Hello All,

I am a new blackberry user and I had a question regarding Verizon's data plans. I know there is a 29.99 version and a 45.99 version. I was under the impression the only difference between the two is BIS for the cheaper version and BES for the more expensive one. My verizon salesman informed me before I returned my Treo that the 29.99 version only supported email from POP3 servers and .com addresses such as Hotmail and Yahoo. However, I use two IMAP email servers both from .edu domains. I asked him if IMAP would work and he sort of froze. I got the impression that he didn't even know what IMAP was. He told me no that IMAP is absolutely not supported by Verizon under the 29.99 plan. When I look on the Verizon Wireless website the 29.99 plan lists "Up to 10 pop3 or IMAP accounts" What gives? Was this guy lying to me? I ended up picking the 45.99 plan.

Can someone please explain clearly what all the differences and nuances I will notice if I switch to the cheaper plan? Am I stuck with POP3 service if I switch? Will my IMAPs work and will they function the same?

Thanks for your help!!!
    07-24-08 07:38 PM
    Imap will work. Call VZw and have then change it back and have then back date it to your billing cycle.
    Last edited by lastraid; 07-24-08 at 07:47 PM.
    07-24-08 07:45 PM
    IMAPS will work perfectly.. BB are the toys of the future.. Now if we can only get to be like that German superstore that shops with their phones.. That would be slick..
    07-24-08 07:56 PM
    Yep the 29.99 plan is what you need.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 07:59 PM
    That guy just didn't even know what he was talking about... hence "he froze." You'll be good with the 29.99
    07-24-08 08:02 PM
    $29.99 will work. Surprised he didn't know that...
    07-24-08 09:42 PM
    I have the 29.99 and use it with gmail on imap. Seems to work fine.

07-24-08 10:45 PM
    I dunno what that rep was thinking.. but you are right and you would be fine on the lower plan... call in get it changed
    07-24-08 10:56 PM
    He froze because he was trying to figure out what IMAP stood for and not look stupid.
    Save yourself some money- change to the ceaper plan.

07-24-08 11:54 PM
    Thanks all for the help! I will give Verizon a call.

07-25-08 08:00 AM
    He froze because he was trying to figure out what IMAP stood for and not look stupid.
    Save yourself some money- change to the ceaper plan.

Yup! I love VZW but when it comes to many BB specific questions they are useless. Many of them actually search this site for answers when users call with problems.
    07-25-08 10:11 AM
    you just have to get the right person on the phone.. its funny though, out of the 200 people that work in my building, only like 5 of us know about BB.. so, its hit or miss..
    07-25-08 12:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD