I was in a verizon store yesterday and they told me when stock runs out no more pearl flip. I hope a new flip with a track pad comes out.
    01-01-10 02:56 PM
    I think TMO is doing the same thing. I went in the other day to pay my bill and there wasnt even one on display anymore, yet they still had it online. I asked and they said they had one or two left in the back and then they werent getting any more either.
    01-02-10 04:21 PM
    I hope rim isn't getting rid of the flip its a great device!
    01-02-10 05:10 PM
    I hope this isn't ture (but I fear that it is), the only thing I can think of is that maybe Tmo and VZN think that the 9100 stryker/stratus will fill this spot in the lineup. It won't for me, but I can see some suits thinking "It's the next BB Pearl, so we don't need to sell the last one".
    01-03-10 11:29 PM
    I can see why they would. While this is a great phone (In fact, I love it!) it is still at the very bottom of the pile when it comes to blackberries. It probably does't fit the 'image' RIM is setting with their phones now.
    01-04-10 11:54 PM
    Maybe Rim is going to put the trackpad on the flip instead of getting rid of it. In this economy who knows what will happen.
    01-05-10 01:46 PM
    ironic that it was recently rated by CR as "recommended" - guess that it's not a predictor of longevity though....
    01-05-10 07:46 PM
    ironic that it was recently rated by CR as "recommended" - guess that it's not a predictor of longevity though....
    I saw this in the new CR this month too! I love my 8220!
    01-05-10 11:02 PM
    I saw this in the new CR this month too! I love my 8220!
    the 1st thing that hit me was "maybe it'll be a collectors' item" haha....i am intrigued by the google phone now, and t-mo does have it
    01-05-10 11:43 PM
    the 1st thing that hit me was "maybe it'll be a collectors' item" haha....i am intrigued by the google phone now, and t-mo does have it
    You know, no matter what phone I try to like, I always end up going back to a Berry. Android is just not that wonderful to me. Even scarier thing is I tried going back to my 8900 tonight and within an hour I was popping my sim right back in the 8220, lol
    01-06-10 02:32 AM
    You know, no matter what phone I try to like, I always end up going back to a Berry. Android is just not that wonderful to me. Even scarier thing is I tried going back to my 8900 tonight and within an hour I was popping my sim right back in the 8220, lol
    i was thinking about it again last night, and the 8220 is the perfect phone for what i do - i wish it had better picture quailty, but that's the only real drawback.....i plugged my desktop speakers into the output jack and was really surprised by the sound quality from the flip. not jonesing to change at all.
    01-06-10 09:35 AM
    What do you all think ... order an 8230 online now, or see if a new one comes out this year? I'm eligible for an annual upgrade now, and NE2 in May.
    tough call - hard to predict the future of these models, so might as well go for it if the features match your needs at present imo.
    01-06-10 10:22 AM
    i was thinking about it again last night, and the 8220 is the perfect phone for what i do - i wish it had better picture quailty, but that's the only real drawback.....i plugged my desktop speakers into the output jack and was really surprised by the sound quality from the flip. not jonesing to change at all.
    I agree 100%! I love EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING about it except the picture quality. Wonder if I can rip the camera outta my 8900 and pop it in...hmmmm...lol
    01-07-10 05:35 PM
    I REALLY want a Pearl Flip. I think it's the perfect phone for me. I've had my 8330 for 1.5 years, and have longed for a flip form factor since I got it.

What do you all think ... order an 8230 online now, or see if a new one comes out this year? I'm eligible for an annual upgrade now, and NE2 in May.
    I love my flip, but I really think they are going to go back the old bar Pearl with the new 9100 coming out. I dont think the 8200 series did as well as they would have liked which is unfortunate. If you are wanting the flip form factor, get the Flip, otherwise I think you may get stuck with the 9100 coming soon.
    01-07-10 05:40 PM
    The ONLY reason I got a BB was because of the flip. If they take this away I will have no reason to stay with BB. The Google phones get the Verizon coverage and it seems like they are already getting more apps made for them. I don't know why BB can't see that the flip is filling a specific market niche, and that flip owners are loyal to that specific model, not to whatever BB thinks they should buy.
    01-09-10 09:11 AM
    A flip with the internal/camera/display specs of the 8900/9700 would be SWEET
    01-09-10 06:39 PM
    I was in a verizon store yesterday and they told me when stock runs out no more pearl flip. I hope a new flip with a track pad comes out.
    Hope not ! For us who work outdoors in rough enviroment the flip is the best way to have a berry and keep protected as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-10-10 06:38 PM
    Hope not ! For us who work outdoors in rough enviroment the flip is the best way to have a berry and keep protected as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Same here its nice to have a flip you can put in your pocket and jump in a ditch and do some work. I just hope Rim sees this and keeps the flip alive!
    01-10-10 09:15 PM
    That's too bad if that's true because it was cool to have a option for a flip phone blackberry and I saw the screen resolution and that's good
    01-11-10 01:07 AM
    i here Sprint will be coming out with a 2nd Generation pearl flip sometime after the essex comes out in 2010.
    01-11-10 10:10 PM
    I have a hard time believing that. It may just be that his store wont be carrying it anymore and changed to direct fulfillment (like the 8703 amd 8830 were for quite a while). In the off chance it is indeed true, then I suspect a new model (with track pad?) will be coming soon.
    01-12-10 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD