i see on Verizon that when choosing a blackberry you are required to select one of two "blackberry email" plans. one of which is unlimited data usage and the other is email and web for blackberry. unlimited sounds pretty self explanatory so i'm guessing this means unlimited data for web surfing or any other data needed for whatever applications you use. the "email and web for blackberry" option includes exactly what though? for $29.99 a month how much "data" access is included? i text A LOT and was hoping that by using blackberry messenger that messaging would be included in whatever data allowance is in that email and web plan. i guess i'm trying to save myself from having to purchase an additional texting allowance, since just about everyone i know has a blackberry i know i'll be using messenger, but i don't want to get slammed with texting fees. any insight or information would be greatly appreciated. thanks
    02-03-10 11:44 AM
    the 29.99 plan is Unlimited as well for personal use, the 44.99 plan is for BES and Exchange users.
    02-03-10 12:07 PM
    BBM is included in the data charge and unless your company uses BES, then the 29.99 package is all you need.
    02-03-10 12:55 PM
    thank you for the replies, that is what i thought. so as long as i use blackberry messenger i will be within the unlimited data part of the plan and not using texts. does it matter if this is between carriers...verizon to at&t or vice versa...? i don't think it should matter, but it's always nice to confirm.
    02-03-10 01:31 PM
    you can BBM between all carriers...it doesn't matter.
    02-03-10 01:34 PM
    No it doesn't matter. It is Unlimited either way.
    02-03-10 01:36 PM
    this is what i was thinking/hoping for and now its confirmed. very cool, thank you all for the information.
    02-03-10 01:41 PM
    That's why I love BBM...although I do have unlimited texts too...hum.
    02-03-10 04:13 PM
    Yea, I have unlimited text, now....
    A pre-teen with a phone is a bad thing. I had to get unlimited or my daughter was going to break me going over her text allotment.

It was easier and more cost effective just to add unlimited text than pay the $4.99 to limit usage.

Unlimited is the way to go. BBM is waaaayyy tooo cool.
    02-03-10 05:44 PM
    Will your bill show data usage every time u send a message with BBM or does it just up your usage at random times?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-10 12:03 AM
    The bill will show the aggregate amount of data used during the billing cycle. It will not be broken down.
    02-26-10 06:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD