04-21-08 12:24 AM
47 12
tools
    my att curve took about 5 days to arrive and i think that's the longest I've ever heard of so you should be fine.

btw I switched from VZW too, but not because of the money, it was because they didn't have the curve.
    04-17-08 04:47 AM
    Glad you got it all worked out! I would possibly make a suggestion if you have further issues in the future with this kind of situation. If you have been a customer for any extended period of time and you do not believe you are getting what you want you do always have the option of speaking with the retention department(cancellation) and telling them ( in a very nice way...dont be a ****....lol) that you do not feel that you are getting what you want and you would like to discuss your options or you are considering leaving to another carrier. You would be surprised how far you can get talking with them. They have been granted more authority and leniance as far as the amount of credit they can give and what they can do especially for a customer who is out of contract! They will even typically do much more than even a supervisor. That theory holds true across the board with all carriers. I think you will really enjoy ATT coverage and they have good customer care. The only thing I will disagree with is that TMO has bad coverage. I dont believe that to be true...When they first started out, yes....But not for a while now. And they prove over and over why they win JD Power Award year after year...Their customer service is top notch....Hope you enjoy your curve! Sounds like you made the right decision for you!
    04-17-08 08:31 AM
    I think tamccain was saying t-mobile has bad coverage in the area in which he/she lives in.
    04-17-08 08:45 AM
    Another thing to keep in mind... With Verizon only the MAIN line in a family plan is eligible for NE2, the other lines can get "discounted" pricing but not New Every Two. Not sure if this is applicable here, but worth mentioning!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Not true my parents family share has more than the main line eligible.
    04-17-08 08:46 AM
    Not true my parents family share has more than the main line eligible.
    By Family Share Plan I mean the additional lines paying just $10 per month.

From the Verizon site: Sign up for and maintain two years of service on a digital plan of $34.99 or higher to qualify for a free phone up to a $50 or $100 value, depending on the monthly access of your plan, or receive a credit of the same amount toward the purchase of a more expensive phone, with a two-year renewal.

The $10 add on is not a digital plan of $34.99 or higher... If the additional lines on your parent's account are $10 add ons they can qualify for discounted pricing, but not the additional New Every Two $50 or $100 discount.
    04-17-08 08:55 AM
    I think tamccain was saying t-mobile has bad coverage in the area in which he/she lives in.
    Thats very possible. I wasnt taking it to heart just talking generally about their coverage...lol.
    04-17-08 09:03 AM
    Btw...Pashan...Totally off subject but LOVE the avatar. Living in Michigan I have to be careful who I tell that Im a former Buckeye...lol.
    04-17-08 09:05 AM
    Thats very possible. I wasnt taking it to heart just talking generally about their coverage...lol.
    I was indeed speaking of their coverage in my area. I live in a pretty rural area. No sprint coverage, no TMO coverage. To give you an idea - I live in the smallest county (population) in AZ.
    04-17-08 10:13 AM
    Okay so if I sign up for another 2 yrs, I only get $50.00 off the new phone.?

I was always under the impression and have always got $100 off the price of a phone. (i never got a phone under $100 to get a free one).

For advance device credit, I had the 39.99 a month plan before the new plans came on, but when I switched to a 8130 they gave me the ADV credit and have the 59.99 plan, that is seperate from the upgrade discount which i never got cause it was full retail but they gave me the ADV $100 because it was a PDA.

So am I right about this.

I should be able to upgrade for 2 yrs and get a $100 discount for upgrading... Then also get the ADV credit toward price when I upgrade to the Curve. I have spoken with a few joe blow reps, CRS's and they said umm yeah sure no problem. But I just want to make sure I have all my info when I call in to order the Curve in a few weeks.
    04-17-08 10:18 AM
    Of course they were really good, to you. They don't have your name, in blood, on the contract yet!
    Exactly. I love when people say a carrier was REALLY nice to them when they were gonna switch. There nice until you sign. Then it's the same BS. Every carrier does this and will do this. The reason they don't care if you leave, you leave they will get 5 new customers to fill your spot.
    04-17-08 11:33 AM
    Exactly. I love when people say a carrier was REALLY nice to them when they were gonna switch. There nice until you sign. Then it's the same BS. Every carrier does this and will do this. The reason they don't care if you leave, you leave they will get 5 new customers to fill your spot.
    But it's a business model that will eventually fail. If they act like that, people move on to another carrier that is better. If you threaten them with cancelling, you can get what you need.
    04-17-08 04:43 PM
    the "threatening to cancel" technique works with a bunch of companies. Directv, DiSH network, Comcast, Verizon DSL. Once you demand to cancel a couple of times they transfer you from "customer service" to "customer care" or something equivalent like that. It's like the different between coffee shops and cafe's in Amsterdam. Pretty hilarious.

So anyway, once they transfer you to that new department to "help you disconnect" that person gets on the phone and starts lowballing everything to try to keep you on board. That's the way it works, and that's how I pay half price for cable tv forever.
    04-17-08 04:47 PM
    probable: verizon cares about their customers.

fact: not everyone cares about their job.

conclusion: it's not that verizon doesn't care about you...it's just that the person you just spoke to doesn't...because they don't care about their job.
    04-17-08 05:01 PM
    SamsBerry...

<thread jack>

Thanks! I too love my Avatar... nice to know that it is being enjoyed in the State Up North as well. (Shhhh...)

I took the pic myself at a game a couple of years ago! If you want to resize it for your curve, just Pin or PM me and I'll send you the original. It makes an awesome football season wallpaper! Goes well with my TBDBITL ringback tone too! (Yeah, I love my Buckeyes!)

O! H!

</thread jack>
    04-17-08 09:13 PM
    Come on over to At&t. We'll leave the light on and fix you a cup of hot cocoa or if you're really POed, we'll give you a bottle of Jack Daniels to celebrate . Lol

04-17-08 09:25 PM
    Come on over to At&t. We'll leave the light on and fix you a cup of hot cocoa or if you're really POed, we'll give you a bottle of Jack Daniels to celebrate . Lol

SO that is where they get that saying more "BARS" in more places.
    04-17-08 09:51 PM
    It's not just verizon. I left Nextel and went to Sprint (yes I KNOW they are supposed to be the same company)because they wouldn't give me a deal, and I left Sprint and went to ATT for the same reason. It's ridiculous that they only treat new customers that way.
    04-17-08 10:05 PM
    I've had all of them but AllTel and to one degree or another they're the same, if I could get vzw coverage on tmo, I'd switch in a heartbeat.
    To the OP, if AT&T doesn't do it for you, which they probably won't in rural AZ, AllTel has the best arizona coverage outside of vzw.

04-18-08 12:40 AM
    That's why with Verizon I order all my phones online. I get the discounts without having to argue with the CS rep. Although I must point out that anytime I had a physical problem with one of my phones, the CS rep was EXTREMELY helpful, even when the in store guys didn't want to deal with it! Actually called a CS rep after my mom was told there was nothing they could do about her locking up phone. The CS rep called the store and spoke to the guy that my mom dealt with. We then drove back to the store and got a new phone!! I've been with them for 12 years, and I think I'm sticking with them.
    04-18-08 07:53 AM
    I actually tried to order my phone online, and that is what led me to calling the CS rep, because online wouldnt' give me the discounts that it did for new customers.
    04-18-08 12:28 PM
    I agree with you they do not care about current users. thats why i left and went to tmobile
    04-18-08 12:29 PM
    just needed to rant a little.

I am due for my new every 2 upgrade at Verizon Wireless. With that comes a $50 instant rebate. The Verizon Wireless website shows that a new customer will get the phone for 299.99 plus $100 instant rebate, and $50 mail in rebate. BUT, a current customer does not get the $100 instant rebate. SO, when I upgrade, and sign a new 2 year contract I have to pay 249.99 for the phone whereas a new customer only pays 199.99 - after several calls to Verizon and also to some store representatives it has come to my realization that they could care less about current customers, even if they have been loyal to their company for many years. I guess I will be getting a phone from ATT where they have the curve anyway.
    In 2 years, you'll be posting the exact same thing about AT&T. Most if not all cell phone companies do the exact same thing. They offer better prices on phones to attract customers, not retain them. While I agree this is a stupid and detrimental practice, it is what it is. AT&T when it was Cingular did this ALL the time. The upgrade price was NEVER even close to the new contract price. You think you had it bad with Verizon, but unless AT&T changes their ways in 2 years (highly unlikely), you'll be switching back to Verizon or someone else hoping on a prayer they're not the same way. Good Luck with that.

My simple solution to all of this is read the fine print, understand how the mobile industry works and become a smart consumer who doesn't get all pissy over stupid BS. Remember, this is a luxury, not a necessity. I honestly hope you get treated better by AT&T, but after working for them for 3 years, I saw many people go and many come in. This industry has a revolving door policy, b/c people have become attached to that little tracking device they call a cell phone. We're all suckers, just some of us don't get suckered as easily.
    04-21-08 12:24 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD