10-20-11 07:10 PM
65 123
tools
    Yeah, it's counting the data, doesn't matter how it adds up. I'm on a 3G android device for the time being and find it very easy to go thru the 2GB and beyond. Very easy to do.
    09-24-11 03:02 PM
    What am I supposed to be denying? You keep bringing up BB data usage. I don't have a BB. I never said or categorized any platform as using more data than the other. YOU KEEP SAYING THAT.

Like I said before, I AM TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE IN GENERAL. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE OF A CERTAIN PLATFORM. I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT A PARTICULAR PHONE, CARRIER, OR OS.

ALL I AM STATING, WHICH ONCE AGAIN IS MY OPINION, THAT I FIND IT CRAZY THAT PEOPLE GO OVER 5GB A MONTH. I SAY THIS BECAUSE I KNOW PEOPLE WITH THE SAME OS'S THAT YOU KEEP BRINGING ALL THESE STATS ABOUT, AND WHEN I ASKED THEM TODAY AT WORK ALL OF THEM SAID THAT THEY DO NOT GO OVER 5GB A MONTH.

SO APPARENTLY WHEREEVER YOU ARE GETTING YOUR "FACTS" FROM DID NOT TALK TO MY CO-WORKERS.
    No need to go off the deep end jeezus.
    09-24-11 08:35 PM
    Dude needs a chill pill, all caps, geez. The limit's 2GB anyway, not 5.
    09-24-11 08:47 PM
    No need to go off the deep end jeezus.
    I did that because maybe she can't see the posts too good even though she has a 4.3" display. So I was just helping her out. Because for some strange reason she kept saying that I said something in my posts that I didn't say.

So that's all that that was about.
    09-26-11 01:49 PM
    Dude needs a chill pill, all caps, geez. The limit's 2GB anyway, not 5.
    Chill pill???? Right....right.....gotcha.

I know what the cap is. My discussion was on going over 5GB a month.

Sooo.....I guess I should be thanking you for reminding me of something that I already know, huh?
    09-26-11 01:55 PM
    Fyi Verizon thought it was somewhat quietly implementing limits that would be above most current user levels NOW. However, they hoped that LATER when usage grows & more users are bumping into the limit, then the "rule" would have been already in place and not a "new" clampdown catching more attention. Their strategy success remains to be seen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by glassofpinot; 09-27-11 at 10:06 PM. Reason: spell
    09-26-11 05:59 PM
    Seems to me if so many people are moving to 4G devices there should be plenty of space for the 3G!
    09-27-11 02:55 PM
    4g isn't available in most markets. I live in a town of 40000 and we don't have it yet. Besides my top of the line phone doesn't have a 4g radio.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 01:06 PM
    Seems to me if so many people are moving to 4G devices there should be plenty of space for the 3G!
    VZ 3G is not getting faster, I can tell you that much...
    10-03-11 08:24 PM
    I think it bares mentioning that the 5% figure comes from ALL smartphone customers ranging from the power user who uses 5 GB or more a month to the casual BB or iOS user who only has the data plan on the phone because they are forced to and who only use a few hundred MB a month.

It think it is also safe to say that probably 95% of the users in these forums are in that top 5% of data users so we are not really a good sample to go by.

Yes Android phones ted to use more data, but not everyone who has one actually uses their phones to the fullest extent they can.
    10-10-11 10:48 PM
    I guess I don't fully understand how the bridge works, but isn't it just a tether to a PB from a BB? Makes the PB work thru the BB, so if your surfing on the BB for instance you see it on the PB? Do I have that right? In any case any data used is going to count, no question about that, might be less with the compressed data functions of BB's.
    Blackberry Bridge is a Bluetooth connection between your playbook and your BB. All of the PB data is first passed to the BB and then to the network and vice versa.

No as I understand it the PB data does not show up on the BB screen or vice versa, the PB is basically being used as a wireless modem for the BB and the PIM (email and calendar) are stored on the BB.
    10-10-11 10:54 PM
    If you go on Verizon tiered data rather than unlimited, they don't throttle you, but you do pay $10/Gig above the amount included in your plan.

Having said that, it is a whole lot better than the typical data used for the UK where I have been spending some time lately. 500Mb is typical amount of data per month, and get ridiculously expensive above that, and it is generally 3G. There is one network (Three) that still offers unlimited data to everyone (including pay as you go customers).
    Last edited by Bromo33333; 10-18-11 at 11:22 AM.
    10-18-11 11:19 AM
    This sucks but I'd much rather be throttled with my unlimited plan than be charged $10/GB on the tiered.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    10-20-11 04:39 PM
    This sucks but I'd much rather be throttled with my unlimited plan than be charged $10/GB on the tiered.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    I'm wondering how data throttling will affect navigation, gps? Does it update directions slowly? I don't want that.
    10-20-11 05:18 PM
    I'm wondering how data throttling will affect navigation, gps? Does it update directions slowly? I don't want that.
    I wouldnt worry about that. The top 5% are mostly the dunderheads who are illegally tethering or streaming YouTube/Slacker/Pandora, etc all day. And I dout it would seriously effect GPS and navigation.
    10-20-11 07:10 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD