AM
    Unfortunately, when it comes to Blackberries, it's hard to get a deal out of Verizon. Each needs its own data plan, which gets rather costly...
    06-30-08 09:50 AM
    Its not actually Verizon that sets the blackberry plans its RIM that sets them , AFAIK.

06-30-08 11:41 AM
    Its not actually Verizon that sets the blackberry plans its RIM that sets them , AFAIK.

If this was the case, then every single carrier's data plan would cost the same amount. Not so. Why would RIM make some plans cost more than others? They wouldn't. This is at the discretion of the wireless companies.
    06-30-08 12:02 PM
    If this was the case, then every single carrier's data plan would cost the same amount. Not so. Why would RIM make some plans cost more than others? They wouldn't. This is at the discretion of the wireless companies.
    Yup what she said.... BUT, most company's try and compete with others, like say keeping costs nearly the same/services the same price, but verizon, i believe has the best service, so i'm willing to pay alittle more for it....

Also, if RIM controlled the costs, all these Canada customers wouldn't be miserable with their data packages...
    06-30-08 03:39 PM
    yea its simple, it is just adding the feature to that exact phone line. I have an 8830 and another line has the 8330, my 3rd and 4th line are just regular phones at $9.99 month.
    06-30-08 04:34 PM
    got a question for anyone who is on a family share plan and has blackberrys. Is it possible to have two BB's on one family plan and was it tough to get verizon to let you have two on a plan? my brother and his girlfriend are planning on switching back to verizon and would both like to get blackberry's. I converted them, i'm proud... lol Is there a plan for family plans with blackberry's or do you have to get a family plan and add the $30 dollar email/web for each phone?

Thanks in advance!
    Brandon
    Yes, I have 5 lines on my account. My son and daughter have the EnV, my daughter in law has a BB, I have the BB (both of us Curve) and my mom a regular phone. Works great. We have the $45 unlimited Data Package. For the EnV kids, they are on the Preimum Plan, and my mom is just added as a regular user. It's great. We all stay within our minutes, and have no issues. And we are all IN
    06-30-08 08:07 PM
    I have the 30 dollar BIS plan and unlimited texting...Can i use Mobile IM and not have a crazy no fun bill?
    06-30-08 09:17 PM
    I have the 30 dollar BIS plan and unlimited texting...Can i use Mobile IM and not have a crazy no fun bill?
    Since you have unlimited texting and the $30 BIS plan you have should be unlimited web/email then you should be good to go! Some use data and some use text.... either way if you have unlimited for both, you should have no worries...
    06-30-08 09:31 PM
    Awesome!

I figured i was ok,but I wanted a 2nd opinion..Thanks!
    06-30-08 09:36 PM
    My friend has
    Verizon trying to send her pic but I have no mms does Verizon have email to send to phones?
    06-30-08 10:04 PM
    My friend has
    Verizon trying to send her pic but I have no mms does Verizon have email to send to phones?
    If she has an email set up on her phone, you can send it to her on that email and she would be able to download the pic to her memory card i believe.... not sure never tried that, but her phone does support mms if she has a pearl also... your's does not correct?
    06-30-08 10:30 PM
    RIM forces VZW customers to have a data plan. You can not buy a BB from VZW and not have a data plan. However you CAN buy a MOTO Q, TREO, and other smart phones and NOT get a data plan from VZW. hmm.. it seems RIM does have control over VZW plans.
    07-03-08 10:16 AM
    I came across this post and wondered the same thing...I have a Curve, and my mom got a hand me down Curve from a friend that she wants to use (she previously had a regular phone)

We are on a family plan with 700 shared minutes ... when I activated my BB, they just added on the unlimited data plan.

*When my mom activates her BB, I am wondering if we still need the 700 minutes to talk ... does the BB data plan include voice?

*And will she need her own data plan or can she share my unlimited one?

Am just a little concerned at how much our bill is going to be now We havent been on a contract in years, I'd prefer to stay off one...and last I checked, Verizon puts you back on a contract if you change your plan and LOWER your bill.
    06-16-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD