Ive heard good things about people getting a swap for a pearl no questions asked... in store especially

this is due to mms messaging problems, screen problems, etc

i have a problem with dust getting behind the glass... i cannot get back there and it's pretty noticable

ive also had some mms problems and a "media processor error message"... will verizon be easy to exchange?

i would DEF put a case on it as soon as i get it of course....

anyone use their warranty to do this? would i be covered?
    12-21-07 06:08 PM
    Ive heard good things about people getting a swap for a pearl no questions asked... in store especially

this is due to mms messaging problems, screen problems, etc

i have a problem with dust getting behind the glass... i cannot get back there and it's pretty noticable

ive also had some mms problems and a "media processor error message"... will verizon be easy to exchange?

i would DEF put a case on it as soon as i get it of course....

anyone use their warranty to do this? would i be covered?
    as far as your error message goes, i'd call VZW service first. personally, i HATE going into the retail stores. i won't go in unless i absolutely have to. the phone reps are quite helpful.

the dust problem? that might be trickier. they might swap it out, or they might just recommend some kind of Pearl cover or skin. the only thing you can do is walk into a VZW store and see what they say. good luck.
    12-21-07 06:28 PM
    the dust problem? that might be trickier. they might swap it out, or they might just recommend some kind of Pearl cover or skin. the only thing you can do is walk into a VZW store and see what they say. good luck.
    sure they might suggest a cover but that wont solve the problem that is already in the phone - the dust in there will stay there you know? will they swap that out it you can cure this problem?
    12-21-07 09:59 PM
    took me 4 hours... but i got a replacement

they would not take my dust in screen problem because it "does not affect performance of the phone" and i said that it was a known problem thinking that it would help my side... but she said that it's up to RIM for that problem... WTF?

so i also say that the trackball is not as responsive as the model in the room which has been like this since the beginning and she responded that since the phone is nly 3 weeks old, the'll give me a new one
    had to do a little more hagging than i wanted to but all is good now
    12-29-07 09:46 AM
    I've never really had any problems with getting a phone swapped with Verizon. I got my 8830 in exchange for my 8703e because I was having problems with it. They also swapped out other cell phones for me before I got my BB.
    12-30-07 03:10 AM
    i had a pearl, had roller ball issues, they were willing ti give me another, instead i asked for a 8830 just paid the difference in price. I'm very happy with zerizon and the CSR i deal with...
    12-30-07 08:06 AM
    i had a pearl, had roller ball issues, they were willing ti give me another, instead i asked for a 8830 just paid the difference in price. I'm very happy with zerizon and the CSR i deal with...
    just asking, why did you want to go to the 8830 instead of keeping the pearl? just wondering
    12-30-07 07:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD