Out 14 days within 30 new. Dead spots in upper corners of screen - typing in landscape mode is abhorrent and browser tab drives me insane. Rattling, i was told by the store rep, is the loose antenna. Oh here's the tricky one, on speaker phone, waiting on hold using the browser at the same time. The base of my thumb just barely touches the screen and it starts to flicker in and out - almost as if it can't handle the load of the open browser a call plus touch screen input all at once.
    Call Em up they say go to the store. Store says go to this store. This store says call them up. I call them up they want to give me a "certified like new" z10.
    Verizon don't insult us. Call it what it is - a REFURBISHED phone. How's that work? U order new that's defective then offered one that was also defective, but it's LIKE NEW!
    I tell them in short, if I want a defective phone I'll keep the one I have! VZ tech mgr says okay I'll notate the account.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 02-26-14 at 01:03 AM. Reason: language
    02-26-14 12:45 AM
    They almost always send a "refurb". Most are simply returns, and all are tested by a human. I've always had a higher quality refurb than the phone I was returning when unboxed. I suggest you go back, apologize, and enjoy your new Z30.
    02-26-14 01:06 AM
    Sorry about your phone troubles and carrier troubles as well. I can assure you using the Z10, Q10, and Z30 regularly that your problem not the rule.

Additionally, receiving an opened phone in return doesn't mean it's refurbished, once broken, then fixed. It could simply be a rarely used returned phone that had no problems other than the user didn't like it. Regardless, they are required to give you a phone "of like and kind". By insurance standards you are returning a broken/used phone so they only need to supply you with a working phone regardless of its new or used.

It's an awful rule, but that's what it is. Sorry for your troubles. Hope everything works out.

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-26-14 01:12 AM
    Regardless, they are required to give you a phone "of like and kind". By insurance standards you are returning a broken/used phone so they only need to supply you with a working phone regardless of its new or used.
    See there's my argument. Somewhere along the industrialized line, rules were made to first and foremost to be cost effective at the expense of service. Whether it be because of loss prevention, market competitiveness, or like you say just standards. I'd love to wake up enlightened one day and say I'm not going to work because my salary doesn't allow me to live a certain way, but I'll go on Tuesdays and Thursdays. By doing this I'd hope that it would slowly catch on and everyone else in the work force would become enlightened and do the same.
    But of course that's not feasible right? It's not competitive for the resume, sneaky if nobody finds out, and downright lackluster. But why can't I make this plausible? Is it just a social norm or like above noted a "standard" to do the best that you can for the agreed pay; go above and beyond n hope for that raise or promo? I think the rule has been written long ago. Two clams for that loaf of bread. No matter what, the buyer never wins. It goes against the the laws of exchange. Unless maybe if the product is a means to a greater end. The consumer has had thousands of years to change this, but the only setting I can think of this happening is maybe communism.
    We need this "fair trade" machine. You have the leverage when you deal hold the cards. Take it or leave it. Cliches.........
    02-26-14 02:44 AM
    See there's my argument. Somewhere along the industrialized line, rules were made to first and foremost to be cost effective at the expense of service. Whether it be because of loss prevention, market competitiveness, or like you say just standards. I'd love to wake up enlightened one day and say I'm not going to work because my salary doesn't allow me to live a certain way, but I'll go on Tuesdays and Thursdays. By doing this I'd hope that it would slowly catch on and everyone else in the work force would become enlightened and do the same.
    But of course that's not feasible right? It's not competitive for the resume, sneaky if nobody finds out, and downright lackluster. But why can't I make this plausible? Is it just a social norm or like above noted a "standard" to do the best that you can for the agreed pay; go above and beyond n hope for that raise or promo? I think the rule has been written long ago. Two clams for that loaf of bread. No matter what, the buyer never wins. It goes against the the laws of exchange. Unless maybe if the product is a means to a greater end. The consumer has had thousands of years to change this, but the only setting I can think of this happening is maybe communism.
    We need this "fair trade" machine. You have the leverage when you deal hold the cards. Take it or leave it. Cliches.........
    A few things I forgot:

***stop dealing with that store! If you bought from a corporate Verizon Store you can go to any other Corporate Store.

1) are you within 14 days of purchase; if Yes you can return for FULL refund and then buy a NEW one. If you have an old phone get the refund as gift card and hook up your old phone, go to a different store and buy the new one.

2) you have a 1 year manufacture guarantee with BlackBerry. You'd have to call BlackBerry Support at: 1-877-552-5532 and they'll say you get 14 days of free tech support ask your problem and if not within 14 days it's like $15 to have them attempt to fix over the phone, if it's past 14 days this still worth a shot cause they won't charge you if they can't fix it and if your under 1 year warranty they'll ship a new one. Who knows, they might be able to fix it. It's pretty amazing. They walk you through asking for log files, and are remotely working on your phone so call from a landline or another cell if you have one. If you're under 1 year warranty and they see its defective and can't fix it they'll send you a brand new one, not a refurb.

Good luck!

Posted via my BlackBerry Q10 or Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-26-14 04:39 AM