So I've been getting the emails and texts a lot lately to upgrade my main line on a family plan to a droid, but figured I would hold off. I purchased my tour a little over a year ago, and got the older curve for my wife free at that time. The tour needs rebooted daily it seems (and that 5 minute reboot is way to long), and the wife doesn't barely uses data, so I decided to call and see when we can upgrade. The meter online says 8 months until ne2. The rep on the phone said I could upgrade my phone now (ne1), but I cannot do the second line yet. She then told me to keep an eye on my email because I would be getting something to upgrade the second line between now and Christmas. Any ideas what she is talking about? I should not be eligible until at least May I thought. I want to get my wife onto a cheaper smartphone since her usage is so low (looking at Samsung reality), but would that be an acceptable "upgrade"?
    09-02-10 10:57 AM
    Blackberry 8330 -> Samsung Reality is a downgrade. The Reality is a lower end touch screen. It uses the resistive touch technology (which I personally find to always be a disappointment).

The main line on most family plans (depending on cost) have annual upgrades. I believe if your plan is 79.99 or higher a month you qualify.

As for an early upgrade on your secondary line, I would guess Verizon might be pushing out early upgrades to certain people for the holiday season. Most of the times I've seen it, it is for people who don't currently have a smartphone. The criteria is that you have to move to a smartphone with a required data plan of 29.99 or more.
    09-02-10 08:31 PM
    It's all a matter of give and take. Is paying a little more on your early upgrade worth it? It was for me; went from a Bold to a Droid X. Well worth the few extra bucks.
    09-05-10 11:11 AM
    $20 for an Early Upgrade.
    09-05-10 01:04 PM
    My early upgrade NE1 is ready in october. I want to use to SOOO bad, but with all the talk (seems legit this time) about the iphone in january i would like to hold out for it. Idk though, the Droid X is so nice at the same time. Im confused
    09-06-10 12:48 PM
    My early upgrade NE1 is ready in october. I want to use to SOOO bad, but with all the talk (seems legit this time) about the iphone in january i would like to hold out for it. Idk though, the Droid X is so nice at the same time. Im confused
    That's a tough call if you're really interested in the iPhone. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the iPhone and I feel that Android is superior. However, that's personal opinion and you may think differently. One thing to consider is that Android doesn't block out applications like Apple does.
    09-06-10 04:25 PM
    Ya, im not sure what i am going to do. Hopefully i can get a decent android phone to hold me over for a while and not have to use my upgrade
    09-06-10 05:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD