04-21-08 12:24 AM
47 12
tools
    just needed to rant a little.

I am due for my new every 2 upgrade at Verizon Wireless. With that comes a $50 instant rebate. The Verizon Wireless website shows that a new customer will get the phone for 299.99 plus $100 instant rebate, and $50 mail in rebate. BUT, a current customer does not get the $100 instant rebate. SO, when I upgrade, and sign a new 2 year contract I have to pay 249.99 for the phone whereas a new customer only pays 199.99 - after several calls to Verizon and also to some store representatives it has come to my realization that they could care less about current customers, even if they have been loyal to their company for many years. I guess I will be getting a phone from ATT where they have the curve anyway.
    04-16-08 12:39 PM
    Whaaat? If you are eligible for your ne2, you get ALL of the discounts, PLUS your ne2 extra, you must have gotten the special ed reps.
    The curve will be out in the next month.
    Call again and if they don't offer you the perks, ask to talk to a super..
    GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 12:47 PM
    Well, if you are due for your 2 and you want to stay with Verizon then you cancel that number and get a new one. A new one will and should be considered a new customer (my mother in law did that over the weekend with T-Mobile). If you want to keep your number than you can leave Verizon and port it over to your new carrier.
    04-16-08 12:48 PM
    You should get $100 off for NE2 and $100 advanced device credit as well. You will get a $50 rebate but like any rebate you pay it up front and mail away for it.
    04-16-08 12:53 PM
    Sounds like it's going to b stressful to ***** ur way to the top! I had a friend in the same situation and he use to work for Verizon but they didn't care either After 2 or 3 days trying to speak to other reps he finally got what he wanted.. but boy did he have to work for it!!!
    04-16-08 12:57 PM
    I did talk extensively with a supervisor to no avail. I am currently talking with ATT to switch to them. I think it is ridiculous to have to pay more than a new customer for a phone. The good news is I get the CURVE and i get GPS, so all is good.
    04-16-08 01:34 PM
    Can't blame you, I would suggest you start a new account to check out the coverage, before you port. Then you at least have the option to look at tmo or someone else if AT&T doesn't do it for you.

04-16-08 01:45 PM
    this should be in the verizon thread :]
    04-16-08 01:46 PM
    I have been told that ATT has great coverage where I am at, and other than alltel, that is about it. TMO has no coverage. So anyway I am pretty sure ATT will be good. They were really good to me when I called them.
    04-16-08 01:57 PM
    I noticed the same thing with the website showing a higher price using NE2. I went to a Verizon store and got all the discounts without a problem.
    04-16-08 04:33 PM
    I even called a local store, and they wouldn't help me either. To tell the truth it all doesn't matter much now because once my new phone comes in I will no longer be a Verizon customer. Their loss my gain
    04-16-08 05:12 PM
    People ask me why I left the "wonderful network" that is Verizon. Things like what you are saying are exactly why.

To make matters worse, the contract that was cancelled when I left Verizon had been active for over 5 years. I remember it like it was yesterday, after arguing with a manager on the phone for 10-15 minutes, I told him one last time that if he didn't help me resolve my issues, I would cancel my plan. He said that wasn't his problem, and the fact that he was going to be personally responsible for the loss of a $200 a month, long term customer didn't matter to him. In other words, he didn't believe me. The kicker is that I would have kept the contract active despite not getting what I wanted, had the manager been decent, but he was such a pompous *** that it was the final nail in the coffin.

3 days later I get a call from Verizon customer service asking me why I cancelled my long standing contract. I explained the reasons and they told me they were sorry, and they would honor my wishes if I just came back and reactivated my contract, as well as waive any reactivation fees. I laughed and told them that their network had great coverage, but I would never do business with them again because of that one manager, and they can single handedly thank him for losing a few grand a year.

Damn... I despise Verizon...
    04-16-08 05:15 PM
    just needed to rant a little.

I am due for my new every 2 upgrade at Verizon Wireless. With that comes a $50 instant rebate. The Verizon Wireless website shows that a new customer will get the phone for 299.99 plus $100 instant rebate, and $50 mail in rebate. BUT, a current customer does not get the $100 instant rebate. SO, when I upgrade, and sign a new 2 year contract I have to pay 249.99 for the phone whereas a new customer only pays 199.99 - after several calls to Verizon and also to some store representatives it has come to my realization that they could care less about current customers, even if they have been loyal to their company for many years. I guess I will be getting a phone from ATT where they have the curve anyway.
    i ported 1 line to att, from vz, verizon mailed me 100 bux credit, and 100 off a phone if i come back.
    04-16-08 05:34 PM
    I have been told that ATT has great coverage where I am at, and other than alltel, that is about it. TMO has no coverage. So anyway I am pretty sure ATT will be good. They were really good to me when I called them.
    Of course they were really good, to you. They don't have your name, in blood, on the contract yet!
    04-16-08 06:22 PM
    Weird but I just look at my account and if i were to upgrade now, currently my NE2 shows online $50.00 off for upgrade......

Then for PDA I get the ADV Credit. but why only $50.00 or why is it showing that...
    04-16-08 06:28 PM
    Hhmm, I hate to fuel the fire but.... When I signed up for my contract, the Verizon Wireless rep explained to me if my phone costed me 79.99 month after 2 years I would get $100 off and upgraded phone, anything less then 79.99 month I would only get $50 off the upgrade. That's just what I was told and it had better be true lol.

04-16-08 06:40 PM
    Yester, I believe the advance device discount is only for upgrading from a dumb to smart phone and it's a one time shot. If you've never used it before a csr should be able to add it when you get your ,,,, what was that you're getting again..

04-16-08 06:57 PM
    Just remember that this is similar to buying a car: The salesperson is your best friend, until you sign the contract, that is. From then on, deal with the Service Department...
    04-16-08 07:13 PM
    Hhmm, I hate to fuel the fire but.... When I signed up for my contract, the Verizon Wireless rep explained to me if my phone costed me 79.99 month after 2 years I would get $100 off and upgraded phone, anything less then 79.99 month I would only get $50 off the upgrade. That's just what I was told and it had better be true lol.

you are right you will get that new every 2 discount, but other discounts on the website apparently don't apply and because of that a NEW customer could possibly get a phone cheaper than what you can buy one for even with your new every 2 - and Verizon doesn't seem to care that they are punishing their current customers because of this.
    04-16-08 07:29 PM
    Just remember that this is similar to buying a car: The salesperson is your best friend, until you sign the contract, that is. From then on, deal with the Service Department...
    Only the most unsuccessful of salespeople will live by that type of selling style. A good sales person will be your friend during the buying process and will continue to do so after to make you come back when it's time for a new car, and also with the hopes of having you refer people to them. There is a saying I live by in my day to day working life; "All things being equal, people like to buy from their friends, all things being not so equal, people STILL like to buy from their friends." Create friendships and relationships and you will have a rich and rewarding sales career; follow the "used car selling style" of days gone by, and you will sink like a lead balloon, even if it works at first.

I say this as a professional salesperson myself, and I can't even express just how irritated I get at people's attitudes towards salespeople in general because of things like you just said. Like in anything else, the bad, shady, and conniving people in your given industry will always make it harder for those that are truly stand up and provide great service. I know this is off topic of the thread, and I am not attacking you, but the salespeople you have dealt with to make you feel that way.
    04-16-08 09:10 PM
    Weird but I just look at my account and if i were to upgrade now, currently my NE2 shows online $50.00 off for upgrade......

Then for PDA I get the ADV Credit. but why only $50.00 or why is it showing that...
    verizon is a funny company, to get 100 credit you need a 79.99 or higher plan for at least 3 months to get the 100 off. else its 50 off.
    04-16-08 10:18 PM
    Another thing to keep in mind... With Verizon only the MAIN line in a family plan is eligible for NE2, the other lines can get "discounted" pricing but not New Every Two. Not sure if this is applicable here, but worth mentioning!

04-16-08 10:49 PM
    According to your info, I guess you've made the change.

Welcome 2 CB and AT&T!
    04-17-08 01:32 AM
    yeah I have made the change. My BB Curve should be here in a couple days. I am getting anxious about it. I hope it comes before Monday, I have a business trip to go on. I don't want to wait till I come back to use it.
    04-17-08 02:19 AM
    Lol... Enjoy your new device.
    04-17-08 02:22 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD