hi there,i dont post a lot here,but i get tons of tips and advice from others asking the same questions that i would have asked,my question is i added my fiance on my plan last week,she is coming from altell and figured we could save some cash by only having 1 plan,we live in the southern RDU area which is very populated and where she lives and works she only can get extended network,and her battery doesnt last very long,so we went by the local verizon store saturday evening and the guy told us that there wasnt anything we could do but live with it and cut the phone off at home and at work to save battery,which kinda defeats the purpose of having a phone in the first place,anyway, i was wondering if there were any thing we could do to resolve the problem and fix this cause she is getting upset at me for convincing her to jump on my plan,thanks in advance for any advice.
    06-01-09 05:36 PM
    did you try *228 and also you can keep it in the holster to put it to sleep when not in use. i work in a nursing home with fire retardant structure which bounces my signal all over the place, using the holster or the mute button in stand by mode seems to help it last longer.
    06-01-09 05:57 PM
    hi there,i dont post a lot here,but i get tons of tips and advice from others asking the same questions that i would have asked,my question is i added my fiance on my plan last week,she is coming from altell and figured we could save some cash by only having 1 plan,we live in the southern RDU area which is very populated and where she lives and works she only can get extended network,and her battery doesnt last very long,so we went by the local verizon store saturday evening and the guy told us that there wasnt anything we could do but live with it and cut the phone off at home and at work to save battery,which kinda defeats the purpose of having a phone in the first place,anyway, i was wondering if there were any thing we could do to resolve the problem and fix this cause she is getting upset at me for convincing her to jump on my plan,thanks in advance for any advice.
    If she had good Alltel service before she switched to VZW then she'll have good VZW service once the networks have been integrated with each other. If they have already been integrated then all you would need to do is update the PRL by dialing *228 and selecting option 2.
    06-01-09 06:23 PM
    I live in the extended network, and it does suck up a lot of battery life (this has been on all my phones, not just my BB) by itself. It's amazing to me how much longer my battery lasts when I go visiting in the home network. I've just learned to live with it -- there are so many more serious things to worry about. I second the *228 suggestion -- do it every time you are in a home network area. I don't use the holster, mostly because the puppy destroyed it a couple of days after I got the phone, but in theory, the sleep magnet will improve your battery life as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 09:15 PM

verizon sells a femo cell mini network extender if you have a internet connection that will be like a mini cellphone tower in your house that may work ?
    06-02-09 12:30 AM
    verizon sells a femo cell mini network extender if you have a internet connection that will be like a mini cellphone tower in your house that may work ?
    I think the Network Extender only works in the home network, at least it did a few months ago, when I looked into it.
    06-02-09 08:57 AM
    I think the Network Extender only works in the home network, at least it did a few months ago, when I looked into it.
    This is what the device is designed for, but I speak with folks all the time that use it in network that is setup for small business applications.
    06-02-09 09:08 AM
    This is what the device is designed for, but I speak with folks all the time that use it in network that is setup for small business applications.
    I think what he was referring to is that the network extender only works in a Verizon home coverage area. It has a GPS built in to it, so if you are not in a Verizon home coverage area it will not work.
    06-02-09 09:30 AM
    Not to go off subject but, is this a CDMA issue? I can remember when I had cingular my phone never roamed no matter where I traveled to. Why can't my CDMA phone do the same? I have a nationwide plan, the way I figure it, if I get a signal the phone should work if I'm roaming or not. Can someone help me understand this?

06-02-09 10:01 AM
    I got the Verizon network extender, and it works great.
    06-02-09 10:45 AM
    I am on extended all of the time, I surf, email, txt and talk my battery will easily last 2 full day without a charge or closing running aps, I do keep it in the pouch when I am not using it

06-02-09 06:47 PM
    I am on extended all of the time, I surf, email, txt and talk my battery will easily last 2 full day without a charge or closing running aps, I do keep it in the pouch when I am not using it

I think the sleep magnet helps a great deal with getting this long of a battery life time..

there isn't to many people that I talk to that get 2 days out of any smartphone..
    06-02-09 09:15 PM
    I think the sleep magnet helps a great deal with getting this long of a battery life time..

there isn't to many people that I talk to that get 2 days out of any smartphone..
    true. i do moderate browsing while at work and i have to take my charger to work with me. i will charge my berry at night then go to work and i usually have to charge it again in about 5 or 6 hours. thats moderate web browsing, and blackberry messenger. i do have gps location on, and i think thats what uses my battery alot.
    06-02-09 09:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD