Hi, I'm days away from ordering a BlackBerry Tour from Verizon. (I'm due for an upgrade on my family plan.)
    My problem is that I'm sooo confused about the data plans...
    Let's say we switch to the Verizon unlimited data plan ($139.99/month) can that be used for a BlackBerry as well or do you have to purchase the separate BIS only for Blackberries ($29.99/month)? Verizon data plans are so confusing! Thanks for any help.
    09-01-09 04:21 AM
    You would go with the BIS $29.99 plan.
    09-01-09 08:04 AM
    The 29.99 is unlimited data for your blackberry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 09:31 AM
    So the unlimited data plan for $139.99 can't be used for BlackBerries?
    09-01-09 05:34 PM
    Not even eligible for the plan. Select with bis

09-01-09 05:52 PM
    Not even eligible for the plan. Select with bis

What? I'm sorry I don't understand....
    09-01-09 09:29 PM
    For a blackberry you have two options ONLY.

The BIS or the BES. You would use the BIS. That's what everyone here is telling you. Don't even THINK about the other two, they're not an option.
    09-01-09 09:34 PM
    So the unlimited data plan for $139.99 can't be used for BlackBerries?
    As the gentlemen above have been saying, no - it is not a BlackBerry plan, nor is it a smartphone plan. You can use it on the enV phones, flip phones, the Moto Rival. You cannot get it on any HTC phone, any BlackBerry phone, any Palm phone, any Windows Mobile phone, any Android phone or any Symbian phone.

That little Cessna might get you from Dallas to Los Angeles, but you won't be going with 50 friends - same thing applies here. That $139 plan will get you online, just not with a smartphone.

Choose your minutes - a plan from 450 to unlimited, either basic or select. Then, if you chose basic, choose your texting plan - from pay per to $20 - Select includes texting. Then select the $29.99 BlackBerry BIS plan for BlackBerry or smartphone data plan for any other smartphone. These are the only options available.

For unlimited BlackBerry minutes & text, you're looking at about $190.

09-01-09 09:44 PM
    As the gentlemen above have been saying, no - it is not a BlackBerry plan, nor is it a smartphone plan. You can use it on the enV phones, flip phones, the Moto Rival. You cannot get it on any HTC phone, any BlackBerry phone, any Palm phone, any Windows Mobile phone, any Android phone or any Symbian phone.

That little Cessna might get you from Dallas to Los Angeles, but you won't be going with 50 friends - same thing applies here. That $139 plan will get you online, just not with a smartphone.

Choose your minutes - a plan from 450 to unlimited, either basic or select. Then, if you chose basic, choose your texting plan - from pay per to $20 - Select includes texting. Then select the $29.99 BlackBerry BIS plan for BlackBerry or smartphone data plan for any other smartphone. These are the only options available.

Thats why its hard to beat Sprints $99 everything plan. You get even more with Sprint.
    09-01-09 09:56 PM
    Yeah even more dropped calls, even more hidden fees, even more data packet losses, even more non-covered areas...

09-01-09 10:01 PM

Thanks so much for clearing that up. That was really helpful, thank you.
    09-01-09 10:20 PM
    Yeah even more dropped calls, even more hidden fees, even more data packet losses, even more non-covered areas...

Ummmm, I dont think so. Just because its more money doesnt mean its better.
    4G network
    09-02-09 09:46 PM
    Ummmm, I dont think so. Just because its more money doesnt mean its better.
    4G network
    It does in this case. VZ costs more because of substantially more coverage. Sprints coverage map would look pathetic without VZ roaming. I won't even bother getting in the 4G discussion. VZ will overtake Sprints tiny 4G coverage in no time at all probably in less then a year

09-02-09 11:48 PM
    It does in this case. VZ costs more because of substantially more coverage. Sprints coverage map would look pathetic without VZ roaming. I won't even bother getting in the 4G discussion. VZ will overtake Sprints tiny 4G coverage in no time at all probably in less then a year
    LTE will have surpassed the WiMAX footprint by May 2010. By the end of 2010, it will be three to four times larger.

In two years, talking WiMAX vs LTE will be like comparing VZW's current 3G coverage to T-Mobile's 3G coverage.

Then there is the issue that WiMAX is actually pretty pathetic.

I don't care what the hypesters & Clearwire fans say - WiMAX is suitable only for stationary mobile - extended WiFi. It is not a true mobile technology.

09-03-09 03:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD