I know this probably isn't the best place to post this but.....

I just purchased the Tour a month and a half ago under the BOGO promotion and I was wondering if anyone knew if verizon would do an exchange btwn the Tour and the Storm 2. I have been having trouble with my trackball and I have already sent in the rebate... Do you think Verizon would do that for me? even if I have to dish out a little extra cash for restocking fee or even a price difference?
    10-13-09 10:49 PM
    Probably not. If you are past the 30 day period, they wont do a trade in.
    10-13-09 11:01 PM
    only one way to find out....
    10-13-09 11:05 PM
    No, they'll gladly give you another tour though.
    10-13-09 11:25 PM
    Ya I figured as much. I would just prefer a touch screen and have no worries about a trackball or anything else with the Tour.
    10-14-09 03:29 AM
    I just saw a tweet from BlackBerry last night that Verizon is pushing the release date of the Storm 2 back from Oct. 21 to mid November. With that and what Ben34 already pointed out you're probably out of luck on getting a Tour for Storm 2 trade.

I have been battling "Reload Software: 552" bright white screens for a day and half now. Turned out to be the upgrade of BBM 5.0 was causing a problem and nuking my device. Verizon decided to send me another brand new Tour anyway without my even asking for it. I was going to tell them to forget about it, but what will it hurt to take a new one? After having to reinstall the software and OS 6 times today I've gotten pretty quick at getting the device to where I like it.

The Storm 2 will certainly have it's issues too and IMHO touch screens are more of a problem than anything else. Even the iPhone has it's issues and no one has come close to matching their touch screen capability yet.

When I first got the Tour I noticed the trackball wouldn't move to the right without me having to go over it several times. That really frustrated me so I did a search on the issue here on crackberry and couple of other forums. I tried every solution provided and nothing helped. I was about to take the phone back to the Verizon store, but something caught my eye when I accidentally grazed the trackball with my thumb. The cursor glided across the screen very nicely. So I began playing with the trackball by moving my thumb over the trackball with the least amount of pressure I could and the trackball responded flawlessy. I have not had a problem since with the trackball.

Keep in mind that when going in between screens there seems to be some lag. I give it a second or two before touching the trackball again and this seems to work out pretty well. I hope this helps.
    10-14-09 04:35 AM
    Ya I figured as much. I would just prefer a touch screen and have no worries about a trackball or anything else with the Tour.
    I'll trade you my Storm for your Tour.
    10-14-09 10:23 AM
    I just saw a tweet from BlackBerry last night that Verizon is pushing the release date of the Storm 2 back from Oct. 21 to mid November. With that and what Ben34 already pointed out you're probably out of luck on getting a Tour for Storm 2 trade.

I have been battling "Reload Software: 552" bright white screens for a day and half now. Turned out to be the upgrade of BBM 5.0 was causing a problem and nuking my device. Verizon decided to send me another brand new Tour anyway without my even asking for it. I was going to tell them to forget about it, but what will it hurt to take a new one? After having to reinstall the software and OS 6 times today I've gotten pretty quick at getting the device to where I like it.

The Storm 2 will certainly have it's issues too and IMHO touch screens are more of a problem than anything else. Even the iPhone has it's issues and no one has come close to matching their touch screen capability yet.

When I first got the Tour I noticed the trackball wouldn't move to the right without me having to go over it several times. That really frustrated me so I did a search on the issue here on crackberry and couple of other forums. I tried every solution provided and nothing helped. I was about to take the phone back to the Verizon store, but something caught my eye when I accidentally grazed the trackball with my thumb. The cursor glided across the screen very nicely. So I began playing with the trackball by moving my thumb over the trackball with the least amount of pressure I could and the trackball responded flawlessy. I have not had a problem since with the trackball.

Keep in mind that when going in between screens there seems to be some lag. I give it a second or two before touching the trackball again and this seems to work out pretty well. I hope this helps.
    Yeah this "tweet" sounds a lot more legit than the actual photos from vzw witht he release date on it...
    10-14-09 10:28 AM
    I'll trade you my Storm for your Tour.
    I don't want the storm 1. I could've have gotten the Storm 1, I am waiting for the Storm 2.
    10-14-09 12:01 PM
    I don't want the storm 1. I could've have gotten the Storm 1, I am waiting for the Storm 2.
    Unless you are a VIP Customer then you will be waiting 2 years. If you are a VIP you will wait a full year before you can upgrade with your one year upgrade. Unless you want to add a line or pay full retail price of course.

Touch screens blow. Keep the Tour.
    10-14-09 12:24 PM

Yea, when Twitter becomes a credible source let me know.
    10-14-09 02:05 PM

Do you have access to a magic @blackberry account? Take a look at this one... Where does it say that.... Research In Motion (BlackBerry) on Twitter
    10-14-09 02:28 PM
    Unless you are a VIP Customer then you will be waiting 2 years. If you are a VIP you will wait a full year before you can upgrade with your one year upgrade. Unless you want to add a line or pay full retail price of course.

Touch screens blow. Keep the Tour.
    I thought that with a plan that is high enough priced (before any add-ons) you could get yearly upgrades at the 2 year price but you have to pay the early upgrade fee and you lose your NE2 discount for 2 more years. The VIP part just waives the fee. Is that correct? If this is the case the OP would only have to wait a year and not two if the plan is eligible.
    10-14-09 02:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD