Anyone seeing that verizon data service is out 3:00PM Thur 1/8 new york?
    01-08-09 03:06 PM
    Data was out earlier for me, it came back at around 2:00 PM. I'm also on Verizon, New Jersey. I didn't get any notifications of an outage, so I wasn't sure if it was an outage or if it was just my BB.
    01-08-09 03:40 PM
    Verizon has been experiencing data outages since approximately 1:30PM - 3:14PM. Verizon says this has impacted the East Coast preventing data, SMS, and PIN traffic.

This outage has been verified in Washington, DC and Annapolis, MD.

As of right now it appears the services are once again available, however noticeably slow for the time being.
    01-08-09 03:42 PM
    Central NY - I have had no problems with email, BBM, or other services today. All emails arrived the same time they did on the computer (several during the times above).

Could be more localized than regional or coastal.
    01-08-09 03:50 PM
    Central NY - I have had no problems with email, BBM, or other services today. All emails arrived the same time they did on the computer (several during the times above).

Could be more localized than regional or coastal.
    That's possible, it could be a more localized outage. The post I made just above yours was a cut-and-paste from a BB outage e-mail group, so there is some type of outage, but it could be a relatively small region that is affected.

They verified Washington, DC and Annapolis, Maryland. I can personally verify northern NJ and the OP just indicates "NY," which I'm assuming is NYC (but I hate "assuming" ).

Whatever is going on, enjoy your data services---and hope that the outage isn't rolling north!

I have them back now, but they're very slow...
    01-08-09 04:01 PM
    Here in FL, I am having issues with Messenger taking forever to send and receive messages. Using a Storm on Verizon despite what my profiel over there says.
    01-08-09 04:57 PM
    01-08-09 07:20 PM
    Its all over Verizon. Even FIOS took a crap all day. Just came back tonight here in northern NJ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 09:16 PM
    My data was back on at around 1530 in northeastern MD.
    01-08-09 10:23 PM
    Never even noticed. Was too busy working I guess.
    01-08-09 11:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD