1. thebignewt's Avatar
    A pal is going to Mexico, has a Verizon CDMA dumbphone. He was told they'd bill him $4/mo. and about .45/min for calls (maybe more calling land lines). He assumes this will work in England too. Will it? I'm going there too, have Verizon android phones. Will mine work? I also have an old BB Curve with Tmobile that's not in service, but I could activate it. Thanks in advance.
    08-12-11 03:28 PM
  2. ADGrant's Avatar
    England, like the rest of the UK and Europe does not have any CDMA networks. There are some Verizon dual mode phones that will work though. The 9630 & 9650 Blackberrys and one or two Motorola Android devices. Your T-Mobile curve will work.
    08-12-11 03:46 PM
  3. olliegrl's Avatar
    when i traveled to canada with my iphone, i just used wifi the whole time and used free text apps and the like. saved me TONS of money on the nickel and diming the companies do.
    08-15-11 07:18 AM
  4. Renegade_Pilgrim's Avatar
    If you have a dual or tri-band phone, with a SIM card and have been a Verizon customer for a while, if you ask nicely, they will let you unlock your phone. Then, just buy a pre-paid SIM card on Orange or one of the other networks in Europe and use your phone that way. You can also suspend service while you are gone for $10/month. That's what I did last year when I was gone for 5 months. The time gets added to your contract, but it was worth it to me.
    08-15-11 05:52 PM