OK so off and on for a few weeks I've been receiving texts from people 2 or 3 hours after they send them... but it only happens when I'm in my house.

My Texts go through right away to others... Internet and email works.. I've tried registering the phone.. doing *228 and sending service books but nothing has worked.

Also my phone constantly says 3G with full bars.. we have a network extender here...

Anyone hear of this problem before?

Thank You to anyone who can help
    03-21-10 07:41 PM
    What carrier are the other people using?
    03-21-10 07:49 PM
    What carrier are the other people using?
    All different ones.. Verizon, Sprint, TMobile...
    03-21-10 07:53 PM
    Does it only happen to your phone?

Do you have other phones in use in your home?

Has it always happened or did it just start?

You may have to call Tech Support, if they can't get it working for you, they may need to file a trouble ticket.
    03-21-10 09:17 PM
    Does it just happen in your home? If not, then there may be an issue with the settings on the network. If you have a network extender, then you may be in a known trouble/marginal coverage area. Are you in a former Alltel market? If so, then it could be do the convergence of the networks. You could've been bouncing off Alltel towers that have been shut off. Just a thought.
    03-22-10 12:57 AM
    Does it only happen to your phone?

Do you have other phones in use in your home?

Has it always happened or did it just start?

You may have to call Tech Support, if they can't get it working for you, they may need to file a trouble ticket.

Good question. I'll test my brother's phone tonight, if my phone is still doing it. It just started a few weeks ago. It was doing it early yesterday afternoon.. but then I did have a couple texts come through right away and then it was doing it all night.

Does it just happen in your home? If not, then there may be an issue with the settings on the network. If you have a network extender, then you may be in a known trouble/marginal coverage area. Are you in a former Alltel market? If so, then it could be do the convergence of the networks. You could've been bouncing off Alltel towers that have been shut off. Just a thought.
    Yep, only when inside my house.. specifically my bed room. Outside or at work.. or anywhere else is totally fine.

I'm wondering if maybe it is something with the network extender. The power went out for a few days when we had that big wind storm...The problem might have started after that.
    03-22-10 06:10 AM
    I gave up and called Verizon. I'm waiting for the tech guy to call me back. He said they're hooking up a test phone to my account to try and replicate the problem...whatever. It's weird because both texts they sent me came through right away. FIGURES!
    03-22-10 08:53 PM
    It is possible that you roam to other carrier towers and some how it is not passing the texts through. Then when you move, it could re-associate with VZW towers and pass the text to you.
    03-24-10 04:03 PM
    It is possible that you roam to other carrier towers and some how it is not passing the texts through. Then when you move, it could re-associate with VZW towers and pass the text to you.
    Maybe but it JUST started a couple weeks ago. I've had this phone for almost 2 yrs and never any problems prior to now. Also, no other carriers work in my house.. just verizon. Not sure if that makes a difference with roaming.. but then again, wouldn't my phone say it was roaming? It stays at 3G and 3 or 4 bars.
    03-24-10 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD