The only thing premium about Verizon are the prices. And what happened to their customer service it used to be much better and top notch at one point.
    02-20-15 08:17 AM
    So what is your particular issue at this time?I have been a VZW customer for 33 years and other than a few minor issues, do not have a complaint about them except maybe their lack of love for BB. But their customer service still helps me when I call.....

what is your particular issue?
    02-20-15 08:24 AM
    I tried to give the thread a relevant title, but there wasn't a lot of substance in the OP. Hopefully this is what you're saying.

Maybe elaborate slightly on why these are your thoughts. Did something just occur to lead you to your opinions?
    02-20-15 08:28 AM
    I hear you. I had an issue where an iPhone Edge plan got attached to the wrong phone, so we ended up having a feature phone with a $600+ balance on it. I kept being told not to worry about it, turned out of course it was a problem, at least to upgrade. No one could actually fix it.

It took a new coworkers wife, who worked at a Verizon store to get it resolved. She couldn't actually fix the problem itself, but she was able to think outside the box and the end result was good. We ended up sacrificing an old Blackberry I had in my stash to give to Verizon, and she was able to sell her old iPhone herself to pay off the Edge balance. But many store reps and even a BSC rep kept saying not to worry about it.
    02-20-15 09:16 AM
    To be fair, I shouldn't say everything is bad with Verizon but the customer service is disappointing.

Went on a family plan to save money. Not long after the first bill comes out and its much higher than the stated price point. Even with taxes surcharges and prorated fees it still was way higher. Either way not a huge deal. The worst part after about a month in one of the phones got to where it wont turn on at all. Verizon tried different batteries etc. The phone is in excellent condition otherwise with no drops, water damage etc.

The worst part comes in here. Verizon said they don't have the techs in the store like they used to and you can't swap like before you have to mail back the phone. Ok that's fine but the rep also stated it will be a refurbished phone. That's the worst part. The line will be stuck with an almost full two year contract with a return phone. Is this normal procedure in a case like this? 3 months in I could see getting a refurb but 3-4 weeks in doesn't seem fair to me. Maybe I'm expecting too much.
    02-20-15 09:29 AM
    Oh and the phone issue was first reported to Verizon around the 3 week mark. Just outside the 14 day return which was bad luck.
    02-20-15 09:32 AM
    Oh and the phone issue was first reported to Verizon around the 3 week mark. Just outside the 14 day return which was bad luck.
    To be fair, I shouldn't say everything is bad with Verizon but the customer service is disappointing.

Went on a family plan to save money. Not long after the first bill comes out and its much higher than the stated price point. Even with taxes surcharges and prorated fees it still was way higher. Either way not a huge deal. The worst part after about a month in one of the phones got to where it wont turn on at all. Verizon tried different batteries etc. The phone is in excellent condition otherwise with no drops, water damage etc.

The worst part comes in here. Verizon said they don't have the techs in the store like they used to and you can't swap like before you have to mail back the phone. Ok that's fine but the rep also stated it will be a refurbished phone. That's the worst part. The line will be stuck with an almost full two year contract with a return phone. Is this normal procedure in a case like this? 3 months in I could see getting a refurb but 3-4 weeks in doesn't seem fair to me. Maybe I'm expecting too much.
    Warranty replacements have always been refurbs...Yea it sucks, but it's been like that for a very long time, and I don't know of many companies who would be replacing it with a new device for a warranty replacement.
    02-20-15 09:37 AM
    That's too bad. You may not be expecting too much, but I think that VZW could be clearer in their defective device replacement policy. You have to go looking for it. My experience has been that they replace a defective new device with a new device within 30 days of purchase. Their terms, however, specify that "If it's been more than 15 days since purchase, it'll be replaced with a Certified Like-New Replacement (a like unit or one of comparable quality)." Device Replacement Program | Verizon Wireless . It may depend on the CSR that gets your call. I guess I have been fortunate.

The "return phone" isn't a bad thing. I've had very good luck with the certified preowned devices. In fact, I've never had to replace a preowned device gone bad. Just new ones. The advanced tech support folks have explained to me that for the most part, they are devices returned for various reasons within the 14-day return window because it's too hard to turn on, it's too confusing, it's too light/heavy/fat/narrow/etc., or there is a software hangup. Those devices are inspected, reloaded, cleaned and stickered, and shipped. The truly defective devices apparently are handled differently. I have bought preowned devices outright and you can't tell that they've been in someone else's hands. I just bought a preowned Galaxy Note 4, and compared it to a coworker's new Note 4. Mine was newer (manufactured in January 2015) and cost $200 less. Mine has the same warranty too. I also know that mine was actually inspected and checked to ensure that everything worked before it was shipped to me.
    02-20-15 11:48 AM
    So what is your particular issue at this time?I have been a VZW customer for 33 years and other than a few minor issues, do not have a complaint about them except maybe their lack of love for BB. But their customer service still helps me when I call.....

33 years!?!? Were the first words you ever spoke signing up for a Verizon contact !?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 04:41 PM
    33 years!?!? Were the first words you ever spoke signing up for a Verizon contact !?

Posted via CB10
    Thank you honey! That's very sweet!
    But I have been around a while...lol
    Seriously tho...been a customer for 33 years!
    02-20-15 10:21 PM
    I'm using a refurb that I received with an insurance claim for my z30. If I had been thinking I'd have just replaced the screen myself on my phone. Fact is its very likely yhe phone I got back was a cracked screen victim. I've had 0 issues with it since I got it last summer. Other than the plan prices and their big brother attitude I've had no issues with vzw. The customer service has been fine.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 11:50 PM
    This is why I have never paid for insurance on any of my phones. First of all, they all have a manufacturer warranty. Second of all, I don't want to pay all of that money only to get a refurbished phone if something should happen. I have been with Verizon for almost 20 years though, so we have tons of Verizon phones sitting around the house that could be activated if needed. Plus I can buy an old Curve 9330 from Amazon in good condition for around $15 (I buy these often as these are the phones my kids use).

I hear you on switching plans and the bill is always higher than expected, especially that first one! Eeek...

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 07:07 PM

There was VZW 33 yrs ago?

And yeah I've always been assisted very well in store and on the phone.

CB10 via Z30
    02-25-15 05:10 PM