Hey guys i was just wondering if someone could give me a break down im getting the data plan for the 9000 or 9500 which ever i choose in september.

i want unlimited internet , email, and txting..

i am on my moms family plan if that changes anything.. could someone help me out and maybe find me a $ i am hopeing for under 40$ and i can always negotiate the people at the VZW store love me lol
    05-16-08 04:51 PM
    i was actually wondering the same thing. Iam a current att user, and going to switch to verizon (they get service in a particular area that att does not) and on their website you cant get a family plan with one person owning a BB and the other with a basic cell phone. Do I have to just go to the store and work it out? or is this something they discourage.
    05-16-08 07:09 PM
    I have a Family plan with one BB on it and one regular phone. We are in the Nationwide Family Select plan. Unlimited txt, pix, and vid on both phones for $119.00. I then add my data plan for the BB for $29.99 but I have a discount through work.
    05-16-08 07:25 PM
    I have a Family plan with one BB on it and one regular phone. We are in the Nationwide Family Select plan. Unlimited txt, pix, and vid on both phones for $119.00. I then add my data plan for the BB for $29.99 but I have a discount through work.
    I have three lines, one BB, with the $29.99 plan...it's possible, just like the example above lol.
    Last edited by paulrosenthal; 05-16-08 at 07:57 PM.
    05-16-08 07:36 PM
    450 min talk, 500 SMS, unlimited MMS, insurance, unlimited data, is $79.79 a month. My bill is the same every month. I also noticed since I got my Berry I don't talk on it as much because I mostly use e-mail, BB Messenger, or SMS to stay in touch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-08 07:52 PM
    Do you have to have a data plan for BB in order to use the BB just to call/text. My girlfriend's brother bought a BB on ebay and verizon said he has to have a data plan... True or false?

05-19-08 03:40 PM
    Do you have to have a data plan for BB in order to use the BB just to call/text. My girlfriend's brother bought a BB on ebay and verizon said he has to have a data plan... True or false?

First and foremost, did he bought a Verizon phone? (very important)
    No you don't need a Data plan for making calls/text, however Verizon will insist on him getting a Data plan, which he can cancel the next month.
    05-19-08 03:48 PM
    I'm on a Verizon family share plan too. If you want data/texting it'll break down like so:

It's $29.99 a month for unlimited BlackBerry e-mail/internet.

For texting, its:
    $5 a month for 250 text messages of any kind.

$10 a month for 500 text messages to phones on a different carrier + unlimited IN (verizon) text messages

$15 a month for 1500 any carrier texts + unlimited IN texts

$20 a month for 5000 any carrier texts + unlimited IN texts

$30 a month for unlimited texting.

The first 4 plans (5, 10, 15, and 20) apply to ONE LINE ONLY (i.e. if you get one of those plans, ONLY YOU will have access to that text messaging). If your mom sends just one text message but doesn't have one of these plans, she'll pay the .20 flat rate.

The last plan, the $30 unlimited, applies to every phone on your family share plan. If you buy this plan, EVERYONE with a line on your plan gets unlimited text, picture, and video messaging to anyone else on any carrier.
    05-19-08 04:44 PM
    I just talked to a csr at a verizon stand and they told me that you HAVE to have a data plan to register...are they just trying to make some extra money? What's the deal? I also asked if you could pull the plan after a month and I got yet another big fat no...what is the truth here. And how do you work around all this? Any tips?

05-19-08 06:37 PM
    You have to have a data plan. Its like this on almost every carrier. But what is the point of having a BlackBerry and not having internet/email capabilities? It's like getting a Lamborghini with no engine. What's the point? If you want a texting phone, get an enV or a SideKick...
    05-19-08 10:00 PM
    450 min talk, 500 SMS, unlimited MMS, insurance, unlimited data, is $79.79 a month. My bill is the same every month. I also noticed since I got my Berry I don't talk on it as much because I mostly use e-mail, BB Messenger, or SMS to stay in touch.

New to all of this, what are all of things on your plan? I was quoted $95.00 a month with 450 minutes and the $30.00 BB plan...not sure how to make that less expensive.
    05-19-08 11:19 PM
    New to all of this, what are all of things on your plan? I was quoted $95.00 a month with 450 minutes and the $30.00 BB plan...not sure how to make that less expensive.
    I believe the 450 minute plan is $35 a month? If so, add 30 for the BlackBerry unlimited internet/email plan.

That's 65 bucks per month, not including texts. If you want texting, you have a few options ($5, 10, 15, 20, and 30 plans available). I'd go with the 15--it's what I'm on now. Provides 1500 texts to any carrier + unlimited IN texting (to Verizon customers). Even if you text a ton, the $20 plan allows 5000 texts of any kind + unlimited IN. The 30 is unlimited.

If you go with the 15 or 20, that right there will save you 10 to 15 bucks per month.
    05-20-08 12:32 AM
    In regard to the data plan, a) I feel like a bb would be almost a waste of money if you don't want to use all of its capabilities, and b) when you sign up for a new data plan on verizon, you get a discount on the phone - $50 off for the cheaper data plan ($29.99/mo), $100 off for the more expensive data plan (I believe its $44.95/mo). And by the way, the cheaper data plan provides unlimited data and email, so that should be plenty for the typical bb user.

05-20-08 05:28 PM
    99.99 for 450 min unlimited txt pix video email internet

130 unlimited voice and data

150 unlimited everything voice data txt pix video
    05-22-08 02:04 PM
    I just talked to a csr at a verizon stand and they told me that you HAVE to have a data plan to register...are they just trying to make some extra money? What's the deal? I also asked if you could pull the plan after a month and I got yet another big fat no...what is the truth here. And how do you work around all this? Any tips?

There are no work-arounds you must have a data plan to have a BlackBerry device active on your line with Verizon. For the BlackBerry devices your options are as follows:
    BIS Unlimited = $29.99/month
    BES 10MB allowance =$24.99/month + $0.002/kb Over 10MB
    BES Unlimited = $44.99/month

Like others have said there isn't really a point to having a BlackBerry without the data plan if you not using email or web at all (that includes apps like Viigo and other internet based apps) then the $24.99 plan is the cheapest route to go with for a BlackBerry on the Verizon network. But if your not using those feature go with the voyager, env, env2 or glyde those phones don't "require" a data plan and have excellent text capabilities.
    05-22-08 02:34 PM
    wut is mms ?
    05-22-08 03:30 PM
    I'm in the same situation. I bought a 8830 off of eBay and ran into the same unwelcome forced data plan upgrade when I tried to transfer my service. I really don't need the data plan and only got the 8830 because it is the only phone that Verizon offers with international GSM support. That plus a querty keypad for texting. Can anyone confirm that you can cancel after the first month? I know people who have done this with other service providers (Cingular/AT&T), but have not heard of a success case with Verizon.
    06-18-08 08:26 PM
    wut is mms ?
    Multimedia TXT MSGs
    Things included in a txt that aren't just words (ie. Pictures, Ringtone).
    06-18-08 08:44 PM
    I have four phones and my data plan. I pay like $170.00 a month I think. Ring tones and ringbacks and crap that my kids can not live without
    06-19-08 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD