Well. Here is what I did.

I used to own an LG Dare. It was a nice phone but I wanted to try a blackberry. So I was past my 30 day trial with the Dare and I was either forced to buy a curve brand new for 400 or whatever it is or try and buy a used one. So I called verizon and I ordered the Curve and another line on my account so I can get the Curve for $99. They went ahead and sent me the Curve with the new line. I then called them and said I wanted to put my old number from my Dare on the Curve and close the line I just opened so that I can get the curve for the cheap price. So once I did that, I was under the assumption that I would be hit with the $175 Early Termination fee for that line. So I get the phone, hook it up and Sell my LG Dare for $250 to a friend from Howard Forums. When my bill comes, I am expecting my normal bill rate plus the $175 for the terminaton on the other line. To my suprise, they credited me the amount of the ET back and I called Verizon just to confirm why that was done. She told me that I didnt have to try and work or cut corners around them to get the phone cheaper. The lady told me that they understand that new phones come out and they do whatever they have to do to work with the customer to keep them satisfied.

Heh, so there you have it. I sold the Dare for what I paid for it, Got the Curve for $100 brand new and wasnt charged a thing seperate for it! Now thats what Im talking about when it comes to satisfaction garenteed!!! I mean, I try and see if I can rip them and just pay the $175 instead of $400 or whatever for the phone brand new and I was able to keep my current 2 year plan I already have without extending anymore. That was awesome!

Now. Might have to attempt this when the Storm comes out At least I can keep the curve for a back up if I really like the storm or Ill just sell either one of them. Just wanted to share my experience with you guys! GO VERIZON!!!
    10-02-08 09:00 PM
    yes vzw is a **** of a wireless carrier
    i'm totally happy with them
    10-02-08 10:15 PM
    That's just luck or the fact that the Curve is no longer their "new" phone to them. I'm not trying to rain on your parade because obviously you got exactly what you wanted, but remember that the normal process would have meant to pay full retail. I think you have some good karma on you my friend.
    10-02-08 10:20 PM
    I did something similar and had the same results. I wanted a curve but it was not time for my upgrade. I get one once a year at the 2 year price being a VIP! But instead of waiting I purchased the curve using my sons upgrade with the intention of switching the phones at home and giving him my upgrade when it was due if he didn't like the phone I gave him (Moto Q). They didn't have the pink one at the store and needed to over night the phone to me and I made some changes on my service. With all the transactions and setting things up I explained what I was going to do with the phone and the service rep did it for me and added it to my number without me paying the full price for the phone even though I was no where near my upgrade time. I thought I was doing something slick to cut corners and get my curve but he was cool about it like there was no need for me to go through all that.
    10-02-08 11:42 PM
    Successful! I think that verizon is totally fine with doing that. I had just made a new 2 year contract also and am not close to an upgrade either. I think its just because they know you are staying with them or they are gettin a little more money now that I have the Data plan. My bill is now like 120 compared to 90 before. So they might look at it like that to.
    10-03-08 12:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD