Ok i have a strange question. I got my bb 8330 last summer, and it was my very first bb ever! I didn't set up my phone, the verizon salesperson did. I had her set up my school email on my phone (it was my graduation present to myself and was still using that email account). it has worked amazingly well. The first month i got my cell phone bill and it was a little higher than it was suppossed to be so i called Verizon and they said I was set up on the $45.99/mo data plan. I informed them that I was supposed to be on the $29.99/mo plan. The customer service person asked me if I was using my phone with a corporate account, and i replied with "Honey, I don't even have a job, so i definitely don't have a corporate account". they switched my plan to the $29.99/mo plan no problems.

My email has worked fine for a year. Then i get a notice in my school email that it will be deleted in 7 days because i am an alumni. No problem, because as luck would have it I just registered to go back to a different University starting this summer and have a new email account for my new school. I tried to add this email account to my bb and it wouldn't work. so i called Verizon, the tech support guy tried a million things. I was emailing him from both my old school email and my new school email and even HE couldn't figure out why my new one wasn't taking to my bb.

so i posted a facebook status about the problem. As luck would have it, a friend of mine used to work for Verizon and educated me about Enterprise servers. i had NO CLUE what an Enterprise server was until she told me. Now, I understand that most universities use Enterprise servers because they are more secure, better, blah blah blah.

MY question is, WHY was i able to use my old school email (which was a groupwise email.. thus on an enterprise server) on the $29.99/mo data plan package?? is there a work around for adding my enterprise server based new school email without using the more expensive data package?

I have no clue how any of this happened!
    Last edited by JMM_AU_2009; 05-26-10 at 10:26 PM. Reason: trying to be clearer
    05-26-10 10:25 PM
    I'm guessing that you were getting your old school email via pop3 or imap. Even though you school uses groupwise, it most likely also allows access via pop3/imap.

You should be able to add your new school email to you blackberry if it also supports imap or pop3. I know my school had instructions on how to set up school email using outlook or outlook express, they would provide you with their pop3 server info to set up with. If your school provides you with their pop3 or imap server info, you should be able to add it to your blackberry.
    05-26-10 11:19 PM
    You can also see about setting up your new school email via OWA (if it's available). In the end, if you have to set up through BES though, I think you'll find the extra $15/month worth it given that all your emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, memos et al, will be synced and backed up without having to use desktop manager.
    05-27-10 09:13 AM
    yeah if you can go through OWA it will work fine. Only email and contacts though no folders.

05-27-10 12:03 PM