03-25-09 08:07 PM
38 12
tools
    ^^I had that same phone until I swapped a few weeks back. Its a good cheapie phone
    03-23-09 11:12 AM
    they get home from being snowbirds in florida next week... and since I have to teach them how to use their phones I am picking their new one out lol... thanks for the suggestions
    03-23-09 11:57 AM
    Get the Jitterbug. My grandma has it... She keeps it next to her giant tv remote and her giant calculator
    Made me crack up. So does my grandma. But she can't hear it because the TV is on FULL volume!
    03-23-09 12:06 PM
    Knack is the way to go. Does have a camera, bluetooth or internet access. Just a phone large buttons and color coded ports! Oh yeah it has a charging dock. Just drop it in to charge.
    03-23-09 12:13 PM
    I was going to suggest the u340 as well, it doesnt have web so they cant "accidentally" incur data chgs and does do text.. ( no pix tho )
    moto w755 is good too.. then they have pix and camera.. also it comes in purple... weeeee!
    03-23-09 12:13 PM
    I bought my Mom a phone for Christmas- the LG VX8350. I don't think Verizon is carrying this phone anymore (may be why I got it for free). Its perfect for my Mom who knows how to dial and just learned to text message (seriously)- yes it has the ability for music but she doesn't use it. It does give her room to grow since she is now emailing and learning how to use the internet. Good luck. I wish Verzion would bring back the Migo!
    03-23-09 01:59 PM
    Go wit the jitterbug!
    03-23-09 03:46 PM
    The U-340 is the Knack, right? If so, that would be my first choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No the U340 is the small blue and black phone.
    03-23-09 10:32 PM
    I'm 69+ and have been using the Moto W385 for 2 years now and it has never let me down. For a dumb phone, it's fairly 'smart'!
    That was my choice as well for my 67~ year old mother. She needed something simple, something a little bit more rugged than most other flip phones, a keypad she could easily see the numbers on (she could not use my old RAZR at all), and something with a bright easy to read screen.

The local VZW had already cleared them out, but still had the demo on the floor display, so I had them order one for me. So far it has turned out to be a great choice for her needs.
    03-23-09 10:43 PM
    i would definitely get a flip phone instead of a bar phone.....

my experience is they won't realize or remember how to lock the keypad.
    03-24-09 09:31 AM
    i would definitely get a flip phone instead of a bar phone.....

my experience is they won't realize or remember how to lock the keypad.
    That's funny!

My mom has a flipper - and she STILL manages to either lock the keypad OR press a speed dial number. My brother and I are always getting "prank" calls from Mom...

RING

Me: Hi Mom!

Mom's phone: Rustle, rustle (faint voices in background)

Me: Mom, are you there?

Mom's phone: Thunk, clunk, rattle, rattle.

Me: MOM! MOM, CAN YOU HEAR ME?

Mom's phone: Crash, scratch, hiss, bump.

Me: Bye Mom! If you can hear me, call me later!

10 minutes later, my phone rings again.

Me: Hi Mom!

Mom: Hi Son, I was looking at my phone and saw you called me, but you didn't leave a message...

Me; ARGH!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 05:55 PM
    Samsung U310 - Designed for olde people and Goodhousekeeping approved.
    03-25-09 06:41 PM
    The 340 is a little on the small side.....the knack is definetly the way i would go with it
    03-25-09 08:07 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD