I really wanted to get a curve and was about to pay the 299.99 for it but a quick call to customer service and talking nice I was told they would ask a manager to move up my upgrade date so now I can get the 100.00 upgrade discount and then the 50.00 rebate. I guess it does pay to ask for what you want.
    05-24-08 08:05 PM
    Glad you were able to swing the Deal on the Curve. Congrats!

Welcome to the Crack!
    05-24-08 08:43 PM
    Being nice always works. I've found with most companies if you're friendly with the rep you usually get a deal. My rule of thumb is to listen to their tone when the answer the phone. If they sound like they've had a bad day I'll hang up and call back.

Congrats on the new Curve
    05-24-08 08:47 PM
    It's actually a promotion for customers that are wanting to upgrade specifically to blackberries. If you are the primary # on your account and want to upgrade early they will make the exception. Why you ask? Becasue you will be paying an extra 29.99 a month at least.
    05-24-08 08:48 PM
    Told you so.
    Welcome to your new addiction. Get plenty of sleep before it shows up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 10:28 PM
    I got my curve for $100 and still get a $50 rebate :-d
    05-25-08 10:04 AM
    It seems the prices for the Curve from VZW have been all over the board really. If you feel like you got a good deal, then everything should be good.
    05-25-08 10:29 AM
    I have been with Verizon for 6 years and have had no issue with customer service. Anytime I have an issue it is always handled promptly. They gave me a great deal on my Berry as well...
    05-25-08 10:31 AM
    WOW! Must be nice!

I have had verizon for 8 years and I still had to pay $299.99. When i asked if I could get the additional credit I was told no by 3 different reps.

They said that even though I was eligible for an upgrade, the $100 discount only applied to new customers or to customers who were eligible for the new every two discount.

I'm serious, I'm really starting to think about leaving Verizon now
    05-25-08 12:13 PM
    WOW! Must be nice!

I have had verizon for 8 years and I still had to pay $299.99. When i asked if I could get the additional credit I was told no by 3 different reps.

They said that even though I was eligible for an upgrade, the $100 discount only applied to new customers or to customers who were eligible for the new every two discount.

I'm serious, I'm really starting to think about leaving Verizon now
    That's unfortunate, I've been with Verizon for 6 years now and it was time for me to renew my contract this past week. My brother and I are on the family plan and it turns out that he had the primary number even though he rarely uses his phone. I really wanted the Curve but I wanted to get as many discounts as I possibly could and I asked if I could have my brother's upgrade credit for $100 and they said sure so it went from $299.99 to $199.99 and then I got the mail in rebate which made it go down to $149.99. And THEN they said something about me having a past $50 credit which hadn't expired yet so that went into play also so I only paid $99.99 for my Curve

I love VZW - they're so good to me!
    05-25-08 08:11 PM
    I got my curve for $100 and still get a $50 rebate :-d
    Me too!!!! $65.23 with tax!!!!! After mail in rebate, of course.
    05-26-08 01:35 PM
    Has anyone receive their rebate yet. I bought my Curve through the web and now they told me via post card that I'm not eligible for the mail in rebate? They didn't specify on their web site or on their post card the reason why. I knew I should have switch providers instead of extending it, just bad business practice.
    05-27-08 08:34 PM
    They have earned my loyalty for a long time to come...I bought a SMT 5800 with my NE2 credit and took it back today (after 40 days). I explained to the rep how unhappy I was with the phone, knowing full well I was outside my 30 day return policy. I told him I wanted to use the NE2 credit on another one of my lines. He told me to get all the stuff from the SMT5800 together and bring it back and they would trade me out...it worked like a charm....and another thing..I have not been able to put this phone down, it is awesome!
    05-27-08 11:33 PM
    I got upgraded to the curve for free since I was having so many problem with my pearl.
    05-28-08 08:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD